Riverdale vs Maryville

UCSportsFan

Maryville,

For several years Maryville dominated Oak Ridge and DB. I know it was a scrimmage, but Maryville gave them all they wanted.

Second because George Quarrells and staff will always out coach you. Just ask Melrose, Hillsboro, and everyone else the last 13 years. Oh yeah how many times has Riverdale one the state. How many have the lost?

Maryville, 8 out of 10 times.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville,

For several years Maryville dominated Oak Ridge and DB. I know it was a scrimmage, but Maryville gave them all they wanted.

Second because George Quarrells and staff will always out coach you. Just ask Melrose, Hillsboro, and everyone else the last 13 years. Oh yeah how many times has Riverdale one the state. How many have the lost?

Maryville, 8 out of 10 times.

I have agree w/ Leonard here. Have seen a # of the scrimmages spoken to, and while they are just scrimmages, they have just not been competitive. Mville, and 8/10 is about right.

ruse?

I have agree w/ Leonard here. Have seen a # of the scrimmages spoken to, and while they are just scrimmages, they have just not been competitive. Mville, and 8/10 is about right.

ruse?

Riverdale ran into quality teams but still won some and Maryville is an Elite team and won alot in 4a to but there not playing each other so why does it matter?

Maryville has 8 4A titles( key word"4A")

Riverdale has 4 5A titles( key word "5A")

Riverdale got their 5 years straight with different classes

Maryville got their only three years straight with different classes

That proves the better coaching staff part.

Rverdale plays a tougher schedule than Maryville( also including the playoff play). If you argue with that part you are just plain ignorant.

How many times has Maryville played a good opponet in the championship game? Riverdale has played plenty. Maybe not great but good.

mhs and mlreb.... SHUT YOUR STUPID SELVES UP!!!!!! DO YOU THINK I WOULD LIE ABOUT WHAT I SAID ABOUT RIVERDALE PLAYING MARYVILLE?!? HERE ARE MY FACTS ON THIS. I HEARD WHAT I SAID FROM MR. NOLAN AT RIVERDALE AND A COUPLE OF STAFF MEMBERS WERE TALKING ABOUT IT. THOSE ARE MY FACTS. WHERE DID I HEAR THAT? AT THE SHONEY'S RIGHT ACROSS FROM WHAT YOUSE TO BE THE PONDEROSA. THEY HAD A RADIO SHOW WITH EVERY COACH IN THE COUNTY REPRESENTING THERE SCHOOLS ABOUT THE LAST NIGHTS GAME. TALK WAS EVERYWHERE ABOUT HOW MARYVILLE CHICKENED OUT...AND THEY DID! I GUESS I KNOW WHY THOUGH. WHY PLAY THE POWERHOUSE WHEN YOU CAN PLAY THE RAG DOLLS? IN THE SPRING OF 2004 RIVERDALE SCRIMMIGED M WEST. THEY BEAT THEM 91-14 AT TENNESSEE TECH STADIUM. DON'T BELIEVE ME? FINE, ASK THE STAFF, OH YEA THATS RIGHT. THEY ALL LEFT. EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM EXCEPT COACH FIELDS WHO MAINLY DOES TRACK! WHY? BECAUSE RIVERDALE HAS TURNED INTO A BAD SCHOOL. THUGS EVERYWHERE. NOT A PLACE TO RAISE HIS THREE CHILDREN THROUGH HIGH SCHOOL. IF YOU ALSO BELIEVE THAT RANKIN HAD A HAND PICK OF ANY KID IN THE COUNTY, I BET YOU YOU HERD IT FROM OLD CHEATIN LOW DOWN MOOSE OVER AT OAKLAND. GO ASK THE CHEERLEADING COACH AT RIVERDALE IF SHE HAS AN EXTRA 2004 OAKLAND VS RIVERDALE FOOTBALL SHIRT. I'M SURE SHE'D BE GLAD TO SHOW YOU IT. SECOND, I'M NOT CALLING 4A MIDDLE SCHOOL IF YOU WERE SMART ENOUGH TO ACTUASLLY READ IT INSEAD OF SKIM IT. WHAT I MEANT WAS THAT THE TALENT,COACHING,ATMOSPHERE,INTENSITY,RIVALRY,SPEED,POWER,NUMBERS,STRENGHTH,STREN

TH OF SCHEDULE,ETC. IN 4A IS 10 TIMES BIGGER IN 5A LIKE IS THE TRANSFER FROM PLAYING MIDDLE SCHOOL BALL TO PLAYING HIGH SCHOOL BALL. AND YES MARYVILLE DOES PLAY HERITAGE AND WILLIAM BLOUT EVERY YEAR BUT THE ONLY THING 5A ABOUT THEM IS THEIR SCHOOL SIZE. NOT THEIR TALENT IN SPORTS AND IMPORTANCE OF ATHALETICS AS IS OF FORMER RIVERDALE. I AM IN NO WAY A MARYVILLE HATER BUT I DO DISLIKE THEM. HEY MHS. I HEARD QUARLES HAD A PRETTY GOOD SELECTION TO PICK FROM FROM BLOUT COUNTY TOO THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS. I GUESS THAT'S WHY MARYVILLE'S BIG SHOTS WERE NOT ORIGINALY ZONED TO GO THERE HUH?To JC4life: the answer is .... not until both teams play.

