KEV-O

Is the marching band a sport?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Is the marching band a sport?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read post 140 and 141. That video just shows how good of shape they have to been in but being in shape does not make it a sport. Tell me what you think about those two post.

Watch it again they said during the show the heart rate and Oxygen intake are like running a 800 meter dash. PLus the post you point out........ wha?

This all settles it. This should end the conversation. Proof is in the pudding.Band is just as athletic as any other sport whether anybody calls it a sport or not.Case closed!!!!

sorry but i thought post 140 and 141 settled it go back and look. It is not considered a sport it is defied as entertainment

sorry but i thought post 140 and 141 settled it go back and look. It is not considered a sport it is defied as entertainment

I don't see where they called it a sport. They are saying that it is just as athletic as a sport. Give in there KEV-O, Band is a very active "performing art". How ya like that? I said it, but it sure was hard to type out. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I don't see where they called it a sport. They are saying that it is just as athletic as a sport. Give in there KEV-O, Band is a very active "performing art". How ya like that? I said it, but it sure was hard to type out. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Ill take that lol performing art is respectable

If band is so hard an yall practice so much then why do yall play the same stuff all year, why not play something new?

b/c we do play different things all year in the stand but like any football team who has to perfect thier defensive and offensive plays we have to perfect our movements and our tone as well as marching in step all turning in the same direction at the same time so just as you run plays repetatively in pracetice we go over our forms set by set. oh and yes band is a sport this coming from one who has mrached an instrument marched in the colorguard and played several sports the require just as much physical ability and endurace as band oh yeah this is also coming from someone who has grown up around football all her life. i never said that it was harder than football but is still a sport never the less.