Milan vs Obion

sls

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Jan 17 2007 - 04:44 PM) 826335354[/snapback]

I agree with you sls. I dont know what or when they teach those Obion girls but they are the most physical players around. Roney is the most physical of the most physical and she will do whatever she has to to carry her team to a win. Chantel has more talent but Roney is a better leader on the floor right now. Until Chantel takes charge every night that she steps on the floor then Milan will never be the team they are capable of being.

Milan should be the team to beat this year.

I am impressed how the Lady Rebels dive after a loose ball. They have also know how to dribble on their knees for that has happened a lot. There are a lot of little things that OC does that helps to win games.

Go OC Lady Rebels I pick OC over Milan by 11.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sls @ Jan 17 2007 - 04:20 PM) 826335330[/snapback]

I agree FP, Milan has just been putting forth enough effort to win. That kind of play will haunt you in the end, as someone will hit a last second shot and it is over.

Westview had a chance and missed a free throw. Dyersburg had a turnover.

The difference in OC is when you allow them to have a hot streak, they have enough fire power and killer instinct to go on and put things out of reach. LEX, Dyersburg & Westview do not have that kind of fire power.

Can Milan beat OC, sure. Will they have to play better than what they have been , sure will.

As I have said before OC's team has a basketball player leading them. She does what ever it takes to win. Milan has no true basketball leader. They have a player, who is the best athlete in this part of the country. Although capable, she has not developed the hard nosed, play to win attitude the whole game. She can score, rebound and usually does that every night, but needs to learn how to win, by doing addional things beside scoring.

Good points and I agree with your assessment of Roney and Poston. There is more than one player in Milan , however, and Gray and Carter , in particular, have been stepping up lately. I think if Milan plays the proper defense on Obion, like they did briefly the first meeting, then Milan pulls it off. I think Coach Volbert pulls out all stops this time. I do very much admire Obion Central and their tenacity but I think Milan rises to the occasion Fri night. This is arguably the biggest game for the Milan program in several years.

QUOTE(sls @ Jan 17 2007 - 01:11 AM) 826334557[/snapback]

The winner of Friday nites game will probably win 13AA regular season and get that valuable bye in the district and an automatic region birth.

Should OC win , that would give OC the tie breaker with 2 wins over Milan, should a tie happen. OC still has Westview and Dyersburg.

Should Milan win, Milan still has Westview @ Milan.

Playing at home, advantage OC, especially with OC starting the game @ 6pm, not allowing Milan fans to get there by the start of the game, for the most part. Part of the home court advantage, I guess.

OC must have played well to get GC by 25 plus. Milan is playing like they are pulling a plow. Too many mental and silly mistakes. Focused one minute, gone the next.

First time I have ever heard the game time mentioned as a game factor....

Alot of teams are starting their games at 6 now.....

Probably the 3rd biggest game in several years. Year b4 last vs Chester County for a substate birth and last year vs NSide for a semifinal region birth.

Remember this is only regular season, not survive and advance!!

Gray is doing some great things, but sometimes she is a little selfish & a showboat or gets lazy and it usually costs Milan. When focused and thinking, she is one of the best. Just like Poston, a little more maturing to do. Carter, the most mature player on the team. Changed positions this year from a 4 to a 3. It has taken her a while to adjust. Probably has played her best this year the last 5 games, getting better all the time. Understands the game, good kid, fun to be around.

Obion will have some matchup problems with Milan (but who doesn't, haha)......sls is right Carter is a great kid and frankly saved their rear ends against Dyersburg by making 2 huge threes in the 4th quarter. Gray is the wildcard in my opinion, she is good and can dominate games when she wants to..........I look forward to having both Gray and Poston this summer.......will be alot of fun.

I think Obion is just too much for Milan to handle right now.....this game will be close and down to the wire, but OC pulls it out at home.........

I agree this game will be close, but I think in the end, OC continues to win on their homecourt. This is a big ballgame, and I expect to see both teams bring the best they have. OC is deep, can play 9 or so, while I do not think Milan goes that deep into the bench. With the three way tie at the top of the district race, this one is HUGE. Look for a large crowd, and the ever present "Rebel Train" to make alot of noise. I will say OC by 8.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest NoPainNoGain

QUOTE(VOREBS @ Jan 18 2007 - 05:05 AM) 826335940[/snapback]

I agree this game will be close, but I think in the end, OC continues to win on their homecourt. This is a big ballgame, and I expect to see both teams bring the best they have. OC is deep, can play 9 or so, while I do not think Milan goes that deep into the bench. With the three way tie at the top of the district race, this one is HUGE. Look for a large crowd, and the ever present "Rebel Train" to make alot of noise. I will say OC by 8.

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am expecting a Milan win, but it can go either way. Poston has been erratic at times lately, but expect her best effort Friday night. If she can stay on the floor, OC will have trouble slowing her down. I think it will come down to 3's. If Milan cannot stop OC from outside and they rain 3's, OC wins. If Milan can make 3-5 3's and hold OC to 5 or less, Milan wins as Milan will win the inside game. Should be a great game, and yes, the 6:00pm start time is another home court advantage being utilized. That is okay, history has seen many tatics in gaining advantages in sports.

Chantel needs to touch the ball every time down the court. When she does great things will happen for Mialn, right Not-so-HeavyD?

I am going to try to make the long journey from the Upper Cumberland. Ought to be worth the drive......

Hey redbirdfan, can you take me to the hospitality room if I make it to the game?