Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, congratulations for being nominated, but he'll have to wait another year. The best team in the state is in Union City, but this year's best player is Skogen at TN Temple. Union City is not a one-man show, however - Temple is. No one in Class A can play with this group.

Skogan may win,but that in no way makes him a better player than MJ...I doubt he is better than the kid from Culleoka either....He plays against weak competition and he puts up huge numbers against them..He is a real good football player,that's why he got a football scholarship to Furman....

Im going to the boro no matter who's playing...I said during the regular season when I got to see Dyer Co. play with Justin Blake that they will make it to Murfreesboro...What about a Dyer Co./Liberty final??? possible?

Me too GC...I've been going the past few years...But,I gotta tall ya it's much more fun watching a team you support in it....

Edited by backinthaoc

all he could do was foul him. He would get mad and talk to springer. Ej just got killed guarding springer.

Wade was on him pretty good,you got to admit that.....At least Springer wasn't just shooting uncontested threes,like he was when Epperson was "guarding" him....Springer was frustrated too,I saw him swatting away Wade's arms when he was trying to get loose from him....

Dyer County isnt in the same league with union city. Union City would beat Dyer County by 15 to 20 points. And Mj is better than blake. Blake isn't better than Channin Geanes. He doesnt move without the ball that well. If he is open he can score but he is not all that.

I put money on it Blake goes to a bigger and better D-1 college than ANY of the people you have mentioned in the above post and contributes more...I have seen all players you have mentioned play...and Blake IS the best player..not by much be he is the best player and thats from a neutral standpoint...I have nothing to do with any of these schools...Yes you can say Channin is better because your from Lake Co. and you may have seen MJ and Channin play more than Blake as you play with UC more than DC....Union City isn't in another league as Dyer Co!!! DC has about the same speed and IMO DC plays a more hard nosed defense...YES Union City has a GREAT press but after the halfcort line is crossed DC has the better defense...however we'll have to wait another year or few years until we could see this game....It would have been an excellent game this year as I expect Union City AND Dyer Co. to go to the boro

#1 Union City outlasted #3 Lake County tonite in front of a very hot and very packed in crowd in Dresden 89-85....Union City led the majority of the game and got Lake County in deep foul trouble,or Whitby did.....Lake County had three players foul out and Kevin Copland was not at the game...Someone on the Lake County bench said he was sick...Union City looked about to blow the game wide open early in the third quarter when Tony Mosely got a lay-up to push the lead to 72-57..Lake County then in the fourth quarter went ahead 76-74 before Union City's Cedric Allen took over..Allen scored 11 of his team's final 15 points on three of three from long range and two free throws..Union City missed lay-up after lay-up in a stretch late in the third quarter until Allen started bombing from beyond the arc....Union City only scored 16 points in the third quarter after putting up 52 in the first half.....Union City subbed five at a time,the first with a little over 4 minutes gone in the first quarter..Union City used 11 players in all...Union City actually built their big lead with a run after the five "subs" came into the game..Nik Brooks hit some big shots in the first half..I think he ended up hitting three threes.....Union City was called for a whole bunch of walking violations and I don't think the refs have called a charge yet....Sep Valentine kept the Falcons within striking distance in the first half..Without him,the Falcons would have easily been down 20+ in the first half...Channen Geanes was a monster in the second half,basically playing alone inside after Johnson and Springer fouled out...You have to give a big shoutout to the reserves that had to play in the third and fourth quarter..The Falcons never gave up and they showed why tonite why in my opinion they are the #2 team in the state.....

