Region 4-5A Predictions

VOL DAWG

Cheatham Co. He joined the staff when Coach Finley took over the program back in 2002 and since then there has yet to be a season where Cheatham Co. has missed the playoffs. You ask "why?". Let me just tell you that I would guess that $$$$$$$ played a role in the decision. This was one of those "great situations" that this coach could not pass up. Congrats on this great addition to your coaching staff Riverdale!!!!

Excellent Coach and very deserving of the position. I hope he his players have success 9 times this season.

I also hope the best for Coach finley as he is losing a big peace of the puzzle very late. This happens in coaching all the time. Cheathem has a good staff and should be fine.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheatham Co. He joined the staff when Coach Finley took over the program back in 2002 and since then there has yet to be a season where Cheatham Co. has missed the playoffs. You ask "why?". Let me just tell you that I would guess that $$$$$$$ played a role in the decision. This was one of those "great situations" that this coach could not pass up. Congrats on this great addition to your coaching staff Riverdale!!!!

He will be working to a class act coach in Aydelott.

How is Blackman looking?

I know they have Maurecio, Maurecio, and..........Maurecio. But who else is going to be playmakers for them this year?

dont know much about their lineman but they have some good backs should find their strength in their running game. they have some descent receivers. dont know anything about their defense

I expect them to make some noise.

That "noise" will be the terrible wail and moan from the 0 - 5 start. If they do not open with a win at Lavergne; it will be an 0 - 5 start for the Blaze! They have a very tough opening 5 games and first 3 are on the road. What was the HC thinking?? good competition!! ....................maybe so..

ole

That "noise" will be the terrible wail and moan from the 0 - 5 start. If they do not open with a win at Lavergne; it will be an 0 - 5 start for the Blaze! They have a very tough opening 5 games and first 3 are on the road. What was the HC thinking?? good competition!! ....................maybe so..

ole

They draw in our region to determine who you play and when. Do you really think we would have scheduled Riverdale away in week 0?? It is the luck of the draw and then the toss of the coin.

They draw in our region to determine who you play and when. Do you really think we would have scheduled Riverdale away in week 0?? It is the luck of the draw and then the toss of the coin.

I don't know, I like playing them first. Good chance to beat them if any, before the kinks are worked out.

I know "priceless" that you have this acute sense of knowledge and wisdom about all and everything in the Region 4 5A, but I agree with Mr. Mexico, and am certain that Mr Navidad knows that the region games are somewhat "drawn" and it is the luck of the draw BUT here is what is not "drawn". Blackman did not draw Lincoln Co. and Brentwood; that was self-inflicted. If they survive it; they will be a very good football team!

I think your coach Ferguson did an excellent job in selecting his out of region games; it does give the Pats a better chance of a better start.

Now something else OH Priceless one!.................Oakland really did not have to agree to open with Riverdale in week "zero". If you will note that Lebanon and Wilson Central DO NOT play a week "zero" region game; so the only thing that was really not in the coaches control was games in week 2 and 4. The week "zero" thing was a group self-inflicted agreement to move "drawn" week 6 to week "zero".

*note most leagues will avoid a league match in first week. I am pretty sure that the only 2 SEC teams that open with another SEC team game are SCarolina and Miss State and that is cross-conference game.

Navidad simply pointed that Blackman opens very tough and agree that they really have a "murderers row"

I know "priceless" that you have this acute sense of knowledge and wisdom about all and everything in the Region 4 5A, but I agree with Mr. Mexico, and am certain that Mr Navidad knows that the region games are somewhat "drawn" and it is the luck of the draw BUT here is what is not "drawn". Blackman did not draw Lincoln Co. and Brentwood; that was self-inflicted. If they survive it; they will be a very good football team!

I think your coach Ferguson did an excellent job in selecting his out of region games; it does give the Pats a better chance of a better start.

Now something else OH Priceless one!.................Oakland really did not have to agree to open with Riverdale in week "zero". If you will note that Lebanon and Wilson Central DO NOT play a week "zero" region game; so the only thing that was really not in the coaches control was games in week 2 and 4. The week "zero" thing was a group self-inflicted agreement to move "drawn" week 6 to week "zero".

*note most leagues will avoid a league match in first week. I am pretty sure that the only 2 SEC teams that open with another SEC team game are SCarolina and Miss State and that is cross-conference game.

Navidad simply pointed that Blackman opens very tough and agree that they really have a "murderers row"

They are not somewhat drawn; they are drawn. The move to week 0 was to give rutherford county fall break without a game. Wilson County does not share our fall break so they did not have this issue. Region 4-5A has had region openers in Rutherford County for at least the last two years as well for the same reason.

They are not somewhat drawn; they are drawn. The move to week 0 was to give rutherford county fall break without a game. Wilson County does not share our fall break so they did not have this issue. Region 4-5A has had region openers in Rutherford County for at least the last two years as well for the same reason.

Correct............but if the principal at Oakland had said that they would not play week "zero"; then the game would have been played week 6. This was evidently an agreed upon thing among Rutherford coaches and principals, BUT (and a large one at that) IF the Oakland principal had balked...................it could have not been forced upon them. (About the only way the principal could have been forced would have been a directive from the Rutherford Supt. and (most Supt. will not intervene in stuff like that). *note Wilson Co. has a 2 week "break" and they just go on and play both weeks. The Week "zero" thing was a chosen thing of a 'drawn" game.

Case in point.................years past. A region had the previous drawn league games that 6 of the 7 team wanted to keep and voted to keep the same previous draw. One team balked and carried case to the TSSAA..............TSSAA said unless current draw was unanimous then their would be a redraw! *footnote- the offended team got a worst draw.

Here is the point..................if a principal of a Rutherford county school had not agreed to the vote of the 5 principals of the other Rutherford schools to play week 6 game on week "zero". Guess what; the game would be played when drawn. Also, if the coaches had met and voted and a principal did not like it.............no game! The TSSAA is really a principals organization and a school's intergrity is NOT always subject to a league's majority vote IF the school feels it is being "railroaded".

I will stand by the somewhat drawn statement.

Correct............but if the principal at Oakland had said that they would not play week "zero"; then the game would have been played week 6. This was evidently an agreed upon thing among Rutherford coaches and principals, BUT (and a large one at that) IF the Oakland principal had balked...................it could have not been forced upon them. (About the only way the principal could have been forced would have been a directive from the Rutherford Supt. and (most Supt. will not intervene in stuff like that). *note Wilson Co. has a 2 week "break" and they just go on and play both weeks. The Week "zero" thing was a chosen thing of a 'drawn" game.

Case in point.................years past. A region had the previous drawn league games that 6 of the 7 team wanted to keep and voted to keep the same previous draw. One team balked and carried case to the TSSAA..............TSSAA said unless current draw was unanimous then their would be a redraw! *footnote- the offended team got a worst draw.

Here is the point..................if a principal of a Rutherford county school had not agreed to the vote of the 5 principals of the other Rutherford schools to play week 6 game on week "zero". Guess what; the game would be played when drawn. Also, if the coaches had met and voted and a principal did not like it.............no game! The TSSAA is really a principals organization and a school's intergrity is NOT always subject to a league's majority vote IF the school feels it is being "railroaded".

I will stand by the somewhat drawn statement.

I understand what you are saying, but with the rest of the region facing the same thing, I would not rather Oakland look like the kid who wants it their way all the time and threatens to take the ball home home if it is not in their favor. Oakland is going to have to play Riverdale eventually, and maybe at this juncture it will be a blessing in disguise. When you play in this region, there is going to be a part of your schedule that will look like "murderer's row" even if you play a somewhat weak out of region schedule