Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was obviously joking with this line " Mad about Temple drumming them in the State Finals and wanted to help take them down? haha..but seriously". I see that it came across like I was being hard on the kid, that wasn't my intention. That should be reserved for the coach, if it happened. And I'm not condoning practicing with another/joining another team I'm just saying; if you know it's wrong and I find it hard to believe that he didn't, then it's not smart to bring that Temple bag to school at CSAS. To simplify:1. If this happened this is pretty bad stuff, not something like a clerical error.2. I think the coach had to know it was wrong.3. I think the players would have to know that's wrong to do. 4. and if you do know it's wrong and go to school with another school's bag that isn't bright.5. I was just wondering if these kids were recruited why would they want to go to Temple? There seemed to be a semi rivalry there(in basketball anyway) and you wouldn't want to. And also from and education standpoint, parents camp out to get into CSAS and it's free. What exactly did I say that you had a problem with? Or are you going to just say "It's stupid."

Your post was the first I have ever called stupid. When you started dogging a Jr High kid with "And how stupid is that kid...." joke or not. It's not what you said but how you said it. Think first, then post

Your optimisum is truly commendable. The argument might be better made if it hadn't happened twice that they've admitted and if the school had self-reported, which they did not.In any case, we should know something more soon.

Yep, Pasture is whistling again

Your post was the first I have ever called stupid.

Great.

When you started dogging a Jr High kid with "And how stupid is that kid...." joke or not. It's not what you said but how you said it. Think first, then post

I wasn't even trying to dog the kid. I didn't even realize that it came across that way until I reread it. It wasn't my intention to be so hard on this unnamed player. I was just typing that in an off the cuff way. I didn't think anyone would take what I said so seriously. My apologies to anyone offended.

I am afraid that this door has only been cracked. I have a hunch that there is more information out there. It could be in the hands of some very dangerous people(to temple). I guess we will just have to wait and see. It seems to me that Temple may have to try their luck at being sneaky in TACS.

Read the article for yourself:

http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/t...93&zoneid=6

"We were never able to nail down a concrete violation, but there was a lot of dishonesty from what Coach Chastain had told us," Marcum said. "I hated to do it, but that was the reason we had to fire him."

I do not personally know what converstions have taken place between the TSSAA and the adminstration. They may have contacted the TSSAA themselves at some point.

Here are some facts for you:

1.) There were two kids from CSAS who participated in spring practice at Temple.

2.) One of the two kids brought his red and black Temple helmet and shoulder pads to school and Dragoo saw them and the kid told him he was practicing at Temple.

3.) Temple never contacted the TSSAA, they called Temple.

4.) If Chastain and Kell and anybody else did not realize that there was something wrong with these kids from CSAS coming to practice everyday and not students at Temple then they should not be coaching. You dont have to be real smart to know that this was wrong! And for that matter if the new AD could not figure this out he shouldnt be in his job either!

Your post was the first I have ever called stupid. When you started dogging a Jr High kid with "And how stupid is that kid...." joke or not. It's not what you said but how you said it. Think first, then post Yep, Pasture is whistling again

Think first and then post maybe you should try that yourself, i didnt take it as dogging a kid at all, everybody trys so hard to be POLITICALLY correct, he said it the way he wanted to and you say stuff the way you want and by the way the smiley faces where just for you Zone, thought it would match your clothes.

Valid points, but on the surface, it does not involve the administration.

This issue certainly raises more questions than the bartered tuition.

Here are some facts for you:

1.) There were two kids from CSAS who participated in spring practice at Temple.

2.) One of the two kids brought his red and black Temple helmet and shoulder pads to school and Dragoo saw them and the kid told him he was practicing at Temple.

3.) Temple never contacted the TSSAA, they called Temple.

4.) If Chastain and Kell and anybody else did not realize that there was something wrong with these kids from CSAS coming to practice everyday and not students at Temple then they should not be coaching. You dont have to be real smart to know that this was wrong! And for that matter if the new AD could not figure this out he shouldnt be in his job either!

Valid points, but on the surface, it does not involve the administration.

This issue certainly raises more questions than the bartered tuition.

It absolutely does involve the administration.

1.) Lack of institutuional control.

2.) Hiring coaches and/or athletic administrators who either do not know the rules or ignore them.

3.) Choosing not to "self report" violations to the TSSAA.