Temple in Trouble?

OLD PIRATE

They have to send in a report every year

3. Non-faculty coach - - Anyone approved by the principal, superintendent, and/or local board of education in the normal course of employment procedures in accordance with applicable state law. All non-faculty coaches shall be submitted to the state office annually. Use of a non-faculty coach who has not met all the requirements listed below or who has not been submitted to the state office shall result in a fine of $500.00.

Zone you was at the FC game. Who was the head coach then? I know there was a bunch of folks on the sidelines. Another question is who was the star College kid and his coach maybe that was helping the team for the playoffs. Thats another questionable thing to talk about. Was that legal???

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good meeting you at the jamboree. I think it will be a while before it's all settled. First the TSSAA will present it's findings and penalities. Then Temple can appeal some or all of it and Temple can also appeal to the Board of Control. Since Temple is getting their lawyers involved a lawsuit is also possible. It may be a while before any penalties would go into effect. Brentwoods case lasted 10 years and went to the Supreme Court. Of course I don't think Temple has Brentwood's $$$$.

In any case I would expect the game to be played, probably the whole season

First, maybe Temple needs to start considering what Mike Vick should be doing......looking at the possibility of a plea!

Second, how many years has Temple had a high school football team and who has been listed as the head coach officially. Was Beard a certified teacher or meet the other criteria? Kell? Skogen? Chastain? Brown? Wadley? Obama????

Good meeting you at the jamboree. I think it will be a while before it's all settled. First the TSSAA will present it's findings and penalities. Then Temple can appeal some or all of it and Temple can also appeal to the Board of Control. Since Temple is getting their lawyers involved a lawsuit is also possible. It may be a while before any penalties would go into effect. Brentwoods case lasted 10 years and went to the Supreme Court. Of course I don't think Temple has Brentwood's $$$$.

In any case I would expect the game to be played, probably the whole season

First, maybe Temple needs to start considering what Mike Vick should be doing......looking at the possibility of a plea!

Second, how many years has Temple had a high school football team and who has been listed as the head coach officially each of those years? Was Beard a certified teacher or meet the other criteria? Kell? Skogen? Chastain? Brown? Wadley? Obama????

Zone you was at the FC game. Who was the head coach then? I know there was a bunch of folks on the sidelines. Another question is who was the star College kid and his coach maybe that was helping the team for the playoffs. Thats another questionable thing to talk about. Was that legal???

As long as Coach Skogen is submitted to the TSSAA as a non-faculty coach and he took the class/tests he can coach. He could be co-head as long as a faculty member is listed as head coach, even if all he really does is watch he is the one responsible. If he had 5 years of experence as an assistant then he could be head coach. I think he was refered to as co-head coach in football. Now in Basketball everything I've heard, including his statements, said he was the head coach this past year. I have not idea how long he has been an assistant but he has had kids playing sports at Temple for many years. With all the things Temple Admin has messed up I would not be surprised if some of the paperwork was messed up too

I bet he claimed to be the head coach when they said will the head coach please step up and accept the region championship trophy. Am I correct??

I bet he was the one on the field for every game in the pre game rule meeting with the refs. Am I correct?

I bet when asked who was the head coach of the Temple football team. After the region play. Everyone said Skogen. Now if that isnt proof of claiming the job what is? I personally remember asking who is that big kid there and a Temple Parent said, Thats the head coaches son. I guess they didnt know either. That was at FC, game 11.

I also bet if they wanted to do a TV program on Temples football team for 2006. He would be named the coach. Now,,, this comes about and he was never the head coach. I say get a gip folks. You must think we bought Clintons story about, I did not have sexual relations with that woman.. Sounds just as stupid. Or O.J.s story. I didnt kill anybody, look the glove dont fit. Shheeez. You guys need to be selling cars at a buy here pay here.

Unfortunately you are wrong about almost everything- steve beard was the only coach who met with the refs- pre game rule meetings.....he got water dumped on him after the thrashing of SP- Beard was the one who was always interviewed after the game by TV and the like- he shook the head coaches hand first and foremost....Beard represented the team to receive the awards....everything....so again...people like you make things up and act like you are right just because you can hide behind a name....(I know this because I asked about it during temple's season...and a coach confirmed everything I just said).... your ignorance is only overcome by your supreme arrogance..

As long as Coach Skogen is submitted to the TSSAA as a non-faculty coach and he took the class/tests he can coach. He could be co-head as long as a faculty member is listed as head coach, even if all he really does is watch he is the one responsible. If he had 5 years of experence as an assistant then he could be head coach. I think he was refered to as co-head coach in football. Now in Basketball everything I've heard, including his statements, said he was the head coach this past year. I have not idea how long he has been an assistant but he has had kids playing sports at Temple for many years. With all the things Temple Admin has messed up I would not be surprised if some of the paperwork was messed up too

you are correct in the rules that you stated, but let me tell you of a conversation i had with bernard childress of tssaa last year. we had a similar discussion about head coaches who were not faculty members and did not have 5 years of the required experience as stated in the by laws. he told me that these were more of a guide line than an actual rule. he said no school has ever been fined over this rule , because they know how hard it is for some schools to get a coach who is a faculty member. he said the bottom line is that principals can hire whoever they want.

He had been the basketball assistant for 7 years BEFORE being named the head coach....might be the only thing temple didn't screw up...

you are correct in the rules that you stated, but let me tell you of a conversation i had with bernard childress of tssaa last year. we had a similar discussion about head coaches who were not faculty members and did not have 5 years of the required experience as stated in the by laws. he told me that these were more of a guide line than an actual rule. he said no school has ever been fined over this rule , because they know how hard it is for some schools to get a coach who is a faculty member. he said the bottom line is that principals can hire whoever they want.

Enforced or not it is a actual rule

Unfortunately you are wrong about almost everything- steve beard was the only coach who met with the refs- pre game rule meetings.....he got water dumped on him after the thrashing of SP- Beard was the one who was always interviewed after the game by TV and the like- he shook the head coaches hand first and foremost....Beard represented the team to receive the awards....everything....so again...people like you make things up and act like you are right just because you can hide behind a name....(I know this because I asked about it during temple's season...and a coach confirmed everything I just said).... your ignorance is only overcome by your supreme arrogance..

Well hop de do. Now someone finally answered the question everyone has been asking. Who was the head coach. Now dont that place the blame square on Steve Beards back??

Ignorance runs closer to Temple. Or this would not be an issue now. Along with the arrogance thats been displayed with all the denial on this board.

Everyone confused as to who the head coach really was. Do you see that being a problem with any school but Temple? As we are led to beleive by Temple fans own admission, the coaches are questionable to their word. How do you know you got the correct answer asking them? I guess soon we all will know who the liars are. Then I will get back with you and give you my name, address, and phone number by messaging so as not to hide behind a screen name. But first you need not be so cheap and pay to be a member so you can receive the message.

A Temple coach???? That may not be the best source to reference.

I actually don't think this is or will be an issue

Kevin did interviews after the games.

I was there. (that doesn't mean he was the head coach) Just telling what I actually OBSERVED. He also gave 90% of the post-game speeches after the games. (when the Temple faithful would gather on the field)

Would the real coach stand up? Probably not because then someone would have to take responsibility. Unfortunately this has to go back to Dan Wadley who was the AD and to the principal at the time. (Hunt??) We know for sure they were in those positions.

I agree... this is not the issue but is probably a symptom that helped put them in this situation.