DB vs. William Blount

db123

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure people are going to be picking Blount, but does anyone think DB has a good chance? What all does Blount have coming back besides Walker? Anyone know?

35-14 and don't ask me if we will be 2-0 after next week.Sevier Co. can't be that bad {27-0}. We will have to be able to pass and play much better defense than thursday night. High hopes will not win games, it comes down to can our small outside LB's and db's, stop the run and pass.We have a chance,but it may be in China. I will however turn my old cap around and toss some salt over my shoulder.

I have no idea who will win or what the score will be. I do know that it will be a close game and might come down to the wire. The team who has the ball last and has the better field goal kicker probably has the best chance to win this one. I think it will be a defensive struggle just from reading the game threads of DB's and WB's first game. William Blount has a big and physical offensive line, but DB's defensive front is quick and I'm sure Catfish will have some new stunts for the Govs offense. G-man will put his offense in the best position to succeed, it will be up to the kids to execute the right play calls.

Roll Tribe

I have no idea who will win or what the score will be. I do know that it will be a close game and might come down to the wire. The team who has the ball last and has the better field goal kicker probably has the best chance to win this one. I think it will be a defensive struggle just from reading the game threads of DB's and WB's first game. William Blount has a big and physical offensive line, but DB's defensive front is quick and I'm sure Catfish will have some new stunts for the Govs offense. G-man will put his offense in the best position to succeed, it will be up to the kids to execute the right play calls.

Roll Tribe

Well Said Hinck..... If the games play out as in the past we will be there till the final seconds tick off the clock.. I'll wish for saftey for all the players and the fans on the "looooong" trip down here, during the game and the trip home. Look forward to another great game....WB apears to be healthy..Hope DB is the same...

Gov Man Your views of the SC game is right on ... The offense was hard to look at in the first half...Played better in the second.. Sure would have hated to be part of the halftime talk... I know I'm one the wrong thread but I can't get the SC thread to let me reply... Sorry about the trouble I caused by inviting our Rebel Bretheren to the game... I just thought they might be bored sitting at home on week zero.. (BTW I did see a couple of them there.. but we won't mention any names to protect the innocent...)

GO GOVS

83Southrebel...

The game is at WB....I got quite a reaction on another thread by extending a invite to come watch but I will risk it again... Anyone sitting home on a off night or who just doesn't have anything better to do are welcome to come and watch two teams play in what has become a hard fought battle whenever they meet. (we could also use the money... )

GO GOVS

If I recall, conference coaches voted DB #3 behind Bearden and Sevier Co. In fact, we may struggle for 3rd place with Science Hill - or so they say. Heaven help us if we're really that bad! If they're wrong, anything could happen Thursday. If they are right, it will be the worst stomping DB has had in a long time. I personally think the coaches MAY be right after seeing DB them play TN High but I'm hoping they're wrong. But you never know what to expect from an under-dog DB team. Real interesting plays seem to happen spontaneously at times. They always seem to do better than expected.

So guys (DB), consider yourselves underdogs and be ready to fight as hard as you can. We'll be in the visitor stands pulling for ya. That female screaming for you will likely be my daughter.

Roll Tribe! Surprise the Govs

If I recall, conference coaches voted DB #3 behind Bearden and Sevier Co. In fact, we may struggle for 3rd place with Science Hill - or so they say. Heaven help us if we're really that bad! If they're wrong, anything could happen Thursday. If they are right, it will be the worst stomping DB has had in a long time. I personally think the coaches MAY be right after seeing DB them play TN High but I'm hoping they're wrong. But you never know what to expect from an under-dog DB team. Real interesting plays seem to happen spontaneously at times. They always seem to do better than expected.

So guys (DB), consider yourselves underdogs and be ready to fight as hard as you can. We'll be in the visitor stands pulling for ya. That female screaming for you will likely be my daughter.

Roll Tribe! Surprise the Govs

I'm not so sure if Sevier County is all that strong. It is really hard to tell where D-B, Science Hill and others are after one game. They say the biggest improvements are between the first and second games. We all should know more about these teams after this Friday night.