#1 Union City outlasted #3 Lake County tonite in front of a very hot and very packed in crowd in Dresden 89-85....Union City led the majority of the game and got Lake County in deep foul trouble,or Whitby did.....Lake County had three players foul out and Kevin Copland was not at the game...Someone on the Lake County bench said he was sick...Union City looked about to blow the game wide open early in the third quarter when Tony Mosely got a lay-up to push the lead to 72-57..Lake County then in the fourth quarter went ahead 76-74 before Union City's Cedric Allen took over..Allen scored 11 of his team's final 15 points on three of three from long range and two free throws..Union City missed lay-up after lay-up in a stretch late in the third quarter until Allen started bombing from beyond the arc....Union City only scored 16 points in the third quarter after putting up 52 in the first half.....Union City subbed five at a time,the first with a little over 4 minutes gone in the first quarter..Union City used 11 players in all...Union City actually built their big lead with a run after the five "subs" came into the game..Nik Brooks hit some big shots in the first half..I think he ended up hitting three threes.....Union City was called for a whole bunch of walking violations and I don't think the refs have called a charge yet....Sep Valentine kept the Falcons within striking distance in the first half..Without him,the Falcons would have easily been down 20+ in the first half...Channen Geanes was a monster in the second half,basically playing alone inside after Johnson and Springer fouled out...You have to give a big shoutout to the reserves that had to play in the third and fourth quarter..The Falcons never gave up and they showed why tonite why in my opinion they are the #2 team in the state.....

Aoc..U.C. had everything going their way..#2 takes a step about each time he shoots..And Lake Co got called for several touch fouls as well..And as far as charging..what about the play where the ball slipped out of the U.C. players hand and he ran over Springer I believe..At least call something..One way or the other..And Springer made a shot at halfcourt and was fouled..That could have eventually been called the other way and the shot counted and could have been a difference in the game..But..U.C. had everything going their way..fresh legs..Lake Co in foul trouble at the half..3 Lake Co playes foul out..Another didn't even make the trip..You'd think U.C. would have won in a cake walk..But..I really believe Lake Co is in the best physical shape of any team in the State to play as hard and as long as they do..Lake Co just needs a couple more players for depth!Congrats to U.C..I feel good about Lake Co even in defeat..They didn''t win..but could have won both games ..Cedric Allen came up big at the end..Hit 3 long shots with the pressure on!

Edited by mrbigster

Oc, I think you said it well, LC missed Copelin tonight, out sick with the flu, and Sep kept them in it early. The Falcons had their chances but UC made the big shots when they needed it. Hopefully we will get to see the rematch. If LC will take care of business and UC does the same the next one will mean a home sub-state game. One game at a time guys, work hard and give the fans what they want a UC/LC rematch!!

I have Union City as the #1 team in the State and if we play like we've played against U.C and not to the level of the competetion..I feel like we're up there also..I'm sure Temple and Culleoka etc are excellent teams as well..so we have to play hard the whole game..And not slip up before then!We may not get out of the region..Unlike U.C. with a lot of depth..a couple key players foul out for Lake Co could make it tough..We'll have to play hard but at the same time play smart!

I have Union City as the #1 team in the State and if we play like we've played against U.C and not to the level of the competetion..I feel like we're up there also..I'm sure Temple and Culleoka etc are excellent teams as well..so we have to play hard the whole game..And not slip up before then!We may not get out of the region..Unlike U.C. with a lot of depth..a couple key players foul out for Lake Co could make it tough..We'll have to play hard but at the same time play smart!

Lake Co will most definately be in the Region Finals....Who are they playing to get there???....Union City and Humboldt will battle it out to descide who will be the other team in the championship....Good teams find ways to win and Union City did that last night after Lake Co went on a 21 to 2 run to take the lead....Cedric Allen stepped up huge. I think he hit three 3s towards the end of the game....It was an awesome atmosphere just very hot.

Aoc..U.C. had everything going their way..#2 takes a step about each time he shoots..And Lake Co got called for several touch fouls as well..And as far as charging..what about the play where the ball slipped out of the U.C. players hand and he ran over Springer I believe..At least call something..One way or the other..And Springer made a shot at halfcourt and was fouled..That could have eventually been called the other way and the shot counted and could have been a difference in the game..But..U.C. had everything going their way..fresh legs..Lake Co in foul trouble at the half..3 Lake Co playes foul out..Another didn't even make the trip..You'd think U.C. would have won in a cake walk..But..I really believe Lake Co is in the best physical shape of any team in the State to play as hard and as long as they do..Lake Co just needs a couple more players for depth!Congrats to U.C..I feel good about Lake Co even in defeat..They didn''t win..but could have won both games ..Cedric Allen came up big at the end..Hit 3 long shots with the pressure on!

YOU SAID IT!!! I AGREE!!! Dont think it will be the same next time!

sbl