5A Champions?

lastone2know

yea I luaghed to when the ring guy said "you wouldn't believe what some idiots in the past have payed for the same ring, but hey it helps their ego"

the plastic rings go to all teams that made the quarterfinals in 06 sort of a participation type thing what size will you be needing :ph34r:

OK, so what are we talking about here? Is it $140 for a plastic ring that won't last a year or is it for a ring? Do they need money or don't they? I know nothing about this school but someone just post what they need.

The 3rd string tackle should have a ring just like the star of the team.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its amazing how 82cat is so bold to start taking shots at riverdale now :lol::ph34r:

but on a more serious note, now that shadowens is the "Tennessee Titans High School Football Coach of the Year" and has recieved a $2000 check from Titans owner Bud Adams, does Shadowens still have smyrna players posing as Salvation Army santas ringing bells outside of Krogers? you think those purple and yellow kettles were fooling anybody? :lol::P

http://dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/...NEWS03/61216006

What goes around, comes around. You should know that better than most TD

Oakland[/url]Grad' post='826306415' date='Dec 16 2006 - 07:50 PM']

What goes around, comes around. You should know that better than most TD

i think the circumstances of the series proves that riverdale has more credibility to talk than smyrna does...2 points is all that says smyrna can talk about riverdale

I don't know what other schools do. All I know about is how much the one my son got for the 2004 state championship cost me.

The 'Tribe' helps the individual players with the rings made of "Lustrium' or whatever the BS Josten sells. It is on a sliding scale for the lustrium. Seniors get theirs 100% paid for, Juniors 75%, Sophmores 50% and anyone else on the team pays for their own. IE the Freshmen that got moved up to Varsity after the Freshman season ended. If you want to buy one of the rings in real 10k or better you have to pay the difference between the Lustrium and what the real deal costs.

Example for one Junior got about $125 or there about paid for. My son went for the 10k gold one so the Booster club kicked in about $125 and Dad paid the other $350.

Thing is he also got his 'Senior' ring that year and that was about a $500 hit also.

Can we all say Dad got hit hard for rings that year! :ph34r: Told the 'clone' I bought him more rings in one year than I did for the two ex wives! More expensive too!

Well maybe since the coach got his Titans coach of the year check he will put that $ towards some of the $ needed for the rings since he wants everyone else to pay for them. I came from another state where if you wanted the ring your family bought it, never heard of begging from a community to pay for them. Glad they dont win too often or the community might get tired of backing them.

Well maybe since the coach got his Titans coach of the year check he will put that $ towards some of the $ needed for the rings since he wants everyone else to pay for them. I came from another state where if you wanted the ring your family bought it, never heard of begging from a community to pay for them. Glad they dont win too often or the community might get tired of backing them.

Why would they not ask for money to help cut down the cost of the rings. Would it not be terrible to see a kid unable to pay for a ring. I would not consider it begging for money, but simply asking the community for donations to ease the burden. If you don't want to donate, that is absolutely your choice, but if you want to help these kids who worked so hard to earn them then do it. I'm not sure where the money of Coach Shads check will go, but I can assure you Coach Shadowens has given alot over the years to Smyrna High School. If you only knew of some of the sacrafices he has made. I think the community would love the burden of backing champions year after year, but I also know the community will back Smyrna no matter what.

Why would they not ask for money to help cut down the cost of the rings. Would it not be terrible to see a kid unable to pay for a ring. I would not consider it begging for money, but simply asking the community for donations to ease the burden. If you don't want to donate, that is absolutely your choice, but if you want to help these kids who worked so hard to earn them then do it. I'm not sure where the money of Coach Shads check will go, but I can assure you Coach Shadowens has given alot over the years to Smyrna High School. If you only knew of some of the sacrafices he has made. I think the community would love the burden of backing champions year after year, but I also know the community will back Smyrna no matter what.

Does the TSSAA not kick in any money? What about all the money made from the playoffs and Championship Games (Concessions,etc.), who gets all of that money?

and a state championship. I think the win gave us the momentum on that historic run.

if thats the case, smyrna should definately keep their mouths shut since riverdale does theirs times 4. but i was talking head to head, unless smyrna had won this state title over riverdale it should not be brought into the mention of the rivalry and series between the 2 (i didnt mention the 4 riverdale had won all i mentioned was the track record we have with smyrna). if you wish to think 2 points (thanks to one play made by a guy whose gone next year) gave you guys the momentum in the series, more power to you, lets see you guys beat riverdale 17 straight.

sorry if i sound a little sour, really not much i can say when smyrna won the latest battle, but when you look at the big picture, i feel like that does enough to warrant it (speaking on the series). actually you guys would be suprised, i was happy to see smyrna be able to win after being held down and blown out by the warriors all these years, if a loss could ever bring more credibility to ones program, the 2006 quarterfinals matchup did for riverdale. it shows the tough feat riverdale accomplished year after year, holding down a team that was probably capible of winning the state title many times, had riverdale not been their juggernaut.

really im in basketball mode (as the rest of the state is now also), so this arguement is really meaningless for me at this time, but the week 9 matchup sure will be interesting next year. you know who im picking though ;)

if thats the case, smyrna should definately keep their mouths shut since riverdale does theirs times 4. but i was talking head to head, unless smyrna had won this state title over riverdale it should not be brought into the mention of the rivalry and series between the 2 (i didnt mention the 4 riverdale had won all i mentioned was the track record we have with smyrna). if you wish to think 2 points (thanks to one play made by a guy whose gone next year) gave you guys the momentum in the series, more power to you, lets see you guys beat riverdale 17 straight.

sorry if i sound a little sour, really not much i can say when smyrna won the latest battle, but when you look at the big picture, i feel like that does enough to warrant it (speaking on the series). actually you guys would be suprised, i was happy to see smyrna be able to win after being held down and blown out by the warriors all these years, if a loss could ever bring more credibility to ones program, the 2006 quarterfinals matchup did for riverdale. it shows the tough feat riverdale accomplished year after year, holding down a team that was probably capible of winning the state title many times, had riverdale not been their juggernaut.

really im in basketball mode (as the rest of the state is now also), so this arguement is really meaningless for me at this time, but the week 9 matchup sure will be interesting next year. you know who im picking though ;)

You need to learn to win, and lose, with class. There is nothing to be said other than Riverdale got beat by a team that wanted it more. It takes more than talking trash on the internet.

Sorry to be harsh but you've said enough already.