Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

The Temple sports family has long felt that Hargiss did not like Temple for numerous reasons. It is an inside thing and too lengthy to try and post on Coacht. It is really more of something that is felt than proven.

I have admitted that I thought that Hargiss was doing a thorough job of researching the issue and writing about it but we at Temple question the underlying motive.

If you were at Temple and had been around the athletic program, then you knew Stump's questions were leading. He was not trying to get Scott to tell the truth. He was leading him in an attempt to bash Temple. Scott thinks Stump was trying to help him clear his name when in reality Stump was trying to stir up emotions. Most of the peopel at Temple know that Scott lied on the radio and rather then clearing his name, he ended up muddying up the waters.

The administration tried to let him go quietly without having to tell the whole world why he really got fired. For being dishonest.

You guys need to quit using the term "violation." So far there are only issues, not violations. The TSSAA needs to charge us with a violation or shut up. We are not in denial. But so far the only thing any of us at Temple really know about the issues are what we have read in the paper and heard on the radio or discussed among ourselves.

I don't care what Hargiss writes in the paper, until the TSSAA makes an official charge, then I am not going to spend a whole lot of time worrying over "he said, she said" and forced interpretations of rules, and trying to read between the lines.

Which would be better for us? To give our principal and AD the benefit of the doubt and be patient and see the outcome or get ourselves all worked up into a frenzy for no good reason?

Some of you guys really have a struggle with reading comprehension. You continue to put stuff in the equation that is not there. You keep saying that Temple did not self-report. We do not know what all the administration did or did not do. Caleb Markham has been coaching long enough to know about the self-report issue. Maybe he was in the process of reporting and was pre-empted. Maybe he did self-report but found out in reporting that someone else already had. They guy came on board at the end of school and and Scott was dismissed within a month or so after school was out. In perspective, I would say that Caleb Markham probably handled the situation quickly and decisively and if he did not self-report, I am going to guess that he was in the process of doing so.

Temple is not trying to cover up anything or avoid any consequences. They want to get to the bottom of this as much as anyone else.

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Temple sports family has long felt that Hargiss did not like Temple for numerous reasons. It is an inside thing and too lengthy to try and post on Coacht. It is really more of something that is felt than proven.

I have admitted that I thought that Hargiss was doing a thorough job of researching the issue and writing about it but we at Temple question the underlying motive.

If you were at Temple and had been around the athletic program, then you knew Stump's questions were leading. He was not trying to get Scott to tell the truth. He was leading him in an attempt to bash Temple. Scott thinks Stump was trying to help him clear his name when in reality Stump was trying to stir up emotions. Most of the peopel at Temple know that Scott lied on the radio and rather then clearing his name, he ended up muddying up the waters.

The administration tried to let him go quietly without having to tell the whole world why he really got fired. For being dishonest.

You guys need to quit using the term "violation." So far there are only issues, not violations. The TSSAA needs to charge us with a violation or shut up. We are not in denial. But so far the only thing any of us at Temple really know about the issues are what we have read in the paper and heard on the radio or discussed among ourselves.

I don't care what Hargiss writes in the paper, until the TSSAA makes an official charge, then I am not going to spend a whole lot of time worrying over "he said, she said" and forced interpretations of rules, and trying to read between the lines.

Which would be better for us? To give our principal and AD the benefit of the doubt and be patient and see the outcome or get ourselves all worked up into a frenzy for no good reason?

Some of you guys really have a struggle with reading comprehension. You continue to put stuff in the equation that is not there. You keep saying that Temple did not self-report. We do not know what all the administration did or did not do. Caleb Markham has been coaching long enough to know about the self-report issue. Maybe he was in the process of reporting and was pre-empted. Maybe he did self-report but found out in reporting that someone else already had. They guy came on board at the end of school and and Scott was dismissed within a month or so after school was out. In perspective, I would say that Caleb Markham probably handled the situation quickly and decisively and if he did not self-report, I am going to guess that he was in the process of doing so.

Temple is not trying to cover up anything or avoid any consequences. They want to get to the bottom of this as much as anyone else.

I can already see your angle when the big hammer drops you wil say it is stump and hargiss to blame .Like I said we have no choice but to wait on that official charge.If ZP is right that wont be long.DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL

I can already see your angle when the big hammer drops you wil say it is stump and hargiss to blame .Like I said we have no choice but to wait on that official charge.If ZP is right that wont be long.DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL

right, Shoot the messenger.

I guess the 4 million stories Stump and Steven have done over the last two years on Temple athletics are because they don't like them.

Hargis is talking to the TSSAA also. Unfortunately you may get your wish real soon. Check your PM

right, Shoot the messenger.

I guess the 4 million stories Stump and Steven have done over the last two years on Temple athletics are because they don't like them.

No, the 4 million stores Stump and Steven have done over the last two years on Temple athletics are because they make their money selling papers and getting people to tune in their television and radio broadcasts.

Very good post I was just thinking the same thing.He has covered football and basketball boys and girls very well.

I don't think Steven has an axe to grind either. He is a news reporter and this is a big story. His job is to sell papers (and Stumps job is to sell ad time). The rumors on Temple have been making the rounds for a couple of years and he has been doing his homework. You know the smoke - fire deal. When all is said and done Temple has no one to blame but themselves (read Admin, coaches and some boosters). The rumors have swirled yet the Admin did not correct the problems. The kids and families at Temple will be the ones that will pay the biggest price. Losing titles, etc is not the biggest loss because most of those kids are gone, it is the effects that the present group of kids will face. Pretty sad really.

You are smarter than that. My comments about Hargiss and Stump focus on the fact that they do not get paid to report the whole truth and nothing but the truth. They get paid to sell news.

For example, on the radio Steven Hargiss said that it was a clear cut violation for the Skogen boys to receive financial aid. If you do not have a critical, discerning ear, you just assume, "Well, he is right. That is pretty cut and dry" and you just agree with him and go on, much the same way we watch television programs. But, the thing he left out and many people need to think about for themselves, is did the Skogen boys actually receive financial aid. Now, I know you are going to initially answer that question based upon your predisposed position. The truth is, you do not like Temple. It is obvious by your posts. You want to believe the worst about us. Back out of the circle for a second and think unbiasedly instead of someone who is trying to force something that may not really be there.

I have said before, if Temple is guilty of wrongdoing, then charge us with it, penalize us, lay it on us. We should suffer the consequences and do it joyfully. If you do not mind, though, I think I will wait until the TSSAA makes an official ruling before I bend over and grab my toes.

No, the 4 million stores Stump and Steven have done over the last two years on Temple athletics are because they make their money selling papers and getting people to tune in their television and radio broadcasts.

Sorry but Temple doesn't have that big of a following.

good post pasture

Correct me if I am wrong- but any violations by chastain or any practicing violations with this years football team does NOT affect last years accomplishments...the lack of knowledge and present ignorance might affect last years accomplishments, however, any recruiting violations which happened after basketball season, those would not affect what the kids were able to do last year does it????

I think part of the problem on these boards is jealousy, confusion and hatred.

People are jealous of all Temple's pub and success, confused as to how a high school with 100 kids can do so well in sports, and hate them for that...if you don't admit that you have a biased you are as stupid as whoever you think is the dumbest person on this board