milan 2007

bulldoggfan

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it has everything to do with him being the starting QB. would you want you're starting QB going both ways if he didn't have to? i know the kid and his family personally and i've seen him play. he's the real deal. he just needs to be fine tuned by the great milan coaching staff. he's college potential but he was never gonna be seen at dresden with that coaching staff. he'll get noticed at milan, i guarantee it. this ain't coming from someone who knows somebody who knows somebody. i know the kid and his potential. like someone else posted earlier, he's just another weapon in milan's arsenal.

Hopefully he does well. I would like for all kids to succeed. I saw one game this past year and it was against Westview, Dresden had a chance to win that game inspite of his play. I believe he had something like 7 or 8 turnovers, 5 ints. and a few fumbled snaps. But the thing that got me the most was when it was a fourth down late in the game, there was a busted play and instead of a 6'3" 200lb. player turning up field for 2 yards to get a first down, he ran out of bounds to avoid the contact. I believe at the time the score was 7-0. That was all I needed to see. That shows one of a few things that coaching can't change, lack of heart/Toughness, not a competitor or just doesn't care. Someone could be coached by Bill Parcells or whoever and if they don't have those attributes they will never be very good.

I hope this kids goes where he will be happy and hopefully he will do the things that will make him the type of player that you say he can be.

Hopefully he does well. I would like for all kids to succeed. I saw one game this past year and it was against Westview, Dresden had a chance to win that game inspite of his play. I believe he had something like 7 or 8 turnovers, 5 ints. and a few fumbled snaps. But the thing that got me the most was when it was a fourth down late in the game, there was a busted play and instead of a 6'3" 200lb. player turning up field for 2 yards to get a first down, he ran out of bounds to avoid the contact. I believe at the time the score was 7-0. That was all I needed to see. That shows one of a few things that coaching can't change, lack of heart/Toughness, not a competitor or just doesn't care. Someone could be coached by Bill Parcells or whoever and if they don't have those attributes they will never be very good.

I hope this kids goes where he will be happy and hopefully he will do the things that will make him the type of player that you say he can be.

i remember that game too. he did have a bad game that nite. but you have to remember he was just a sophomore who made sophomore mistakes. you must not have seen any more games. dresden was and is not a good football team. due mostly to coaching. they are too predictable. most times when he dropped back to pass he was running for his life because of no protection . no, he didn't set the world on fire in dresden but you have to remember this is dresden were talking about. never been a very good football program up there. when this kid gets to milan and gets under the tutaledge(DON'T know if i spelled that right) of the milan coaching staff you're gonna see all that raw talent turn into upper classman talent no matter what position he is playing. this kid just wants to win and be shown how to win and he'll get that at milan. when you play football at milan you're expected to win. at dresden it's a coin toss at best until they change their staff and their game plan. he has heart, toughness and loves the game and that's what milan is looking for in a player. milan plays great football and this kid will be another spoke in the wheel that wins the region for them and hopefully gets them to the boro next december. GOD BLESS!

coach holden has luke on a tough upper-body only workout at this time. i think he said that because of lack of lineman, luke will have to really do some damage in the first few weeks of practice or he'll play gaurd for milan, not fullback.

[/quote

wonder what luke thinks about moving to guard? in a way that could be a good thing. milan could use some pulling guards. who is another lineman that is quick like luke to play a pulling guard?

But he will not be eligible for spring sports this year right? and what position in baseball does he play

if you're talking about the coleman kid whose transferring from dresden, i don't think he will be eligible for spring sports(someone please verify). he pitches and can play any position on the field consistently although i have told him he needs to be behind the plate or right field with the arm that he has. if i was coaching him he would be behind the plate and maybe doing some late inning relief pitching.