Ravenwood vs Smyrna

tj37067

rhs has barely thrown any screen passes all year so the rhs coaches will see that smyrna can't stop a screen pass and they won't be able to do anything about it. The only reason rhs is putting points on the board is because becker sees a broken coverage every now and then and lobs the ball up to his recievers. ive seen smyrna play a few times now and ive seen few if any broken coverages from their defensive backs. im not favoring any side by any means but i do think that the gray+wilkes combo is way too strong for the rhs defense. i think shs will take this one.

Didn't Ravenwood beat Smyrna a few weeks ago?

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...two middle TN teams in the 5A finals...I'm shocked!

Congrats to both teams. I would just point out that it is impossible for two west tennessee teams to play each other, or two east tennessee teams to play each other as well: the way the brackets are set up in an east/west split. Not trying to stir the pot because obviously the two best teams are playing, but statistically, it is just as likely for two middle TN teams to play each other as an East TN team and a West TN team.

it's a lose lose situation for riverdale....

smyrna wins- you have to put up with them talking for a whole nother year...

ravenwood wins- they'll be the first team to ever go back to back....

You can cross out the first back to back part. It has already been done, your school was part of it, and changed Tennessee high school football as we used to know it.

1995 5A Brentwood Academy 27 Riverdale 16

1996 5A Brentwood Academy 28 Jefferson County 7

We Believe in the Raptors out at Indy.

I think Ravenwood knows how to run a screen pass just fine.

Ravenwood has the edge in coaching, but something about this Smyrna team worries me.

But that being said, I've been worried for the Raptors every game thus far and they've proved me wrong each time.

Good Luck to both teams--all midstate final with no Riverdale. What a beautiful thing.

Ravenwood won 15-12 in week 5.

You might as well call that week 5 meeting ancient, ancient history because both of these teams are playing for a lot more come next Saturday. And both teams have improved since then.

I really wanted to congratulate both teams for making it this far and good luck next week in the Middle TN. I'm glad this title will stay where it belongs. For Ravenwood, playing in their second Class 5A title in their fourth year of varsity football is absolutely amazing; not only that, but also a chance to REPEAT!! And for Smyrna, you all proved me wrong after the loss to Riverdale! I thought you all were overrated. Keep believing and good things will come your way.