Goodpasture vs. Alcoa

GHSFAN07

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I got my good laugh of the day.....

Someone said Alcoa's offense is more electric this year than last year, haha!

That is very far from true, last years team had five more D-1 and D-1AA players on the team along with the current players.

For the game....The speed of Alcoa will continue to dominate just like it has all year. Alcoa has had the great coaching the last few years to go along with all these great athletes, and well the gold balls speak for themselves. Goodpasture will play for a quarter, maybe a half, but Alcoa has the type of offense that can kill all momentum a team has in one play, from any place on the field, from any position.

Nice Dynasty going on here at Alcoa

2000-State Champs

2001-Semi Finalist

2003-Semi Finalist

2004-State Champs

2005-State Champs

2006-State Champs

2007-State Champs (No reason why they shouldnt, will struggle against the bigger schools, but continue to dominate 2A)

Alcoa- 42

Goodpasture-20

Goodpasture and Alcoa is a rivalry that goes back a long time. 1977 to be exact. When Alcoa defeated Goodpasture for their first state championship. in 2000 alcoa went to goodpasture and defeated them again and went on to win their 5th state championship. The following year Goodpasture came to goddard field and defeated alcoa in a very close game and advance on and win a state title. Last year Alcoa thumped Goodpasture in the state title game winning their 7th Title. From all the games ive seen one thing is common. If you jump on Goodpasture and get them down 14+ points quick, they lay down. GP has ALWAYS run off momentum when playing alcoa. If they lose it they go flat and flat quick. Alcoa has the big play guys and athletes to jump all over goodpasture. If you blink during the game you can miss alcoa scoring 3 TDs, they can and will score from anywhere on the field. I believe GP is a better team this year, theres no doubting that at all. They still arent the caliber of Alcoa though. Its not a bad thing as Alcoa for the past 6 years have been just insanely good. The talent pool has been overflowing. We are in what i like to call a Maryville Streak...We're winning and winning at all cost and not holding back. Alcoa is fast, quick, deep and talented...I think thats just too much for GP. I understand you have 7 tailbacks but you're not gonna run all over alcoa. The speed alcoa has on the turf is ungodly. Goodpasture might be a quick team...But thats compared to school like DL, Milan, CPA....Teams that are usualy BIG BOY schools and not athletic schools. The speed alcoa has cant be compared to anything in nashville. Once again GP might be better then last year....But still not enough to take the title from alcoa

Alcoa-56

Goodpasture-28

Goodpasture and Alcoa is a rivalry that goes back a long time. 1977 to be exact. When Alcoa defeated Goodpasture for their first state championship. in 2000 alcoa went to goodpasture and defeated them again and went on to win their 5th state championship. The following year Goodpasture came to goddard field and defeated alcoa in a very close game and advance on and win a state title. Last year Alcoa thumped Goodpasture in the state title game winning their 7th Title. From all the games ive seen one thing is common. If you jump on Goodpasture and get them down 14+ points quick, they lay down. GP has ALWAYS run off momentum when playing alcoa. If they lose it they go flat and flat quick. Alcoa has the big play guys and athletes to jump all over goodpasture. If you blink during the game you can miss alcoa scoring 3 TDs, they can and will score from anywhere on the field. I believe GP is a better team this year, theres no doubting that at all. They still arent the caliber of Alcoa though. Its not a bad thing as Alcoa for the past 6 years have been just insanely good. The talent pool has been overflowing. We are in what i like to call a Maryville Streak...We're winning and winning at all cost and not holding back. Alcoa is fast, quick, deep and talented...I think thats just too much for GP. I understand you have 7 tailbacks but you're not gonna run all over alcoa. The speed alcoa has on the turf is ungodly. Goodpasture might be a quick team...But thats compared to school like DL, Milan, CPA....Teams that are usualy BIG BOY schools and not athletic schools. The speed alcoa has cant be compared to anything in nashville. Once again GP might be better then last year....But still not enough to take the title from alcoa

Alcoa-56

Goodpasture-28

Great post, but we first played Goodpasture in 1978. Maryville was just up the road at Vandy handing it to Brentwood Academy. I was a 7th grader and my cousin was one of the stars on the team. I can remember the line of cars from Blount County (Maryville and Alcoa) heading back home after the games. Still gives me chill bumps. No one, and I mean no one from other parts in the state understand what it means to play at these two schools. Just totally unbelievable if you look at the history in this county. I went to college in the Nashville area and would occasionally bring fraternity brothers back to the "game" and they just couldn't believe the fanfare and excitement. Anyway, I will never forget that night in Nashville. Glen Sankey knocked out their "stud" Tight End who went on to start at Vandy. The Goodpasture folks were class acts as they fed the Alcoa folks afterwards in their gym. Johnny Cash was there as his son was a student at Goodpasture.

Great to hear you guys bragging again about how fast your players are on carpet and how your only number 2 in the polls and how much Fulton has improved more than Goodpasture. None of that matters, it is all just a lot of fans having opinions about their school. Goodpasture will brag on how fast their players are and how much faster they will be on the carpet as well. Yes, Goodpasture is ranked number one in the polls but having respect for Alcoa, until our Cougars beat them like they should Friday, they are the defending champs from last year and will be favored in the game, just ask all the Alcoa fans on here. As far as numbers go, Goodpasture beat Lipscomb who will be playing Fulton for the 3A state championship being their only loss this season. No sense in comparing all of these games because the only one that matters is the one Friday night in the rematch and I really believe that last year Goodpasture was just happy to be there. No one expected them to get their but they deserved it by their play. This year they have been on a mission since day one, game one, and that is to get back to the State Championship and beat Alcoa. This will be a game where one team has to match the other team. Turnovers will be critical for both teams and that is where I think Goodpasture has the advantage this year and that is capitalizing on turnovers. Just like Alcoa, Goodpasture can score and score very quickly. Both teams have very good offenses and very good defenses. I think if it comes down to the kicking game in the end, Goodpasture holds the advantage. The Cougars kicker has a great leg and you will get a chance to see that on the opening kickoff when he boots it in the endzone. Everyone have a safe drive, hope their are no injuries on either side and get ready for a great game.

Goodpasture wins in a close one.

Go Cougars!

Goodpasture, no worries Lipscomb has your back. I want to congratulate you on the win in Milan. I feel you have the edge in this game. Since playing yall in the beginning of the year, you have continued to impress me. I know good and well yall have gotten better since then, so my advice to Alcoa is WATCH OUT!

Good Luck Cougars from the Mustangs

Goodpasture:35

Alcoa:21

Goodpasture, no worries Lipscomb has your back. I want to congratulate you on the win in Milan. I feel you have the edge in this game. Since playing yall in the beginning of the year, you have continued to impress me. I know good and well yall have gotten better since then, so my advice to Alcoa is WATCH OUT!

Good Luck Cougars from the Mustangs

Goodpasture:35

Alcoa:21

My advice is for you to worry about not getting drilled by Fulton because that is probley what is going to happen.

Edited by noquarter

I'm going to sit this thread out. Its worse than a broken record blah, blah, blah, blah. Same stuff, over and over and over again. We're faster, we're going to stomp you, same as last years, we're faster, we're bigger, blah, blah blah.

Can't you think up anything better to say, than to say what everyone else has said five times already, and this is only Saturday. Come on Alcoa fans, you must have a bigger vocabulary than our showing.

See ya at the game.