You have just proven your immaturity and probable lack of evidence on any subject. Grown men generally do not go on message boards to call other grown men names. I don't know much about Maryville football, but I do know that the cheerleading coach's husband left Riverdale, too. Do you think that she will be classy enough to call her husband out on a t-shirt when they play Smyrna?

Maryville has 8 4A titles( key word"4A")

Riverdale has 4 5A titles( key word "5A")

Riverdale got their 5 years straight with different classes

Maryville got their only three years straight with different classes

That proves the better coaching staff part.

Rverdale plays a tougher schedule than Maryville( also including the playoff play). If you argue with that part you are just plain ignorant.

How many times has Maryville played a good opponet in the championship game? Riverdale has played plenty. Maybe not great but good.

You're right,all the 4A state title runner ups are garbage. And the 5A state runner up is only good,not great. What does it take to qualify as good to you?

COA, you are embarrassing yourself.

Riverdale is still an excellent academic school. Take a look at their scores before you speak next time.

They won a gold ball in girls bball, and was close to winning one in softball. Riverdale lost to Smyrna in football who won the state. They still won the region and their record of region wins remains intact. ( The loss to Smyrna was in the playoffs not regular season.)Their boys bball team beat us....the ONLY team in the district to do so. We lost at state to Clarksville in 3 OTS who lost to state champs....Maryville. Not so shabby.....I don't see any decline at Riverdale. In fact, their football program has gained a HC with some integrity and discipline and the players will be better MEN for it.

Remind me again how many of those coaches that left RHS went with good old Rankin again?? Oh yeah.....ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Great of him to take care of his assts. wasn't it? Just like him.

Every school has a few thugs. I would bet Maryville does as well.

Oh......here goes your credibility......Coach BREEDEN is still on the football staff along with Fields.

Now do a lil research before you try to slam on a high academic school with TWO gold balls this yr ( football and bball).

BTW, the win against Mo West was a SCRIMMAGE......not a real game.

Let's recall that Riverdale only earned one of those gold balls when there were 3 classes and the privates mixed in. So........if I were you, I would grow up and shut up.

I can already tell this is gonna be a 'fun' year for football!

As far as the Maryville-R'dale matchup I have seen both teams every year they were at the championship from 2000 on and I will say I 'think' the 2004 R'dale team could have taken Maryville. Not because of the great defensive backs, but the fact that Maryville's QB would NOT have had that much time to throw against R'dale as he had in the 2004 championship game. The other years it would have been a great game no matter who won and I would have called them a toss up. The 2004 R'dale team WAS a machine!

I respect Maryville and love to watch them play, but if I was one of their supporters I would be worried as to whether Coach Quarles will be staying when they go to 5A. This is especially true with their 'open zones' and Coach Rankin there in their virtual back yard. Better get the check book out and have it very handy. Same goes for Alcoa and it better have a very deep reserve!

Will there ever be a year when this topic doesn`t come up?

THANK YOU!!!!

In regards to this debate I would like to now be the second person to carry the "WHO CARES" approach. They do not play so it can't possibly be a game that anyone can say with 100% accuracy who would win, why they would win, and what the final score would be in the end.

Maryville is an East-TN powerhouse located in Blount County. Riverdale is a Middle-TN powerhouse located in Rutherford County. The argument is always going to depend on which side of the state where your loyalties truly lie. Personally, I hope this thread gets shutdown because these two teams have much bigger things to worry about heading into fall practice. Riverdale has to prepare for Oakland (biggest county rival) & Maryville has to prepare for Alcoa (biggest county rival).

COA, you are embarrassing yourself.

Riverdale is still an excellent academic school. Take a look at their scores before you speak next time.

They won a gold ball in girls bball, and was close to winning one in softball. Riverdale lost to Smyrna in football who won the state. They still won the region and their record of region wins remains intact. ( The loss to Smyrna was in the playoffs not regular season.)Their boys bball team beat us....the ONLY team in the district to do so. We lost at state to Clarksville in 3 OTS who lost to state champs....Maryville. Not so shabby.....I don't see any decline at Riverdale. In fact, their football program has gained a HC with some integrity and discipline and the players will be better MEN for it.

Remind me again how many of those coaches that left RHS went with good old Rankin again?? Oh yeah.....ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Great of him to take care of his assts. wasn't it? Just like him.

Every school has a few thugs. I would bet Maryville does as well.

Oh......here goes your credibility......Coach BREEDEN is still on the football staff along with Fields.

Now do a lil research before you try to slam on a high academic school with TWO gold balls this yr ( football and bball).

BTW, the win against Mo West was a SCRIMMAGE......not a real game.

Let's recall that Riverdale only earned one of those gold balls when there were 3 classes and the privates mixed in. So........if I were you, I would grow up and shut up.

Also, this COA character is quick to point who is chicken and who isnt, well who was the main force behind the public-private split? You guessed it, ole run em up rankin himself, so next time do your research

The same guy who wouldn't schedule Brentwood Academy in regular season.

Or in the postseason if he could, I still remember that 95 game where they have these 2 mammoth tackles, seemed like 6'6 ot 6'7, kind of funny to look at when the whole team was huddled because it seemed like they were 3 or 4 inches taller than everybody else