• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
The General

First Swimming Board Topic

QUOTE(The General @ Jan 23 2007 - 10:40 PM) 826343074[/snapback]

Just how many swimming teams are in the state? I have never heard of one.

High Schools, there are a lot. I think the KISL meet in Knoxville, which is the regional meet for Knox and surrounding counties, has upwards of 30 schools send swimmers to it. It is held at UT's indoor facility.

The State Meet, which will be in Nashville the weekend of Feb 23rd has 1000's of swimmers involved from across the state.

Notre Dame, McCallie/GPS, Baylor, and Hixson are just some of the local area Chattanooga schools that have swimming.

I think CCS even has a team now (I should know but of course I don't).

Siegel has one.

Oakland also has one and I think according to the paper they have a frosh (i think) who is training for the 08' Olympics. If so, she's phenomonal. It's great to see someone local training for the Olympics. All the best of luck to her.

if you go to www.tisca.net, i think you can access a list of all of the teams in the state. i was at the KISL meet this past weekend and the turnout was crazy. it actually seemed down from last year, but it took until around 2:00 to finish all of the prelims. good luck to everyone swimming at the state meet.

There are around 30 teams in the mid-state region. Other regions (I believe) include Knoxville, West Tenn., East Tenn., and Chattanooga. Most schools have swim teams, they just don't get a whole lot of coverage.

And yes, Oakland has a freshman who is training for the Olympics. She is ranked nationally and in the upcoming State Championship she is seeded 2nd by 0:00.13 seconds (that's about half of an eyelash).