Riverdale vs Maryville

UCSportsFan

Let me refresh you, Mr Authority......only Britton and McDaniel left Riverdale when Rankin did. Britton to be HC at Franklin County, and Mc to be DC at BGA. Both positions were steps up for both men. I will tell you that there was no love lost b/t Britton and Rankin and he had tried to leave multiple times while employed under Rankin.

The rest left after the 2006 season.....including DC, Rick Collins ( who is at Oakland), Thomas, Snow, Gardner, and Whine-it. So Rankin could have gotten any of these guys a job, esp Whine-it his clipboard carrier.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My money would be on Class 5A Riverdale to win by 3. However Maryville is more than just a 4A school in the state of Tn, they are on the national radar as well. Both are rich in tradition and both have athletes all over the field. I for one would pay to see this matchup. What are everyones thoughts and arguements as to who would win and why?

Hopefully we will find out in 2009.

Plus, Riverdale tried to play Maryville in their 2004 season but Maryville didn't want to play. Both teams each had an open week and money was not an issue. Maryville just didn't want to play a 5A team, much less a 5A powerhouse. On second thought COA don't even bother, the above is a flat out lie. Maryville was still in the yearly games with Morristown West in 2004. It has been years since Maryville has had an "open date" or been looking for a game, unless you are talking playing an 11 game season. Other than M West, Alcoa, Heritage and WB all were Region games. We had a team added to our region in 05 and had to drop M West at that time. Let me guess you indirectly heard this from Hot Shot Rankin right?

As usuall mhs is right on the money.

I am just telling it like it is. It is a common knowledge that Rankin pushed for a split after his team got manhandled by BA. Honestly I think with 5 classes, Tennessee HS football is a bit watered down, so I wouldnt mind the privates and publics playing together, whatever happened to trying to be better than the privates instead of throwing a hissy fit, taking your ball and going home. Believe, you will know when I gravitate towards anything that could be considered mean or jealous

Totally agree with you on 5 classifications

1.So Oakland Patriots are you saying that the people around these athletes are the ones to blame for not pushing them? Well your probably right.2. How did I become Mr. Authority?3. Who is throwing a hissy fit?

It is all our jobs to push those around us to be the best in no matter what we do, but that goes double for athletes because that is the gift that they have received from the Good Lord himself. I am a Oakland supporter, no doubt but I want to see these athletes and people be successful, no matter where they are from.I wasnt directing hissy fit towards anyone, but by splitting the classification up into public/private, we are sending a message to not only to our kids but everyone else that if you dont like things they are, thats fine just wine loud enough to get noticed or just take your ball and go home. That is not just the case with tennessee hs football, but what we have become as a society as well[quote name='"COA' post='826489714' date='Jul 22 2007 -

Let me refresh you, Mr Authority......only Britton and McDaniel left Riverdale when Rankin did. Britton to be HC at Franklin County, and Mc to be DC at BGA. Both positions were steps up for both men. I will tell you that there was no love lost b/t Britton and Rankin and he had tried to leave multiple times while employed under Rankin.

The rest left after the 2006 season.....including DC, Rick Collins ( who is at Oakland), Thomas, Snow, Gardner, and Whine-it. So Rankin could have gotten any of these guys a job, esp Whine-it his clipboard carrier.

actually 2p, snow left after 2005 as did lytle, and white had taken a job under britton for like a month before deciding to stay, so none of them were available nor was britton or mcdaniel as already mentioned. alcoa is a big move from murfreesboro i dont think rankin had anyone at his heels wanting to make the move.

I hear Maryville will get their first taste of 5A ball of the season in a scrimmage against Science Hill August 3rd. Science Hill may not be on the level with Riverdale yet, but they have some pretty good athletes with a new coach from middle Tennessee that might make it interesting maybe. We’ll see . . .

Maryville will handle Science Hill and it is not their first taste of 5A ball. They scrimmage Oak Ridge and DB about every year and usually win. Plus they usually play william blount and another i cant think of in the regular season. So by no means their FIRST taste of 5A ball. If science Hill thinks that just because because they play in 5A and Maryville is in 4A Science Hill will win, then get ready to be rocked. In fact, get ready to get rocked regardless. DB always plays Maryville to up the competition because normally nobody in the Big East beats DB and Maryville beats DB 75% of the time and gets DB ready for the season. First taste of 5A ball...........HA! Get ready for a taste of Rebels in your face!

Maryville will handle Science Hill and it is not their first taste of 5A ball. They scrimmage Oak Ridge and DB about every year and usually win. Plus they usually play william blount and another i cant think of in the regular season

"their first taste of 5A ball of the season" Maryville will scrimmage a 5A team before Aug 3rd?? Wow, that is soon! I thought practice doesn't officially start until July 30th?

"their first taste of 5A ball of the season" Maryville will scrimmage a 5A team before Aug 3rd?? Wow, that is soon! I thought practice doesn't officially start until July 30th?

All I am saying is that 5A ball is nothing new to Maryville. like I said DB and Oak ridge scrimmage them every year and Maryville usually wins. Maryville is an abnormal team, trust me. Proobably best in all classifications most years and I live in Nashville and see some pretty good ball.

Maryville will handle Science Hill and it is not their first taste of 5A ball. They scrimmage Oak Ridge and DB about every year and usually win. Plus they usually play william blount and another i cant think of in the regular season. So by no means their FIRST taste of 5A ball. If science Hill thinks that just because because they play in 5A and Maryville is in 4A Science Hill will win, then get ready to be rocked. In fact, get ready to get rocked regardless. DB always plays Maryville to up the competition because normally nobody in the Big East beats DB and Maryville beats DB 75% of the time and gets DB ready for the season. First taste of 5A ball...........HA! Get ready for a taste of Rebels in your face!

I'm not saying Maryville won't beat SH, but they (SH) just might be tougher than you think. Like I said...We'll see

I have no doubt Maryville is an abnormal team! That is why they are making the trip to hook-up.