1A title game

kartracer4

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(dustytaylor13 @ Mar 11 2007 - 02:44 PM) 826408147[/snapback]for the person that said they were taught not to shoot prayers and such thats bs... because they were standing in the corner... OS tried to guard them but was then shoved away by Hudson... which last time I checked was a foul... she didnt do it 1 or 2 times in a matter of 8 minutes of holding the ball she pushed of 9 times... with her non dribbiling hand to get "sepertaion" then went back to a stall... she also lowered a shoulder or 2 and decided to play football for a few mins... not doubting shes a great player but i can promise she wont get away with this in college... and she wont get 15 FT attempts per game... That was by far the worst game I have ever had the honor of watching... Gleason would never last playing around here with that kind of style because refs around here dont allow for special treatment for a team that stands around... they would be punished for not playing... and 5 second call wouldnt stop after a jab step to 1 side or another...

You want some cheese with that whine???? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> Man gives us a break OS got beat by a better team. Until they change the rules and have a shot clock learn how to play the game. Last time I checked there is a little contact in basketball?? /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

QUOTE(OS91 @ Mar 11 2007 - 05:01 PM) 826408224[/snapback]I'm just surprised Gleason decided to play Gimmick Basketball in the 4th quarter. Its surprising when a 1 loss team decides to play stall ball in the early 4th quarter with just a 2 point lead. That's the reason college and pro have shot clocks. I'm sure the fans, coaches, and media of all teams present were disappointed that Gleason decided to play basketball that resembles the 1940's rather than the 2007. Only vastly untalented teamsshould ever stall. Btw, my post above doesn't lack class. Its dead on. A mighty one loss team SHOULD NEVER stall. Possibly being in a close game with a comprable team was too much for Gleason's coach to handle.

Call it whatever you want. Obviously the strategy Coach Frazier and the team chose won the gold ball. Just exactly, what is your point. That you should always take 2nd best and not play your best strategy. In all my years of baseball and football my coach always had a plan (strategy) sometimes it worked and sometimes we came up short. Gleason had a plan, they executed their plan, and won the gold ball. Once again, people are throwing excuses out like stalling the ball. They didn't break any rules and they did nothing wrong. Instead of making excuses for OS losing, why not just admit the facts. Gleason played the game, executed their plan, and dominated the 07 State Tournament.

QUOTE(OS91 @ Mar 11 2007 - 05:01 PM) 826408224[/snapback]I'm just surprised Gleason decided to play Gimmick Basketball in the 4th quarter. Its surprising when a 1 loss team decides to play stall ball in the early 4th quarter with just a 2 point lead. That's the reason college and pro have shot clocks. I'm sure the fans, coaches, and media of all teams present were disappointed that Gleason decided to play basketball that resembles the 1940's rather than the 2007. Only vastly untalented teamsshould ever stall. Btw, my post above doesn't lack class. Its dead on. A mighty one loss team SHOULD NEVER stall. Possibly being in a close game with a comprable team was too much for Gleason's coach to handle.

Way to go!!! You tell em' /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Someone else from OS please tell this person to stop as this character is making a fool of himself. whine, whine, whine.

Again, you lost, its over, get over it.

Give credit to Gleason as the other gracious OS fans have. Hopefully both teams will meet again down the road as I am sure there will be bright futures for both squads. I am sure all fans would love to see a rematch. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(3153 @ Mar 11 2007 - 06:49 PM) 826408324[/snapback]Way to go!!! You tell em' /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Someone else from OS please tell this person to stop as this character is making a fool of himself. whine, whine, whine.

Again, you lost, its over, get over it.

Give credit to Gleason as the other gracious OS fans have. Hopefully both teams will meet again down the road as I am sure there will be bright futures for both squads. I am sure all fans would love to see a rematch. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Amen 3153 and Bulldawg-fan

The best team won, it's over for this year. Congratulations Gleason on your great year! Congratulations to Kayla Hudson and coach Frazier and the rest of the squad for your dedication and carrying out the plan that was needed to get the gold ball.

QUOTE(OS91 @ Mar 11 2007 - 04:01 PM) 826408224[/snapback]I'm just surprised Gleason decided to play Gimmick Basketball in the 4th quarter. Its surprising when a 1 loss team decides to play stall ball in the early 4th quarter with just a 2 point lead. That's the reason college and pro have shot clocks. I'm sure the fans, coaches, and media of all teams present were disappointed that Gleason decided to play basketball that resembles the 1940's rather than the 2007. Only vastly untalented teamsshould ever stall. Btw, my post above doesn't lack class. Its dead on. A mighty one loss team SHOULD NEVER stall. Possibly being in a close game with a comprable team was too much for Gleason's coach to handle.

There is nothing gimmick about it. Gleason had the ball offense and OS had to play defense. If you want to break it down to the basics Gleason played offense better than OS could play defense. You could also say Gleason`s coach outcoached OS`s. I had never seen either team play, but what Gleason did was mightily impressive. They played to their own basic strengths of being very fundamentally sound in the game. They shot over 90 % from the FT line for the tourney. That`s impressive at ANY level of ball...HS, College, or NBA. It`s no "gimmick" to be able to control the basketball. Again it takes keen court awareness along with accurate passing and good ball handling capabilities.

