Gordonsville 2007

croz6110

I think you probably have as good a team as you have had in a while. You guys have been talented before. You really don't think the D. Ray, T. Claiborne team was less talented do you? Heck, even your son is one heck of a ball player. I don't see you being better, no. I see Smith County getting it done once again. Kinda like 7-up "always have , always will." Depth and adjustment are two strengths G-ville just can't seem to over come. You definately have some talented kids. That is good. I am glad for one. I am a Tiger supporter for every other game. I have great respect for the two men in charge. And yes, when I do come over I sit on the home side. Can't one friday night a year, though. Go Owls.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8/31 @ Gordonsville.

Come early its going to be a crowd. Parking will really be bad. Car pool as much as possible. I would say there will be a lot of folks standing several deep.

I have never heard it said so much. I hope GV stomps the Owls. If you wear a GV hat you will hear it anywhere you go.

What have the Owls done to all these folks? <_<

They did great. Defence is really tough. Didnt get scored on but once by 3 teams. Played York, upperman and Macon co. Offence did well also but could use some work to smooth things down some. Should be a good year for them.

Thanks MO$$$$, looks like my weekly gas allowance may have to be increased so I can make it up to Smith Co. twice a week for this football season.

I think you probably have as good a team as you have had in a while. You guys have been talented before. You really don't think the D. Ray, T. Claiborne team was less talented do you? Heck, even your son is one heck of a ball player. I don't see you being better, no. I see Smith County getting it done once again. Kinda like 7-up "always have , always will." Depth and adjustment are two strengths G-ville just can't seem to over come. You definately have some talented kids. That is good. I am glad for one. I am a Tiger supporter for every other game. I have great respect for the two men in charge. And yes, when I do come over I sit on the home side. Can't one friday night a year, though. Go Owls.

D Ray was a great player no doubt. But compare him to Smith? Not even close. Have you seen Smith play? Have you seen Davis play this year? Thanks for the compliment for my sons abilities he will thank you. Hope he stays healthy this year. Your opinion is higher than most SC fans this year.

Come early its going to be a crowd. Parking will really be bad. Car pool as much as possible. I would say there will be a lot of folks standing several deep.

I have never heard it said so much. I hope GV stomps the Owls. If you wear a GV hat you will hear it anywhere you go.

What have the Owls done to all these folks? :blink:

3 words INDOOR PRACTICE FACILITY....... it's the most uttered phrase on coacht. Just be glad you guys only built bleachers or they'd hate you to. <_< .....and we're not even region champs! The team from Northern Sumner Co. must really be hated.

Surely its not because the owls love to trash talk about everything they do. It couldnt be because everytime the owls get beat they say its because they just had a bad game, the worst they have ever played. It couldnt be because they get all the county dollars for their big 2A team that resides in Carthage and the poor country folks of the small community of Gordonsville gets the owls hand me down money. Surely people dont hate the owls for none of these reasons. Its got to be because everyone is jealous of them. Yeah, Westmoreland is jealous of them because they always beat them. Wait a minute Westmoreland has won 4 region titles in 4-2A, Smith Co. has 2. The series record has Westmoreland with 1 more win than the Owls. Guess we'll have to think of another reason people hate the Owls so much, but it couldnt be for the other reason's I mentioned.

If anyone has trouble parking, they can park at my house for a small fee. :blink:

Tigers, the owls are already trying to get in your head. As you can tell their best play this year is going to be a Jedi mind trick called "we'll make um feel like the pressure is on them to win". In reality the pressure is on the big 2A team that just built an indoor practice facility to not get beat by their in county 1A rival. This would be totally embarrassing. I think they are the ones who want to win so bad they can taste it but think they have no shot.

Dude, your rambling the past month on this board is killing me. Why are you so worried about Smith County? If it's not hoping the Tigers win in game 2, or talking about your region championship from last season, or talking about how bad Alcoa beat the owls in the playoffs, or talking about this coach or that coach and how you would spend the money this way or that way, or running off at the mouth about the indoor practice facility, or how you weighed this much in high school and was that good, and last but not least, living in the early 90's, a time when Westmoreland did show somewhat of a spark of a football program.

The facts, as far as I am concerned are as follows. The pressure is on SC to win in the Gordansville game and it always will be. Anyone who doesn't understand that and why needs to back up and punt. Westmoreland had a good football team last year, but would they have played Alcoa any better? It was what it was! Satterfield is a good coach, any school would be lucky to have him. So what is your point? It's an indoor practice facility, big deal. We all know how good you and your teams were in the early 90's. If anyone is in doubt, we will just tell them to ask you.

All your mumbo jumbo was great for a while. It gave people some reasons to beg to differ, but it's old by now.

Beat them. :blink:

Tigers, the owls are already trying to get in your head. As you can tell their best play this year is going to be a Jedi mind trick called "we'll make um feel like the pressure is on them to win". In reality the pressure is on the big 2A team that just built an indoor practice facility to not get beat by their in county 1A rival. This would be totally embarrassing. I think they are the ones who want to win so bad they can taste it but think they have no shot.

Dude, your rambling the past month on this board is killing me. Why are you so worried about Smith County? If it's not hoping the Tigers win in game 2, or talking about your region championship from last season, or talking about how bad Alcoa beat the owls in the playoffs, or talking about this coach or that coach and how you would spend the money this way or that way, or running off at the mouth about the indoor practice facility, or how you weighed this much in high school and was that good, and last but not least, living in the early 90's, a time when Westmoreland did show somewhat of a spark of a football program.

The facts, as far as I am concerned are as follows. The pressure is on SC to win in the Gordansville game and it always will be. Anyone who doesn't understand that and why needs to back up and punt. Westmoreland had a good football team last year, but would they have played Alcoa any better? It was what it was! Satterfield is a good coach, any school would be lucky to have him. So what is your point? It's an indoor practice facility, big deal. We all know how good you and your teams were in the early 90's. If anyone is in doubt, we will just tell them to ask you.

All your mumbo jumbo was great for a while. It gave people some reasons to beg to differ, but it's old by now.

Everything posted on here is pretty much "mumbo jumbo". What's the difference? I still enjoy reading it. If you don't then just skip to the next post, its not like he's yelling in your ear.