Humboldt vs Temple

frankieD12

QUOTE(ucdiditagain @ Mar 17 2007 - 06:47 AM) 826415166[/snapback]Here I am, eat away. I am not affraid to take the heat. We lost fair and square to a VERY good Humboldt team and yes either Humboldt, Lake County or Union City could be there in the finals but the ball didn't bounce our way. Yea, we live in the past, present and future and next year Union City will once again be on top. Look folks, there is only ONE champion each year and everyone else, once they loose are in the loosers bracket ( at home ), so any of you fans who's teams aren't there playing for the Gold Ball today ( Saturday ) needs to close it up. I signed off just after Union city lost to Humboldt in the Region but reading th post about the west not as strong as the east brought me back.

See yea next year boys.......................................................................

Good luck Temple were pulling 4 u up here in east TN

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look i am not from either one of you guys area but why cant you praise a team??? why do you always have 2 cut down a team?? all of the teams that made it 2 the playoffs made it there 4 a reason bcause they were good /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> now congrats 2 the winning teams & best of luck 2 both in the championship game but get off of the fact that u have 2 cut 1 down to play the other up. that just does not have 2 be done & shld not be done /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> play it well on the floor : do the best u can & then when its over begin 2 prepare 4 the next yr. Good Luck & Enjoy the moment /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Okay Union City and Humbolt. Let me give you a little advice. This was a great year for our region and I think it is still the toughest in the state. Referring to all public schools. We don't recruit, we play with what God give us . I admire Christian schools, but I don't agree with them playing in this state tourny. There will be someone replying that they, the privates don't recruit. Get real. Back to Humboldt and UC. I remember when Trenton had the no. 1 team in the state and guranteed to get back, they were 26-0 and was upset by Greenfield who they handedly beat in previous games. They stayed home in March. The Peabody powerful girls team were suppose to win 3 Gold balls, but they only got a gold, silver and a gold ball in 3 years. That's a great feat. The fist year they won with sophmores and lost the next with practicly the same team. One of the girls had moved to Dyersburg, but they won the gold the following year. To make a long story short. Don't count your chickens until the eggs are hatched. UC stayed home and I still think they were the best team in A ball. Yes they and Humboldt will be good next year but it is not a gurantee that they will be in the Boro. Trenton boys will be very good. If they can be taught to play defense they will be very tough. Middleton may be good again. I'm from Trenton. Let's pack it up and play football. Humboldt and Trenton and Martin Westview might make it to the Boro if the Private schools have a bad recruiting year. Good luck Tempe, Liberty, Clarksville. Is Temple a private school? I hope not. I will give them credit for having a classy program. But win or lose, you beat the best A team in the tourny. Humboldt. Go Vikes, and Roll Tide This is my opinion-like a but hole everyone had one.

OK.....As I sit here in Mt Juliet pondering what in the world happened yesterday....I have to give one player on the Temple team props....Seth Skogan can shoot the ball....What happened in the games yesterday is what has happened to Humboldt in their losses....They were badly outcoached....Their guard play was spotlighted again...What beat them in the first half(second quarter especially was the the run-outs Temple was able to execute off of missed shots...That is what beat them in the end with the shot at the end.....There was no comparison athletically....Humboldt was the stronger,faster team....The second half was a glimpse as to what Temple would have faced against Union City...I got to see the 4 semi-finalists yesterday first-hand...I noticed in the program that the scoring record is 110...Union City would have surpassed that already....Enjoy your championship game...I'll be there again,but knowing that the two best teams are not playing....

As for Mr Basketball....As I posted way back when the nominees were announced,Skogan will probably win....He is a senior and was there last season..He is a deserving player....I thought Williams from Culleoka is a decent player...He has his weaknesses though...He is not the greatest ball-handler..He also did not try to get his teammates involved in the game against CSAS...He tried to do too much in the second half,where he should have tried to go inside more to the much taller Beach twins...With their height advantage they should have been able to dominate in the paint...As with all the teams I saw yesterday,none could handle the press....MJ Brown is not a lock to not win..The award is voted on before the tournament,so who knows...MJ is a very deserving player.....

But,when eating crow,all I can say is it's a little gamey..I guess it's all in the way you prepare it... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ..But one thing is for sure...I won't back down and won't give up...Union City will win it all and MJ Brown will win Mr Basketball....BOOK IT BABY!!!!!Cause backinthaoc said so!!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(mr.giggliefly33 @ Mar 17 2007 - 11:36 AM) 826415301[/snapback]Okay Union City and Humbolt. Let me give you a little advice. This was a great year for our region and I think it is still the toughest in the state. Referring to all public schools. We don't recruit, we play with what God give us . I admire Christian schools, but I don't agree with them playing in this state tourny. There will be someone replying that they, the privates don't recruit. Get real. Back to Humboldt and UC. I remember when Trenton had the no. 1 team in the state and guranteed to get back, they were 26-0 and was upset by Greenfield who they handedly beat in previous games. They stayed home in March. The Peabody powerful girls team were suppose to win 3 Gold balls, but they only got a gold, silver and a gold ball in 3 years. That's a great feat. The fist year they won with sophmores and lost the next with practicly the same team. One of the girls had moved to Dyersburg, but they won the gold the following year. To make a long story short. Don't count your chickens until the eggs are hatched. UC stayed home and I still think they were the best team in A ball. Yes they and Humboldt will be good next year but it is not a gurantee that they will be in the Boro. Trenton boys will be very good. If they can be taught to play defense they will be very tough. Middleton may be good again. I'm from Trenton. Let's pack it up and play football. Humboldt and Trenton and Martin Westview might make it to the Boro if the Private schools have a bad recruiting year. Good luck Tempe, Liberty, Clarksville. Is Temple a private school? I hope not. I will give them credit for having a classy program. But win or lose, you beat the best A team in the tourny. Humboldt. Go Vikes, and Roll Tide This is my opinion-like a but hole everyone had one.