OS91...They have been doing it ALL YEAR...Nothing new in the tournament..No gimmicks....

They are not a physically imposing team,they don't dominate with their athletic ability.....They just play really well as a unit and they are coached to do something that wins them games...It's been said on these threads ALL YEAR LONG that if they have you in the fourth quarter of a game you are done.....36-1...You can't argue with the results...And I don't imagine the Gleason team,coaches or fans are too worried about what anyone else thinks about it..

I for one am very proud of OS. Not many people felt they would beat Clarkrange and they did. Then came from a double-digit deficit to beat TCA in the semis. I felt Kayla C. was probably a bit gassed in the title game or her jumpers wouldn't have kept coming up short. That won't happen to her in the NCAA Tournament in a few years (I hope she gets to that stage).

I personally didn't like watching Gleason's "stall ball", but that's what they did and they got the Gold Ball. The bad thing for OS was they just didn't turn the ball over and the lackof turnovers combined with the great free throw shooting was the difference.

And BTW, OS wasn't trying to foul in the fourth quarter. They were trying to play aggressive and create turnovers. They couldn't just sit back and let Gleason run down the clock with a 4-point lead. Plus, they weren't in foul trouble so they could afford to play aggressively. All they needed was one no call to turn into a steal and lay-up and then it's a one possession game. Most teams would have turned the ball over some in those instances, but Gleason didn't so congrats to them.

As far as the officiating, it was for the most part pretty good. I didn't like the intentional foul call at the end because Parton went for the ball, and knocked the ball out of her hands. It was a hard foul but she was going for the ball. It didn't make a difference in the outcome though.

QUOTE(goosevol @ Mar 11 2007 - 07:36 PM) 826408380[/snapback]I for one am very proud of OS. Not many people felt they would beat Clarkrange and they did. Then came from a double-digit deficit to beat TCA in the semis. I felt Kayla C. was probably a bit gassed in the title game or her jumpers wouldn't have kept coming up short. That won't happen to her in the NCAA Tournament in a few years (I hope she gets to that stage).

I personally didn't like watching Gleason's "stall ball", but that's what they did and they got the Gold Ball. The bad thing for OS was they just didn't turn the ball over and the lackof turnovers combined with the great free throw shooting was the difference.

And BTW, OS wasn't trying to foul in the fourth quarter. They were trying to play aggressive and create turnovers. They couldn't just sit back and let Gleason run down the clock with a 4-point lead. Plus, they weren't in foul trouble so they could afford to play aggressively. All they needed was one no call to turn into a steal and lay-up and then it's a one possession game. Most teams would have turned the ball over some in those instances, but Gleason didn't so congrats to them.

As far as the officiating, it was for the most part pretty good. I didn't like the intentional foul call at the end because Parton went for the ball, and knocked the ball out of her hands. It was a hard foul but she was going for the ball. It didn't make a difference in the outcome though.

You be in the shoes of Coach Frazier...IF you were going after a GOLD BALL and you had the lead you WOULD NOT be trying to score more and more points...run the clock and keep the lead...I guess that's the difference in east,middle, and west TN...coaches here teach to keep a lead and win the game... /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

It was a good game (which is more than I can say for the direction of this thread),

even though my team came away with the loss. Both teams had a good number of fans

in attendance, and it was a well played game by both teams. I think its fair to say, that in a game between these

two teams, both would have an equal chance of winning.

But, when it counted the most, Gleason won, and deserves

the gold ball, nothing else really matters.

I too, am proud of our girls (OS), no one gave them much of a chance

in the boro, but they showed they could play like champions and could

compete with champions!!

GCPioneer,

You need to report your English teacher to the school board, because

she's not doing you any justice. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(goosevol @ Mar 11 2007 - 06:36 PM) 826408380[/snapback]I for one am very proud of OS. Not many people felt they would beat Clarkrange and they did. Then came from a double-digit deficit to beat TCA in the semis. I felt Kayla C. was probably a bit gassed in the title game or her jumpers wouldn't have kept coming up short. That won't happen to her in the NCAA Tournament in a few years (I hope she gets to that stage).

You might want to tell coach Christopher that you all weren't trying to foul in the fourth quarter because she repeatedly said in the post game interviews that in the fourth quarter her team had to foul and hope Gleason missed a free throw so that her team could get the ball back. But then again I'm sure she wouldn't know....

It's amazing to see all these posts about Gleason playing 'stall ball', especially after seeing OS play the exact type of game against Clarkrange. They held the ball on most positions during the game and when Clarkrange held for a last shot at the end of one of the quarters the OS fans started chanting 'boring'. No one from Clarkrange has been complaining about OS holding the ball. It's smart basketball when used properly. OS did not want to get into a run and gun game with Clarkrange and it was good strategy on their part.

Congratulations to Gleason 'State Champions'.