Clarksville vs. Maryville

Clkshighfan

QUOTE(Golfendude @ Mar 18 2007 - 02:59 PM) 826416375[/snapback]T-10 please give me a good one. I'm a MC1-series man. Only the duds had to use the T-10. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

That's all we duds had back in 70 . You must be new school.. All The Way.

Surprised you did not root for CHS flying that Eagle. Was a good game we lost maybe next year.

I've lived around Maryville for the last 6 years and respect their school and community. However, I was pulling for Clarksville al they way until they met the Rebs. If we would have stayed in Clarksville I would have had my children there. Great Army Brat School /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

BTW- Just to let U know I'm not coming out of right field on folks feelings about Maryville. I just returned home from O'Charlies in Hendersonville. There was a table of 5 blacks talking about the game from last night and saying how could Clksville loose to Maryville and all those white boys. The waiter reminded them that Maryville had a young man playing basketball on the National Championship Gators and Maryville could play. I heard the young man say out of a $75 check the left him 0.00000 on the tip. Yep, we still have issues in the good old USA! /usa.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":usa:" border="0" alt="usa.gif" />

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Golfendude @ Mar 18 2007 - 02:59 PM) 826416375[/snapback]T-10 please give me a good one. I'm a MC1-series man. Only the duds had to use the T-10. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

That's all we duds had back in 70 . You must be new school.. All The Way.

Surprised you did not root for CHS flying that Eagle. Was a good game we lost maybe next year.

Yeah , My dad was there in the 70's. I think he was the NCOIC of the Stockade then. MSG Turner, 5'10" blonde w/blue eyes.

I've lived around Maryville for the last 6 years and respect their school and community. However, I was pulling for Clarksville all the way until they met the Rebs. If we would have stayed in Clarksville I would have had my children there. Great Army Brat School /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

BTW- Just to let U know I'm not coming out of right field on folks feelings about Maryville. I just returned home from O'Charlies in Hendersonville. There was a table of 5 blacks (yes, I know not politically correct) talking about the game from last night and saying how could Clksville loose to Maryville and all those white boys. The waiter reminded them that Maryville had a young man playing basketball on the National Championship Gators and Maryville could play. I heard the young man say out of a $75 check the left him 0.00000 on the tip.

Yep, we still have issues in the good old USA!

I've served with the 1ID, 3ID, 1AD and a few other's but will always be an 101st Screaming Eagle! Good luck to all!

QUOTE(Kevin38 @ Mar 18 2007 - 07:11 PM) 826416651[/snapback]Wow; you really went on the offensive there didnt you. I gave an honest assessment of MY opinion, you or anyone else has every right to dissagree and that doesnt bother me one bit. By saying Clarksville was deserving I meant that they were capable of winning that game even though they lost it. When a game goes 2 OT's either team has a chance to win on any given night. Now as far as the kids moving there; I wasnt implying recruiting, just that if you make a comment like that on a forum like this the 1st thing people are going to think is they are recruiting. I should have been more clear on my point so that is my foul. Finally; please dont be so touchy on a forum like this. See how I reply w/o referring to you or your post as STUPID. Now please keep your composure and show a little more class and show me the same respect I show you when replying to your post. Just settle down bro; its not that big of a deal..... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

No Kevin...it was obvious where you were coming from. The stupid post reference was made because it was clear to me where you were coming from. If I misinterpeted your direction then I apologize but after reading your post again I still had the same feeling.

As for taking these boards seriously...... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(MLREB @ Mar 18 2007 - 09:08 PM) 826416780[/snapback]

No Kevin...it was obvious where you were coming from. The stupid post reference was made because it was clear to me where you were coming from. If I misinterpeted your direction then I apologize but after reading your post again I still had the same feeling.

As for taking these boards seriously...... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Reasoning w/ you is pointless; you are obviously a drama queen..............

News to Maryville Fans........I was right! Mark Eldredge just lassoed you a Gold Ball. Now I'm sure your going to point out various moments in the game where he could have done this or that differently, but once you draw it up the kids still have to execute it. He coached a great set of overtimes! If you had said Maryville was the clear favorite to win the thing, someone would have locked you up in the nut house. He took a lesser club to the title game and then won the dang thang! Maryville Basketball is now officially ON THE MAP! Congrads, Mark and the team.

You're old sidekick from O-town......Kaz? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

QUOTE(kazam37 @ Mar 19 2007 - 06:15 AM) 826417242[/snapback]News to Maryville Fans........I was right! Mark Eldredge just lassoed you a Gold Ball. Now I'm sure your going to point out various moments in the game where he could have done this or that differently, but once you draw it up the kids still have to execute it. He coached a great set of overtimes! If you had said Maryville was the clear favorite to win the thing, someone would have locked you up in the nut house. He took a lesser club to the title game and then won the dang thang! Maryville Basketball is now officially ON THE MAP! Congrads, Mark and the team.

You're old sidekick from O-town......Kaz? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Here are some stats for the game

Clarksville Cladwell shot 31 times including 6 threes attempts for only 26 points and all other players on the team only shot 41 times. Not exactly spreading it out.

Maryville Damron shot 31 times , Maples shot 11 times, Basile 12 times, Douglas 10 times with 17 points, Lambert 15 times and Click only 3 times with one big one for sure. Total shots taken by the team 47. Maples, Basile and Douglas combined shot only 33 times.

For some reason Maryville stopped getting the ball to Douglas in the last quarter and OT? The big guy is a player. Wonder how many points he would have had if he shot it 31 times? By my calculations it should have been 51 or more. Also you don't shoot threes with under a minute and a 5 point lead. Either kill the clock, look for an easy layup or get it to the big man for the high percentage shot. Play that way against WB, Farragut or Bearden next year and they will kill you.

QUOTE(BosemanWBFan @ Mar 19 2007 - 06:53 AM) 826417267[/snapback]Here are some stats for the game

Clarksville Cladwell shot 31 times including 6 threes attempts for only 26 points and all other players on the team only shot 41 times. Not exactly spreading it out.

Maryville Damron shot 31 times , Maples shot 11 times, Basile 12 times, Douglas 10 times with 17 points, Lambert 15 times and Click only 3 times with one big one for sure. Total shots taken by the team 47. Maples, Basile and Douglas combined shot only 33 times.

For some reason Maryville stopped getting the ball to Douglas in the last quarter and OT? The big guy is a player. Wonder how many points he would have had if he shot it 31 times? By my calculations it should have been 51 or more. Also you don't shoot threes with under a minute and a 5 point lead. Either kill the clock, look for an easy layup or get it to the big man for the high percentage shot. Play that way against WB, Farragut or Bearden next year and they will kill you.

Your stats are way off on shot attempts Boseman. Why don't you go to the TSSAA website for the official stats of the game before you get on here and post erroneous information?

Maryville is the 2007 AAA state champions. Deal with it my friend.

QUOTE(kazam37 @ Mar 19 2007 - 07:15 AM) 826417242[/snapback]News to Maryville Fans........I was right! Mark Eldredge just lassoed you a Gold Ball. Now I'm sure your going to point out various moments in the game where he could have done this or that differently, but once you draw it up the kids still have to execute it. He coached a great set of overtimes! If you had said Maryville was the clear favorite to win the thing, someone would have locked you up in the nut house. He took a lesser club to the title game and then won the dang thang! Maryville Basketball is now officially ON THE MAP! Congrads, Mark and the team.

Couldn't agree more Kaz with the exception of the comment "lesser club". Not cool taking a shot at the kids. You can praise coach E without downing the kids.

I watched every team in 3A and Maryville didn't have many match-up issues. Athletes like Maples, Damron, Basile, Lambert and Click, were not overmatched by the quickness and speed of other teams. Nobody in the tournament had an answer for the size and bulk of Douglas and Reynolds.

Credit coach E and his staff of West, Chambers, and Allen for their teams accomplishments.

Not shooting the kids, cause they were the ones that won it! I am giving you an honest assessment of the skill set of the majority of the teams. The Rebs are athletic, yes, but two of them are much more suited to the sport they are ultimately going to play. (Maples and Douglas: Football) You are right , they weren't overmatched in speed or size, but there was a bevy of players that had more rounded basketball skills than them. Eldredge kept the team playing to its strength throughout the State Tourney, that is why you get the hardware. Can another team in the state beat Maryville, sure, but his kids overachieved at the right moment. Thats coaching and players buying into what he was selling. Hey, enjoy this one because it is not going to be like football. I make that statement, not because you won't win it again ever, it is just tougher than it looks. (and a little luck is involved along the way) Great show for three days and I wouldn't let Eldredge go anywhere if I were you. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Kaz