West Tennessee Basketball: What happened you guys?

triathlete

QUOTE(MLREB @ Mar 25 2007 - 01:40 PM) 826422148[/snapback]I think Union City believed all the hype the people put on here about them being unbeatable. IMO, I think will be back and they won't buy into the hype next season. Remind you of a team you know? Whats happened to Mo. West everytime Maryville has played them since that loss. Any other playoff game may be close, but the one between Maryville and Mo. West always has the biggest point spread. Lesson learned.

Not sure I understand what point you are tying to make but every game since 2003 Maryville has been MUCH better than MO West and it has shown in the final score. In 2003 Mo West was at least on par with Maryville and it wasn't an upset that they beat them.

Finally....I am done this the dilusional bunch of UC fans. Here is a suggestion..... buy a bunch of trophies.... put together a parade....and take it down main street celebrating the the 1A state....overall state....and the national highschool mythical champions. Have fun and make sure you say hello to the tooth fairy...Santa Claus.....and the Easter Bunny along yourparade route. ...... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You guys are pathetic!!!

I really don't see why your so worried about these 1a teams lol...If your BIG BAD Maryville school is 3a then why are you worried about Union City, Temple, Humboldt, Lake Co. and all of these schools even beating you...like I said classification doesn't mean a thing huh???!!!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Mar 25 2007 - 01:43 PM) 826422152[/snapback]I really don't see why your so worried about these 1a teams lol...If your BIG BAD Maryville school is 3a then why are you worried about Union City, Temple, Humboldt, Lake Co. and all of these schools even beating you...like I said classification doesn't mean a thing huh???!!!!

..... do you seriously think ANYBODY is worried? I'm just LMBO at the delusional fans.... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Enjoy your parade!

You might have had a few Maryville fans that thought Maryville should have won state in 2003. Most of us knew that the 2003 team overachieved big time to get as far as they did. Maryville would have given up 350 to 400 rushing yards had they played Hillsboro that year. Hillsboro was by far the best team in 2003 in 4A. MOWest beat Maryville fair and square in the playoffs.

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 25 2007 - 09:13 AM) 826422029[/snapback].....I'm not saying Maryville has no athletes,they have two going to UT on football scholarships,right??....Temple doesn't match-up at all with Union City's style of play...Not at all....Does that mean Temple has no athletes??...No...Skogan is going to play football at Furman....I think he could actually play college basketball,he is that good..They won the tournament by really good teamwork and excellent coaching....They did not have to play an uptempo,all out sprint for 32 minutes..I saw how they handled Humboldt's press in the second half...It was miserable..They would have faced a more intense press with quicker players that would have been fresh the entire game because they would have put 10 in the game before the first quarter was over.....I also know this a hypothetical because UC didn't make it........But that's your problem,right??

Wow, you actually admit that Temple has athletes. Good observation. Yes, Skogen is going to play football at Furman and could play basketball in college if he wanted to. You forget to mention that several colleges have been after Dee Newson to play basketball (Appalachian State, Lee, Bryan -- just to mention a few). Then you have Josh Smith who is going to play football in college. And I would dare say that Jeremy Sexton will play basketball somewhere in college after a couple more years in high school. As far as playing an "all out sprint for 32 minutes", Temple would handle that just fine if they had to. Did they handle the press Humboldt put on them in the second half? Not that well, but they could have and should have. I guess it's the same thing you're saying about your team, they could have and should have.

Look, we could go back and forth on the issues you have presented, but we really don't know who would win between Temple and UC unless they played an actual game against each other. And we know that is not going to happen. So, as it stands today -- the East is the best in 1A and 3A because they have the balls to prove it. No pun intended. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(MLREB @ Mar 25 2007 - 10:46 AM) 826422046[/snapback]So now you are saying UC....a team that didn't make the dance in 1A, would have beat the team that won 3A....right? That Maryville would have had match up problems... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You are right....I didn't see UC mainly because they DIDN"T make the tournament in 1A.

