Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must not read the news paper, or can you not read well. The AD said he called TSSAA and that they cleared the two kids in question. Go back and get someone to read you the paper of Aug.17, 2007I am going to laugh when chastain gets cleared and everyone else is lefted holding the bag.

priceless!

His name was "Roberson." A street in front of the church is named after the man. Can you not get that much right?

I am just a Temple football fan never followed them til they got to the playoffs, good players, coaches, and school. I am glad you gave me his right name. l have never been to the school or church but I know Dr. Roberson was a very good man, and you can not deny that.

Dr. Roberson was legendary. I have no affiliation with the Baptist church, but he was, to my knowledge, a highly honorable community servant, and leader of Highland Park & Temple. I trust that you would be correct in thinking that some things would be different under his leadership.

Erik Larson practiced with Temple during the spring while he was a student at SE. This is another clear violation. This goes back to Skogen and Beard as the head coaches and Wadley as the AD.

What were they thinking? I know what Wadley was thinking... I am out of here.

Kevin Skogen was the head coach when Larson practiced. He was the head coach for the entire time Temple has had a football team. I believe that Kevin Skogen was told that this policy (letting kids practice who were not attending Temple) was okay. The question is who told him it was okay and how long had things like this gone at Temple and was football the only sport it happened in?

Yes, and many others do to. The TSSAA and the TFP need to be the ones to go down that road. He has deep pockets and I was told is talking about lawsuits.

Today is the first day I found this web site, so I am new, zonepirate, I thought was a So. Pitt. fan , now I dont know. He much know deep pockets who ever that is, but what does TFP mean. also what would deep pockets have to file a law suit over, no one but u seen to know him, unless u r the deep pocket man himself. new to board be nice.

Nobody at Temple puts any credence in what Scott Chastain has to say about anything at this point. We are all tired of his lies and weak attempts to cover his own rear and take out his vengeance on the school. Scott's whole life revolved around being the head football coach and when he robbed himself of the privilege with his dishonesty and other questionable practices, he is lashing out and pouting about it. If you believe everything that Scott says, then you are very gullible. Scott has proven that he does not care who he hurts as long as he gets what he wants.

You guys surely are smart enough at this point to know that you cannot trust what you read on Coacht, the place where we all get to hide behind our anonymity and try to make you think that we know more than we do and convince you we are more important than we really are. During basketball season a kid got on the basketball forum and started a thread about who was the best point guard in Chattanooga and he apparently had two names and talked about himself in one of the first posts.

We get on here and post unintentional half-truths about what we thought we saw or heard or what we assume really did happen. We hate what is going on at the school. We hate that the current administration has done some grantedly pretty stupid stuff. You guys keep accusing us of being in denial. Do you think we are stupid? We know what we have seen and what we have not seen. We are at the school some of the time or all the time. We cannot get on here and just agree with stuff we do not have a clue about just because you say so. You call denial. We call it plain old fashioned common sense. We could use a little more of it on these boards.

Since we have not taken the time and effort to conduct an investigation on our own, calling coaches, the TSSAA, talking to Temple staff, looking at records, etc., we have no choice but to simply wait and let the school's attorneys do their jobs.

When actual charges are levied and punishments handed out and appeals done with, you will not find one of us Temple fans on here denying anything.

Old Pirate says, Pasture you are obviously an informed TT fan, so can/will you acknowledge/confirm that the QB for the team participated in spring practice for Temple. Rumor has it he did practice with the TT team while still attending SE Whitfield. Old Pirate is just attempting to clear this rumor up...................................... or perhaps another TT fan can help.................