Greeneville VS Dobyns-Bennett

udave56

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(barb @ Feb 28 2007 - 03:55 PM) 826393574[/snapback]Look we give up...busted... Greeneville is the KING of recruiting...guilty...hide your tall children we are coming for them. Maybe we will offer you a room at the Andrew Johnson Motor Lodge and lunch at the Bean Barn. Maybe Billy D will wash your car. Heck why stop at North Carolina when Southwest Virginia is just as close? Maybe we can import a few from West Virginia as well. Why not pull out all the stops, borrow one of Niswongers jets and fly a couple in from Kentucky?

If we get busy now we can have another 2 or 3 D-I prospects before school starts next year.

If Billy D comes and mows my yard in the summer I will send my son his way in a few years. By the time he reaches high school he'll probably be 6' 4 or 6'5.

Maybe Greeneville should drop down to AA? District 2 AAA was awful outside of them, District 1 would have had an easy sweep in Round 1 of the Region without them.

It was a great game last night. Wiggins was as advertised, but 1 player can't beat a good team and he didn't last night.

I was sick to see some Science Hill fans cheering for Greeneville, that's just not right. Maybe they didn't want to play the Indians a 3rd time. They will.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

QUOTE(where @ Feb 28 2007 - 06:40 PM) 826393736[/snapback]If Billy D comes and mows my yard in the summer I will send my son his way in a few years. By the time he reaches high school he'll probably be 6' 4 or 6'5.

How much does he eat? /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

QUOTE(greenevillefan @ Feb 28 2007 - 10:36 AM) 826393001[/snapback]Also a school that has 2000 students enrolled should have more athletes to choose from. Just like Science Hill. If you line up DB or Science Hill's five starter next to Greeneville's five starters who would you pick? It is obvious that those two schools have more athletes to choose from.

awww, you still have the urge to talk but for what? implying you should play science hill instead of DB. I heard the TSSAA is creating a new rule that requires every school to drop a certain number of kids to where every school in the state has the same number of students. What will happen is students will drawn randomly, a letter from the TSSAA will be sent to them asking them to move to a different state so we can have equality

If Greeneville wants to p i s s and moan about enrollment they can drop down a level, that is why they have classifications, otherwise, take your beating and don't make excuses like the beginning of that coach's quote said.

If you are gonna preface a quote with "I'm not gonna make excuses" then DON'T MAKE THEM. "My "Dane Bradshaw" is out"; "It's too hot" (guess the DB kids were hot too?), "They have more kids than us" (even though we played six like them), "He got fouled" (actually, no, he stepped out), I don't care how many wins you have, he sure needs to learn how to take a loss.

And the kid defending Coty did play his guts out and held him to one point, but then in comes BIG bad coach, bringin someone else down, what a class act.

Can't believe he would whine about Wiggins gettin fouled when he was gettin every single possible call goin his way, great player, but he didn't need that much help.

Don't even get me started on that block/charge, didn't really think that was possible, but I underestimated the officials.

Time for The Hill, and hopefully one more home game.

QUOTE(-Catfish- @ Feb 28 2007 - 08:48 PM) 826393880[/snapback]If Greeneville wants to p i s s and moan about enrollment they can drop down a level, that is why they have classifications, otherwise, take your beating and don't make excuses like the beginning of that coach's quote said.

If you are gonna preface a quote with "I'm not gonna make excuses" then DON'T MAKE THEM. "My "Dane Bradshaw" is out"; "It's too hot" (guess the DB kids were hot too?), "They have more kids than us" (even though we played six like them), "He got fouled" (actually, no, he stepped out), I don't care how many wins you have, he sure needs to learn how to take a loss.

And the kid defending Coty did play his guts out and held him to one point, but then in comes BIG bad coach, bringin someone else down, what a class act.

Can't believe he would whine about Wiggins gettin fouled when he was gettin every single possible call goin his way, great player, but he didn't need that much help.

Don't even get me started on that block/charge, didn't really think that was possible, but I underestimated the officials.

Time for The Hill, and hopefully one more home game.

When/where did Duncan mention the issue with being hot? Was it on radio or print media? I've read the Tri-Cities Sports website, but haven't seen the JC Press or KPT Times.

Also, I would think that Duncan would have to take some responsibility for not having another player or 2 that could spell some of the players. Wiggins isn't replaceable, but as someone mentioned(referring to DB), you should have at least a couple of guys who can come in and protect the ball and relieve a starter for a couple of minutes. Bailey did a good job stepping in for Ottinger, but another player would have helped.

It also seemed that DB got too many good looks off of Greeneville's 1-3-1 zone in the last 4 or 5 minutes of the game. The Indians missed a few "chippies", but the open looks happened time after time.

QUOTE(maroonandgrey @ Feb 28 2007 - 12:59 PM) 826393270[/snapback]you know what Monica I could care less what you think on here....why are you on here anyway? didn't your team get put out like game 3 of the season? I guess nothing to do there until leave burning season starts huh? na na na goo goo? how old are you anyway?

I'm on here the same reason you go onto different threads that don't concern D-B, because I can. Kinda like a D-B fan living in Colonial Heights, because they can.

From the outside looking in...this was all and all a great game. Both teams played the hand that they were dealt and put it all on the line last night. Greeneville made a great run at it but simply ran out of time. Greeneville possessed a true sharp shooter in Wiggins but all of the smokin guns of the DB Indians was simply to much for he and his troops to overcome...this time. If the game was played over tomorrow it might be a different ending...but as it stands today, it is what it is and that is DB lives to play again this year and Greeneville will simply have to have a go at it next year. All of this misguided emotion and display of excuses and finger pointing from we adults does nothing but ruin the moment for the ones that this is really all about...and that is all of the players that compete on both sides. As dark as the day seems today...the sun will rise again for Greeneville. So if it is all the same to you guys...why don't we make an unprecedented statement on coacht and close this thread out by congratulating the the Greeneville players for a superb season and get behind the DB players that will move on to help represent Region 1 AAA for us all. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />