Privates Better Coaches

ddaddy

You are quite a character! Your thoughts about how people get their money are priceless. The funny thing is, 99% of the "Johnny Rurals" I know are pumping gas and drinking beer right now. Meanwhile, I'm trying to prepare for the LSAT ( you know, law school ), keep my GPA up at an "Ivy league caliber" college, and do charity and volunteer work all while playing college football. Oh yeah, I've got to figure out a way to pay for law school since I don't have time to have a job. Yet, somehow I still find time to deal with the likes of you expecting me to feel sympathetic for Johnny Public. :thumb: This is America, if someone wants a good life all they have to do is work for it. Just like if a school wants a good football program all they have to do is work for it. Hmm, sensing a trend here? The good football programs in this state are the programs that have worked for it (MBA, BA, CPA, Alcoa, Riverdale, Milan, etc.), and the people with money are the people who have worked for it (whether or not attended private school and/or they choose to send their kids to private school).

"working hard for 'some' people" ? Give me a break. Here's an illustration, not to long ago I was at home hanging out with a group of my "private school friends." There were fourteen of us, and twelve were/are planning on entering Law or Medical school. Half of us are also college athletes. But, I'm sure we'll all end up spilling hot coffee on ourselves so we can sue someone and get our money that way, right?

I apologize since this post/rant has nothing to do with multipliers, splits, or "fair play," but it has become pretty clear to me that the real issue is not what constitutes fair play, it is socioeconomic jealousy and the desire of some people to have success without working for it! And by the way, I do not believe that theoretical line is drawn between public and private schools.

Edited by KublahKD

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are quite a character! Your thoughts about how people get their money are priceless. The funny thing is, 99% of the "Johnny Rurals" I know are pumping gas and drinking beer right now. Meanwhile, I'm trying to prepare for the LSAT ( you know, law school ), keep my GPA up at an "Ivy league caliber" college, and do charity and volunteer work all while playing college football. Oh yeah, I've got to figure out a way to pay for law school since I don't have time to have a job. Yet, somehow I still find time to deal with the likes of you expecting me to feel sympathetic for Johnny Public. :thumb: This is America, if someone wants a good life all they have to do is work for it. Just like if a school wants a good football program all they have to do is work for it. Hmm, sensing a trend here? The good football programs in this state are the programs that have worked for it (MBA, BA, CPA, Alcoa, Riverdale, Milan, etc.), and the people with money are the people who have worked for it (whether or not attended private school and/or they choose to send their kids to private school).

"working hard for 'some' people" ? Give me a break. Here's an illustration, not to long ago I was at home hanging out with a group of my "private school friends." There were fourteen of us, and twelve were/are planning on entering Law or Medical school. Half of us are also college athletes. But, I'm sure we'll all end up spilling hot coffee on ourselves so we can sue someone and get our money that way, right?

I apologize since this post/rant has nothing to do with multipliers, splits, or "fair play," but it has become pretty clear to me that the real issue is not what constitutes fair play, it is socioeconomic jealousy and the desire of some people to have success without working for it! And by the way, I do not believe that theoretical line is drawn between public and private schools.

{blinders} you still just don't get it, you just want to attack. LOL Have a great Christmas and if I ever get coffee split on me, I will be sure to tell the kid, like I did the last time, don't worry everybody has a day. And leave a tip anyway.

LOL

And yes this does have to do with 'fair play' -- you just dont get it. LOL

{blinders} you still just don't get it, you just want to attack. LOL Have a great Christmas and if I ever get coffee split on me, I will be sure to tell the kid, like I did the last time, don't worry everybody has a day. And leave a tip anyway.

LOL

And yes this does have to do with 'fair play' -- you just dont get it. LOL

You're right, I don't get it. I don't get how "Johnny Rural" is working harder than me and thus deserving of any advantages over me.

Maybe the TSSAA should make rules where private schools have to start spotting public schools points when they play each other! Or, public schools get a 18m head start in the 100m race! Is that fair play?

You're right, I don't get it. I don't get how "Johnny Rural" is working harder than me and thus deserving of any advantages over me.

Maybe the TSSAA should make rules where private schools have to start spotting public schools points when they play each other! Or, public schools get a 18m head start in the 100m race! Is that fair play?

You don't get it. They don't want spotted any points. They want to play only other public schools only.

What's the big deal of private schools playing other private schools and public playing public schools.

The only reason they are grouped together is for TSSAA is because of $$$.

Enough said and I am done on the subject.

:thumb:

You don't get it. They don't want spotted any points. They want to play only other public schools only.

What's the big deal of private schools playing other private schools and public playing public schools.

Please enlighten me how a team from the small rural county of trousdale have been able to compete with private schools for years and most of the time beating them. Do kids in that county not have to work? Is Trousdale a wealthy county? You seem to be playing the poor woe is me card. There are lots of kids that work, play sports, and keep up in school. You act like that`s a hardship or something.

LOL Boy, I wish money could be found in a briefcase! LOL And yes, rich people make money in all kinds of ways, yes your right by working their butts off. But if you want to get technical they make it other ways also, screwing the next guy over, stealing from the other guy, turning a blind eye to his fellow being, waiting for grandpa and grandma to knock off :thumb: , or better yet, when mom and dad take the plunge and YES working hard for some people.

So please, I was being a very level headed when I wrote my first entry so dont demean yourself by acting like a butt.

And a little hint even people who cann't make ends meet work their butts off also!

