Smith County @ Gordonsville

croz6110

it appears that way...maybe because in the past, we have had 3 weeks to argue and bicker...now we just have a few days. Oh well, def. not the spiciest Gordonsville/SC thread I have ever seen. But I guess people are more respectful now a days...

Both have pretty good teams this year. I think all of us know it. I guess we'll see Friday who has the best team.

There's really not much to trash talk about.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are ya'll feeding those kids over there? Your guys are huge. Our little DL is tiny. I guess that landfill IS stunting our guy's growth. I hope your guys don't smush (STEAMROLL) our little guys.

Size dont always matter. If it did CC would have wiped the field with GV. Just someone to stand in the way dont work anymore. You dont have to play it off small, I have seen the SC line. Question is can they out play GVs line? We shall see. By the way GVs line is not huge. Just the right size to accomplish what needs to be done. There is none with their bellie dragging the ground and knees bowed in if thats what you think.

Both have pretty good teams this year. I think all of us know it. I guess we'll see Friday who has the best team.

There's really not much to trash talk about.

There you have it. Two very good teams will meet. There is nothing bad to say about either team. People can match and guess match all they want. That dont mean squat. As with SC, GV has key players not even mentioned. Players that will make an impact. I would be suprised to know just the names posted in the match up will contribute to this game. Going by the starting roster wont tell the story.

Size dont always matter. If it did CC would have wiped the field with GV. Just someone to stand in the way dont work anymore. You dont have to play it off small, I have seen the SC line. Question is can they out play GVs line? We shall see. By the way GVs line is not huge. Just the right size to accomplish what needs to be done. There is none with their bellie dragging the ground and knees bowed in if thats what you think.

MO$$$$

Rating: 0

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts

post Aug 25 2007 - 12:29 AM

Post #136

Medalist

Group Icon

Group: CoachT+

Member No.: 85,925

They did have some big boys. Had to get close up to tell. We dont exactally have small guys. looked pretty even in size. Everyone always assumes GV is small.

This post has been edited by MO$$$$: Aug 25 2007 - 12:32 AM

--------------------

Tiger Pride 2007

Hmmmmmm Which is it? I sense a conflict of posts.

Both teams will come in well prepared. Both teams offensive and defensive lines will hold up well. Here is were the separation comes in: Which team will turn the ball over? Which coach will make the correct adjustments to what the other team is doing?

--------------------

Tiger Pride 2007

Hmmmmmm Which is it? I sense a conflict of posts.

Yeah, height wise Gv was pretty much the same. Girth and weight they had two over 300 lbs. I think their line averaged over 250. I think 250 covers our heaviest lineman. Usually GV is short on the line. Looks like midgets playing the lakers at times. This year they have a chance to knock down a pass. Hence they are just about even across the line. As they will be with SC. SC #3 is identical size as GV T/G #59. If you need a comparison. Seen them side by side this year. As they are friends.

There will be a lot of friends bumping heads Friday night. Thats why I havent talked trash. I respect them being friends and I know and like SCs bunch of kids also. Met most of them at little league, and babe ruth baseball over the years. I would hope everyone else in here thats in my position feels the same way. And dont start talking trash on the kids.

Both teams will come in well prepared. Both teams offensive and defensive lines will hold up well. Here is were the separation comes in: Which team will turn the ball over? Which coach will make the correct adjustments to what the other team is doing?

Ding, ding, ding. A winner. Smith has 4 of 5 back on the OL, (Bane kid is tough) and Gordonsville 3, so they should be a wash. Same ole, same ole in the front 7 for both. That's why one needs to look at the HC vs. HC, then DC vs. OC, and visa verse. If thats even, check punt coverage, and kickoff coverage units, because that's where mistakes are most frequent this time of the season. Kids are still getting used to the speed. Then turnovers and luck. Should be a good one.

ruse?

Yeah, height wise Gv was pretty much the same. Girth and weight they had two over 300 lbs. I think their line averaged over 250. I think 250 covers our heaviest lineman. Usually GV is short on the line. Looks like midgets playing the lakers at times. This year they have a chance to knock down a pass. Hence they are just about even across the line. As they will be with SC. SC #3 is identical size as GV T/G #59. If you need a comparison. Seen them side by side this year. As they are friends.

There will be a lot of friends bumping heads Friday night. Thats why I havent talked trash. I respect them being friends and I know and like SCs bunch of kids also. Met most of them at little league, and babe ruth baseball over the years. I would hope everyone else in here thats in my position feels the same way. And dont start talking trash on the kids.

I don't expect any to do that...at least any from this county.

You stepped out of that one pretty well. We know how big your guys are...you know the same.

Okay folks I am not going to upset anyone on this thread therefore I will keep my prediction to myself (at least they way that I picked it on The Big Ones) Why should it matter anyway???? I was a WHOPPING 29-20 during last week's schedule if memory serves me correctly.

For Smith Co. to win the game they have to slow down the Gordonsville rushing attack and limit the plays Smith can make as a dual threat QB.

For Gordonsville to win they must be able to run the football with some effectiveness and make a play or two through the air.

I have no doubt that Smith Co. will score. The Owls quarterback is very good and they can throw the football. If Rich is able to run the ball (which is something G'Ville never allowed Cheatham Co. to do with much success last week) then the Owls will win hands down. I DON'T CARE HOW MANY POINTS GORDONSVILLE SCORES!!!!

I do predict a highly competitve contest and who knows IT MAY WIND UP GOING AN EXTRA FRAME OR TWO when the horn sounds to end regulation. I'd love to see it in person but that drive is just too far for me to be making on a weekly basis. Oh well, hopefully 104.5 will send someone that way to give a recap so now I'll just be like most others and sit back to enjoy the BIG SHOW

BTW, the offensive and defensive line for Gordonsville is very very good. They may have three guys with their hands on the ground in that 50 defense but those three young men are some players no doubt about it. I thought G'Ville's offensive line got somewhat lazy in the third quarter and early in the fourth last week but they came up big late in the game when they had to when CC tied the game at 21-21. Davis should have bought all of those guys a free pizza to enjoy on Friday night