Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me thinks Pasture was the first to confirm kids from other schools practicing. I commented if he was up close or passing by. Now he drops the innocent line again, about basketball. Like he did prior to it coming out about the spring FB practice. I say pay attention to what he posts. I think he is real close to the investigation. I also on another occasion remember him be reprimanded by a TT upper about acting out of line on TTs behalf when posting. ( during FB season)So here's another clue, I think. About whats to come next. Lets watch and see. Seems he just may have an agenda all his own.

Mo$$, you are talking about two different issues. The issue that I wrote about not knowing anything was the 2006 spring practice where Erik and his friends showed up. I do not know if he -or his friends - practiced or not. This past spring, 2007, I did drive by the practice on the soccer field on my way to an appointment and commented on here about the fact that there were some big kids on the field who I did not recognize.

When I talked about the kids practicing this past spring, it was in complete ignorance that they were not supposed to be there.

No agenda here. Just honest, open discussion on a thread with a few giggles (and sobs) along the way.

Kevin Skogen was the head coach when Larson practiced. He was the head coach for the entire time Temple has had a football team. I believe that Kevin Skogen was told that this policy (letting kids practice who were not attending Temple) was okay. The question is who told him it was okay and how long had things like this gone at Temple and was football the only sport it happened in?

Old Pirate says, GIVE US A BREAK.......... skogen was reportedly (?) a former QB in high and college. IF this is correct..... then he was NOT unfamilar with transfer rules. Old Pirate thought..... he was the architect of the football program. IF this is NOT true, I'm sure some TT fan will be glad to correct this post.

Old Pirate thought the people @ TT where highly intelligent, but ....... according to this thread they all appear unfamilar with ANY sort of rules

You can believe me or not....I don't care....I spoke with an ex-coach friend of mine who knows some people (being obscure is more fun)- The fines will be huge....will probably be covered....the sports programs will suffer so greatly however that Temple will probably leave TSSAA and go back to that christian leage- TACS or something like that.....that's my prediction.....I will say that I USED to work for TSSAA....

You can believe me or not....I don't care....I spoke with an ex-coach friend of mine who knows some people (being obscure is more fun)- The fines will be huge....will probably be covered....the sports programs will suffer so greatly however that Temple will probably leave TSSAA and go back to that christian leage- TACS or something like that.....that's my prediction.....I will say that I USED to work for TSSAA....

Old Pirate asks, (1) IF TT gets the death penalty, will it be retroactive, if not how long would they be allowed to continue? The school would be currently in season for football. (2) What steps would TT likely take to desolve current contracts that would create financial hurdles for the schools involved?

I suspect that Chastain is lying to cover his rear. Those papers he read on the radio do not mean anything. How did he know which kids to go and get papers from?

I think that the kids in which he got the papers from are the ones that were with Larson when he was visiting the school. Some friends came up with Larson while he took a look around and they ran into Chastain. The same kids were pulled into this due to the fact that SE thought that they had been recruited during this visit. This is of course coming from Chastain's interview on the radio in which you say he was lying. He could have been, I do not know. I'm only saying why he got papers from those kids in particular.

It would not have stood out to me if he did because I did not know that it was a big deal for a kid who was going to be attending the school to participate in spring football practice, seeing how they were not preparing or playing in a game that mattered.

I can understand why it wouldn't stand out to you if you thought that it was not a big deal. However; if he was enrolled at SE and did practice at Temple, to the TSSAA this would be a really big deal. Someone did suggest though that he may have been home schooled. If that is the case then it might change things.

Also, I do hate that the kids names are being brought up (yes, I know I have been using their names as well). Even if this does revolve around the kids, they are not at fault but unfortunately their names are being mentioned.

I think that the kids in which he got the papers from are the ones that were with Larson when he was visiting the school. Some friends came up with Larson while he took a look around and they ran into Chastain. The same kids were pulled into this due to the fact that SE thought that they had been recruited during this visit. This is of course coming from Chastain's interview on the radio in which you say he was lying. He could have been, I do not know. I'm only saying why he got papers from those kids in particular.

I can understand why it wouldn't stand out to you if you thought that it was not a big deal. However; if he was enrolled at SE and did practice at Temple, to the TSSAA this would be a really big deal. Someone did suggest though that he may have been home schooled. If that is the case then it might change things.

Also, I do hate that the kids names are being brought up (yes, I know I have been using their names as well). Even if this does revolve around the kids, they are not at fault but unfortunately their names are being mentioned.

Old Pirate says unfortunate as it may be..... you could not have any type of credible discussion if specifics were not named/identified. OP thinks it is highly unlikely Larson was being home schooled. The reports say several SE Whitfield students also toured the school. This alone indicates he was @ SE Whitfield.

I believe the post that brought up a lawyer was talking about the booster getting a lawyer...I would already assume that Temple has their lawyers close by.....

Correct. Temple already has their own lawyers which I think was a good idea for them. The Admin is obviously not very smart when it comes to TSSAA affairs.