Time to move on I guess. You UC guys are wayyyyyyyyyyyy to intelligent for the rest of us....... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

the class you are put in is determined by how many people are enrolled at the school you attend

QUOTE(GCPioneer @ Mar 25 2007 - 12:10 AM) 826421935[/snapback]Only if you knew who I was my friend...Please, DO NOT bring me down to your level!! I'm not crying...I have nothing to do with Union City...I saw them play 1 time I saw Temple 3 times....Union City was better IMO....ask White House they might tell you how good UC is...ask their big man how Union City runs the ball up and down the court...he played at half court against Union City because he could not keep up!!!

You cant judge a team on 1 game.Powell fans prolly only saw Maryville play once and they lost by 20 to Powell, so u cant judge them on 1 game.

Why u got to hide behind a screename? If u are that scared then nobody cares who u are.

QUOTE(montague1 @ Mar 25 2007 - 12:42 PM) 826422103[/snapback]Well, maybe not you, but other Reb fans and a whole bunch of Chatt. Town fans.

I got to see both Temple and Union City play this year. I also got to see Humboldt play, and it was a big upset for Union City not to make it to the boro. I admit that I never saw Lake Co., and they were the team to put Union City out, but I can say that Humboldt would lose 9 out of 10 times to Union City. Doesn't matter now, Temple took care of business and Union City didn't.

I think Union City believed all the hype the people put on here about them being unbeatable. IMO, I think will be back and they won't buy into the hype next season. Remind you of a team you know? Whats happened to Mo. West everytime Maryville has played them since that loss. Any other playoff game may be close, but the one between Maryville and Mo. West always has the biggest point spread. Lesson learned.

Humboldt beat UC and knocked them out....Lake County was the team that came the closest of any 1A team to beat UC in the regular season....

I disagree with the statement made about Union City implying the team believed they were unbeatable because of stuff put on here....I doubt the players paid any attention to it.....

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 22 2007 - 05:24 PM) 826420508[/snapback]No it wouldn't have.....Anybody that saw Union City play this year knows it too....

Temple should send a card of gratitude to Humboldt for beating the Tornadoes......While they are at it they could send a card to the Humboldt coaching staff for holding Humboldt down for a half.....I saw the Vikings five or six times this year and that was by far the worst game I saw them play....

That title should be named the "Thank God Union City Didn't Make Here" trophy......Union City would have beaten Maryville too.... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I watched Union City, Humboldt annd Lake County several times and they all had good teams but none of them would have beaten Temple in the State Championship. We play in the same district with those 3 teams but Temple is a better team and better coached than Union City. Union City liked to run the score up every chance they got against us little teams. Congratulations to Temple on a great season.

It makes for good arguments, but Temple's success has nothing to do with Maryville's. Liberty's has nothing to do with Union City's great team. I'm sure there are really bad teams in all three sections of the state, and how do you decide which parts of middle Tennessee are classified "East or West"? I'd guess the good teams are used when trying to make points. There might be more good teams come from one part of the state on the average, but except when talking about specific cities or metro areas, a lot of what I've read here is meaningless.

QUOTE(Indian @ Mar 25 2007 - 09:37 PM) 826422486[/snapback]It makes for good arguments, but Temple's success has nothing to do with Maryville's. Liberty's has nothing to do with Union City's great team. I'm sure there are really bad teams in all three sections of the state, and how do you decide which parts of middle Tennessee are classified "East or West"? I'd guess the good teams are used when trying to make points. There might be more good teams come from one part of the state on the average, but except when talking about specific cities or metro areas, a lot of what I've read here is meaningless.

So Indian....are saying all that typing I have done the last three days is meaningless?...... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I would tend to agree but the banter and reading what the UC sheep were saying was fun and hilarious.

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 25 2007 - 06:15 PM) 826422382[/snapback]I would like to know the three times iownyou saw Union City play.....

I saw 2 humboldt games.....1 game humboldt lost and then I saw the game that Humboldt won...I also saw UC destroy some pitiful team..oh yea Big stacy or some girls name...they were absolutely TERRIBLE....waste of my time....