I agree with you..The best team doesn't always win in a one game scenario..I was at the State tournament yesterday and still feel like Union City is the best team in the State..Just that 1 night..Humboldt played a great game and knocked Union City out..I still feel like Lake Co would have had a chance..But ..at times they just didn't play smart ball at the end of games..Union City should be tough next year with a lot back...Humboldt has 4 starters back..Trenton should be better..Lake Co returns Channin Geanes and Russel Avery,a player that started looking like one of the best players in the district at the end of the year and in the tournaments...Just like this year..Probably will be the toughest district in the State..But..that doesn't mean any of us will win the gold ball..We're knocking each other out in the regional tournaments....It's tough for our teams to actually make it to the Dance...But..Congrats to Temple on their win over Humboldt!Temple won the games they were suppose to win while our teams didn't..Just like March Madness..One bad game..or a great game by an oppossing team..and a great season comes to an end!And yes!A lot of times the best team may just be home watching television!

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 17 2007 - 12:01 PM) 826415324[/snapback]One other comment...Will Temple bring any fans today??...They were not there yesterday??....Maybe that was a good showing for you guys,I don't know... /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Temple is one of the smallest enrollment schools in the state, that's why its nice to see a small school whip one of the largest Single A schools in the state. I know, I'm suppose to pull for West Tennessee but I know several of the Temple coaches , fans and players from 4 years ago when they beat us in the State Championship game. I've never seen a classier bunch of people. Good luck to Temple today.

backinthaoc quote "..But one thing is for sure...I won't back down and won't give up...Union City will win it all and MJ Brown will win Mr Basketball....BOOK IT BABY!!!!!Cause backinthaoc said so!!!!"

Dont start, I've heard it for the last 6 months, all this talk about Union City will win 4 Gold Balls in a row. It didnt happen, Union City has more talent than anybody in the state except Liberty.

Hey backintheaoc I tried to tell them about the run out in a previous post. It is posted on the CSAS vs Cully Humbolt vs. Temple Topic. I guess their coach doesn't try to gameplan using these boards. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(goandgetit @ Mar 16 2007 - 04:50 PM) 826414417[/snapback]61 Humboldt 63 Temple....I guess the west just can't compete with the east.....

I hardly think that a two point win is any indication that the west can't compete with the east. Congrats to Temple on the win. Humboldt won every period except the second when they left the premises. Humboldt's problem all year of not playing all four periods cost them this game. They should be back next year. Congrats to Humboldt.....you guys have my heartfelt respect.

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Mar 17 2007 - 02:47 PM) 826415430[/snapback]Temple is one of the smallest enrollment schools in the state, that's why its nice to see a small school whip one of the largest Single A schools in the state. I know, I'm suppose to pull for West Tennessee but I know several of the Temple coaches , fans and players from 4 years ago when they beat us in the State Championship game. I've never seen a classier bunch of people. Good luck to Temple today.

backinthaoc quote "..But one thing is for sure...I won't back down and won't give up...Union City will win it all and MJ Brown will win Mr Basketball....BOOK IT BABY!!!!!Cause backinthaoc said so!!!!"

Dont start, I've heard it for the last 6 months, all this talk about Union City will win 4 Gold Balls in a row. It didnt happen, Union City has more talent than anybody in the state except Liberty.

I don't think Coach Skogen saying in his post game interview that he was going to take a vacation after winning the state championship was either classy or humble. Even though Temple is winning the game as I type this post, in my opinion there is no place for that kind of arrogance and disrespect.

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 17 2007 - 11:58 AM) 826415322[/snapback]OK.....As I sit here in Mt Juliet pondering what in the world happened yesterday....I have to give one player on the Temple team props....Seth Skogan can shoot the ball....What happened in the games yesterday is what has happened to Humboldt in their losses....They were badly outcoached....Their guard play was spotlighted again...What beat them in the first half(second quarter especially was the the run-outs Temple was able to execute off of missed shots...That is what beat them in the end with the shot at the end.....There was no comparison athletically....Humboldt was the stronger,faster team....The second half was a glimpse as to what Temple would have faced against Union City...I got to see the 4 semi-finalists yesterday first-hand...I noticed in the program that the scoring record is 110...Union City would have surpassed that already....Enjoy your championship game...I'll be there again,but knowing that the two best teams are not playing....

As for Mr Basketball....As I posted way back when the nominees were announced,Skogan will probably win....He is a senior and was there last season..He is a deserving player....I thought Williams from Culleoka is a decent player...He has his weaknesses though...He is not the greatest ball-handler..He also did not try to get his teammates involved in the game against CSAS...He tried to do too much in the second half,where he should have tried to go inside more to the much taller Beach twins...With their height advantage they should have been able to dominate in the paint...As with all the teams I saw yesterday,none could handle the press....MJ Brown is not a lock to not win..The award is voted on before the tournament,so who knows...MJ is a very deserving player.....

But,when eating crow,all I can say is it's a little gamey..I guess it's all in the way you prepare it... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ..But one thing is for sure...I won't back down and won't give up...Union City will win it all and MJ Brown will win Mr Basketball....BOOK IT BABY!!!!!Cause backinthaoc said so!!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

CAN YOU SAY

M J BROWN as Class A MR. Basketball. Yes , folks that's right, Union City's M J Brown is crowned the 2006-2007 Class A Mr. Basketball.

Now Take THAT , BOYS........

Yea he did and it made those who chose him look like morons...skogen was the best player, demario was better than brown....they went off of hype, not reality....the west also has more people that vote...and public schools hate private schools way more than private hate public....skogen was the best player in the state on the best team in the state....