TricitiesSports.com Preseason Top 10

PowrPlus

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tricitiessports does a good job with coverage, but when it comes to opinions and reasonable thinking

You will soon figure out that this is a DB alumni website. Like you said their coverage of NET high school sports is untouched by anyone, but you do have to look through their lopsided and sometimes ludicrous opinions and poles. If DB would have beaten THS by one more touchdown they would have been ranked in the #1 spot.

Cap1,

I believe there is only one D-B alum that writes for TriCitiesSports.com...and he doesn't have any input into the polls...the owner/editor is from Iowa, the assistant editor is from South, a couple of Church Hill (Volunteer) guys write, there is a North writer (maybe Ketron or Lynn View grad), a Central writer/photographer, one from Gate City and many others...now there are a few more D-B grads that are part of the picking panel, but that is because they are media guys and invited to participate with the regular writers (just like Viking Voice, but he is not a D-B grad)...in fact, the TCS.com Pickin' Panel was won last year by a D-B grad (the one that writes for TCS.com)...

Roll Tribe Roll

This is this weeks TriCitiesSports.com NET top 10:

#1 - SULLIVAN SOUTH(won)

#2 – GREENEVILLE (won)

#3 - DOBYNS-BENNETT(won)

#4 - MORRISTOWN WEST(lost)

#5 - MORRISTOWN EAST(bye)

#6 - TENNESSEE HIGH(lost)

#7 - SCIENCE HILL(lost)

#8 - JEFFERSON COUNTY(lost)

#9 - VOLUNTEER(bye)

#10 - ELIZABETHTON(won)

This is how I would rank this week.

#1 - SULLIVAN SOUTH

#2 – DOBYNS-BENNETT

#3 - MORRISTOWN WEST

#4 - MORRISTOWN EAST

#5 - TENNESSEE HIGH

#6 - SCIENCE HILL

#7 - HAMPTON

#8 - GREENEVILLE

#9 - JOHNSON COUNTY

#10 - VOLUNTEER

Why would someone like you complain about TC sports? Vikings lost and moved up in the TC sports poll. Oh, by the way I don't recognize your poll. Which I think is a joke. If the Vikings would have lost by 3 or less you would probably have them in the top 3. I had a friend, at work which is a die hard Indian fan and he said both teams looked pretty sad. No doubt those boys from Sullivan County needs to be #1. Keep up the good work TricitiesSports, you do a great job.

Hampton is by far better than a lot of the teams on this list I believe the larger schools underestimate them for some reason. They destroy all the teams they play and still get no respect. Last year, Hampton turned the ball over 5 times and still barely lost to Johnson Co. Johnson Co. just about beat Tenn High and Sullivan South. I would love to see what Hampton could do against those other 2 4A teams. They absolutely ran all over Johnson Co. this year. They beat Elizabethton's brains in during the passing league and it would be even uglier in a real game due to Hamptons superior running game and strength up front. We shall see what happens when Elizabethton and Johnson Co. play...

They beat Elizabethton's brains in during the passing league and it would be even uglier in a real game due to Hamptons superior running game and strength up front. We shall see what happens when Elizabethton and Johnson Co. play...

LOL you must have seen a different PLS than I did,,,, It was pretty much even from where i was sitting and who care anyway does PLS mean anything? NO Its just work for the kids to learn what they are suppose to do... GEZ I am glad Hampton won friday and I think they can go deep into the play-offs. I would love to see Eliz and Hampton play in football it would be a great game but it will never happen neither school wants to play each other. But i dont think Hampton could beat EHS this year it would be a very close game, the last few years id say they had a good shot at it and thats due to lack of coaching a attitudes on the team.

Cap1,

I believe there is only one D-B alum that writes for TriCitiesSports.com...and he doesn't have any input into the polls...the owner/editor is from Iowa, the assistant editor is from South, a couple of Church Hill (Volunteer) guys write, there is a North writer (maybe Ketron or Lynn View grad), a Central writer/photographer, one from Gate City and many others...now there are a few more D-B grads that are part of the picking panel, but that is because they are media guys and invited to participate with the regular writers (just like Viking Voice, but he is not a D-B grad)...in fact, the TCS.com Pickin' Panel was won last year by a D-B grad (the one that writes for TCS.com)...

Roll Tribe Roll

Then that would make you T Throp.Father of all the #20s.

LOL you must have seen a different PLS than I did,,,, It was pretty much even from where i was sitting and who care anyway does PLS mean anything? NO Its just work for the kids to learn what they are suppose to do... GEZ I am glad Hampton won friday and I think they can go deep into the play-offs. I would love to see Eliz and Hampton play in football it would be a great game but it will never happen neither school wants to play each other. But i dont think Hampton could beat EHS this year it would be a very close game, the last few years id say they had a good shot at it and thats due to lack of coaching a attitudes on the team.

The only team in this area that I would say Hampton COULD NOT beat is Sullivan South. End of story. DB is alittle better than Bristol, and Bristol is about the same as JCHS. Do the math. Morristown West got beat like 49-0 didnt they? I don't care if they got beat 49-0 to the New England Patriots. They got beat 49-0. PERIOD....

And do you honestly believe Elizabethton could beat Hampton??? You only beat an pitiful HV team by 18 points. And you think you can beat Hampton? They would have had 24 points on HV in the 1st quarter... C'mon. Just because you coaches name is Witten doesnt mean crap.