I still say the TSSAA should look at placing the private and public in different divisions.

Johnny in rural boonies USA gets out of school at 2:3pm--practice until 5:3pm run home get a shower,grab something to eat--head to work and work 6 pm to 11 pm or 12 am. Get back up at 5 am and start the day over. Plus works weekends.

Private Privy ? Mom or Dad Got a buck? I have known people give their kids debt cards and put a weekly allowance in it!! Now Tell me this isnt true! Plus they get their cars and insurance, clothes, mad money!! (And I am not stupid and realize that not ALL parents are this way with their kids)

I don't be grudge them! This is what THEIR PARENT's work hard for to give their kids the best they can afford.

But Please dont play ignorant and say that the field is equal. The schools should be divided. ;)

Wow! I really doubt you understand some of the sacrifices many privates school parents and students go through just to attend a private. Speaking directly from my situation ... both of my parents worked full time, hard jobs including manufacturing facilities just so me and my siblings could attend a private. I was NOT given a car, debit card, or any cash just because I was a private school kid. I worked a job, played sports year round and earned a full ride to play a sport in college. I worked my tail off and was accepted to dental school. NOTHING that I have in life was given to me. I worked hard and earned everything that I have. My family was and is not wealthy ... well, we are ... but not in the way you see it from your rose-colored "small publics deserve it" glasses. ;)

Ladies & Gentlemen,

Rich kids, poor kids, redneck kids, blue collar kids, white kids, black kids, asian kids, etc... the facts are they are all kids and money has nothing to do with success on the athletic field or in the classroom. Most kids will do what their parents expect them and allow them to do. If your parents expect you to make great grades and score high on the ACT or SAT the kids will do their best to please their parents most of the time.

The only difference that I can see between rual public school kids and private school kids are some of the life experiences. Rual kids often understand the values of hunting & fishing because that is their enviroment. City kids understand some of the social graces & visiting museums because that is their enviroment. Many times the city kids go off to college and start hunting & fishing with their new friends from rual towns. How many times have the rual girls gone to college and taken an interest in art because of the many museums around the university?

The main people that want a total split are the people that really don't want anything to be fair but want a major advantage for their school. If they wanted to be fair they would push for the MERIT SYSTEM but that's not going to happen.

Edited by cbg

What amazes me here is the change in thought over a generation. In the '50's, when MBA actively recruited, the football powers in Nashville lived to play MBA, thinking that rising to a challenge was a worthy goal. This idea continued into the '60's, despite a three year run where the only blot on MBA's record was a tie (with, gasp, the horror, Franklin, a public school). Into the '70's, public schools clamored to get on MBA's schedule. Nick Coutras at Overton, one of the classiest men ever to grace Nashville sidelines, lived for his district games against MBA and Ryan. So what happened?

Why is it a big deal? For MBA to find decent competition (most years) they now have to look out of state to public schools to play, because there are only 7 other schools in their division. This creates nasty travel costs.

Further, I'm sure that somewhere, I picked up the idea that high school sports was supposed to be about more than winning. I was under the impression that there was some value to healthy competition with one's peers, and interaction with people from different backgrounds. Sports are one of the few areas where that can happen.

The proponents of a complete split will win eventually. But the kids won't be better off for it.

looks like MBA didnt have much trouble finding good competition this yr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date Opponent Details Result

Fri Aug. 18 at Paul Dunbar (KY) W 24-7

Sat Aug. 26 at Trinity (KY) W 23-21

Fri Sep. 1 at MUS R L 7-10

Fri Sep. 8 CPA W 28-21

Fri Sep. 15 at Christian Brothers R L 6-31

Thu Sep. 21 Pope John Paul II L 10-17

Fri Sep. 29 Father Ryan R W 7-0

Fri Oct. 6 at Brentwood Academy L 7-42

Fri Oct. 20 at McCallie R L 21-34

Fri Oct. 27 Baylor R L 0-32

» Analyze this schedule Overall Record: 4-6

plus have you heard C Flatt said there should be a complete split! interesting!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

looks like MBA didnt have much trouble finding good competition this yr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep. 8 CPA W 28-21

plus have you heard C Flatt said there should be a complete split! interesting!!!!!!!

A handful of quick points:

1. True, no problem finding competition this year. It was finding a way to keep players healthy that seemed to elude them.

2. The win over Trinity shows the potential this team had. And as a product of the '70's, the win over Ryan makes the season tolerable. Not good, but no need to look for a bridge...

3. There are a number of "G'villes" in the state. If I might bne personal, could I ask which one you hail from? I ask becuase I grew up in Goodlettsville, and I wonder if we might know each other.

Fri Sep. 8 CPA W 28-21

Didn't have much trouble? Pull out your road maps and count the number of miles traveled.

Ladies & Gentlemen,

Rich kids, poor kids, redneck kids, blue collar kids, white kids, black kids, asian kids, etc... the facts are they are all kids and money has nothing to do with success on the athletic field or in the classroom.

Wow, it has everything to do about money. The privates pump a lot of cash into educational scholarships. Then they see this great kid or a few kids across 9 different counties, and say hey come here and you will get a great education. Knowing all along they want them for their football talent. With the thousands of dollars they raised through their parking lots, the talent just rolls in. Wake up people, we may be from poor rural communities, but we are not idiots. Like I said in an earlier post it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out how the privates cut the corners and find loop holes to make what they do ok. Just dont preach Godliness and do it.