Bradley Central vs Maryville

Excited about getting to see the Maryville vs Bradley game. I really think Maryville will have an edge. Oglesby will be hard to handle, but I think Maples will frustrate him some. My scouting reports tell me that neither of the Bradley big men are as talented as the Douglas kid from Maryville. And with the 6'8" Reynolds kid in, Maryville gets a slight nod in the inside game I believe.

And the "well" is so much deeper for Maryville after those three. Basille is so hard to defend with that fade-away of his (hopefully he'll keep his attitude in check). Jordan Damron is "one of the best kept secrets in the state" ... although the more he plays on the post-season stage, the less a secret he becomes. Wes Lambert is a gym rat who is capable of hitting a bunch of threes at any time and who plays tough, tough d. Jolly, Pickle, and Allen are strong, big post players who play at a level that allows Coach Eldredge to rest his other big men plenty. Click is a solid ball handling guard who can knock down the three. Hunt is a kid who hasn't played as much as I thought this year, but who has plenty of varsity experience and knows what it is like to "play on a big stage."

Basically, Coach E has the luxury of going 8 - 9 deep at any point in the game. That's huge and I believe it is a definite advantage in this particular game.

Maryville by 5.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GovMan @ Mar 13 2007 - 08:56 PM) 826410778[/snapback]Excited about getting to see the Maryville vs Bradley game. I really think Maryville will have an edge. Oglesby will be hard to handle, but I think Maples will frustrate him some. My scouting reports tell me that neither of the Bradley big men are as talented as the Douglas kid from Maryville. And with the 6'8" Reynolds kid in, Maryville gets a slight nod in the inside game I believe.

And the "well" is so much deeper for Maryville after those three. Basille is so hard to defend with that fade-away of his (hopefully he'll keep his attitude in check). Jordan Damron is "one of the best kept secrets in the state" ... although the more he plays on the post-season stage, the less a secret he becomes. Wes Lambert is a gym rat who is capable of hitting a bunch of threes at any time and who plays tough, tough d. Jolly, Pickle, and Allen are strong, big post players who play at a level that allows Coach Eldredge to rest his other big men plenty. Click is a solid ball handling guard who can knock down the three. Hunt is a kid who hasn't played as much as I thought this year, but who has plenty of varsity experience and knows what it is like to "play on a big stage."

Basically, Coach E has the luxury of going 8 - 9 deep at any point in the game. That's huge and I believe it is a definite advantage in this particular game.

Maryville by 5.

I've only seen them play once, but here's some advice on Bradley...Don't leave T.O. open from 3 point range because he will burn you. HOWEVER, if he's driving towards the paint doing the "360 degree dipsy doodle out of control move" don't foul him and bail him out. White county fouled him 4 times while he was driving to the hoop like that and he went 8 for 8 from the free throw line. When White county let him shoot while driving to the hoop he usually missed.

Something else.....if Dodd gets the ball in a good position where he's going to get the EASY layup.....FOUL HIM....I don't know his free throw percentage for the season, but in our game he was really clanking his free throws off the rim and missing them. Hack a Shaq. Just my opinion. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(GovMan @ Mar 13 2007 - 08:56 PM) 826410778[/snapback]Excited about getting to see the Maryville vs Bradley game. I really think Maryville will have an edge. Oglesby will be hard to handle, but I think Maples will frustrate him some. My scouting reports tell me that neither of the Bradley big men are as talented as the Douglas kid from Maryville. And with the 6'8" Reynolds kid in, Maryville gets a slight nod in the inside game I believe.

Maryville by 5.

eldridge is a legend and the best shooter in the gym is a coach go get em e.

QUOTE(williebgovs04 @ Mar 12 2007 - 06:40 AM) 826408645[/snapback]Should be just another stroll in the park for that unbelivable Bradley team. heck just play the second team and you should win. T.O, and the two bigs can play half-###### and beat these nobodies from Maryville.

Think that way and see what happenes Bradley you will be in for a game. If Basile gets hot and Aaron establishes himself early then it will be a bad trip for the Bears.

MHS 67

BCHS 63 Oglesby 47 points

ogelsby 47 points ,10 90 mph passes over 6 8 posts head,16 smirks at refs other players etc.and mom and dad coming onto court in murfressboro trying to bail him out.