Ooltewah vs Billy Blunt

bipbopzot

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! WB really pounded the owls tonight. However, I know the Owls are young and talented. The Owls should not be down and out, WB is a solid team as DB found out the first game of the season. There is still plenty of room for improvement and it is easy to have a fall apart game this early in the season. Good luck to both teams.

I take my hat off to WB! What a well coached, disciplined football team. The BEST team won the game, no excuses. With the exception of a few players, "our" team never showed up for the game. It was sad to watch. It's been a long time since I have seen such a bad perofrmance for the owls. I hope this game was a wake up call for the rest of thier season. I never they they would go undefeated, but I sure didn't expect the beating we took last night either. I'll cheer for them regardless, I still see them making it to the play-offs.

Good Luck Owls, and again CONGRATS Gov's......you came to the game ready to play, no, I take that back, you came to the game ready to WIN. Hopefully we will get you next time around.

I take my hat off to WB! What a well coached, disciplined football team. The BEST team won the game, no excuses. With the exception of a few players, "our" team never showed up for the game. It was sad to watch. It's been a long time since I have seen such a bad perofrmance for the owls. I hope this game was a wake up call for the rest of thier season. I never they they would go undefeated, but I sure didn't expect the beating we took last night either. I'll cheer for them regardless, I still see them making it to the play-offs.

Good Luck Owls, and again CONGRATS Gov's......you came to the game ready to play, no, I take that back, you came to the game ready to WIN. Hopefully we will get you next time around.

Thanks Owlfanatic. It was certainly William Blount's night last night. I was real proud of them. They are a great group of kids and I'm happy to see them reaping some good results from all the work they've put in.

Ooltewah came out very competitive, caught a few bad breaks, and it just kind of snowballed on them. There's no question in my mind that Marshall is a great rb. When he gets just a little bit of daylight, he can hurt you. Blount did a great job in the second half of adjusting, staying at home on d, plugging up the gaps, and shutting him down. I'm awfully impressed with your young qb also. Yes, he stepped into one of the better defensive performances I've seen in a while (especially 2nd half) but I've still got to believe he put up some pretty decent numbers. Rifle for an arm.

Great group of Ooltewah fans there. You represented your school and community well. Not sure how the rest of this year will turn out for the Owls ... suspect they'll still make playoffs -- but it's scary when you look at their roster and see how many 10th graders on there are playing key roles already.

William Blount ... I've been around since we started the school. There is something special about this team. Lots of skill ... lots of weapons ... lots of heart ... it's gonna be exciting to see how this year pans out. Great job players / great job coaches. We're proud of you all!

You really dont mean that do you???? If you do you are an idiot, 32-0 you really want to play us again, thats stupid. Now if you lost on a last second TD or maybe even SCORED you could say that but your players dont want to, and its a long trip

Ok, I have to say you played a great game. You won. You dominated, but let me give you some background and put a couple of things in perspective for you, if that is ok. I have a feeling it won't but here goes and anyone on here correct me if I am wrong. This bunch of Ooltewah boys have played two games together this year. Not 4 not 3 but 2 games. AP polls are a joke as you can see by our #4 ranking. The press goes by who coaches the teams and how they did last year ect. Our senior QB ,who in my opinion was not very good (sorry) ,quit after the first ballgame of the season. He played backup to Jeremy Woods last year and did know the offense well but just wasn't very talented. The young and very talented QB in the game last night transferred from Baylor and never went through Spring practice with the Owls> He is 15 years old (SOPH)and this is the 3rd yes I said 3rd High school football game he has ever started in. The first game in week zero, he shared time with the senior QB that quit.Also two seniors that started last year were kicked off the team before the season even started replaced by sophs. Number 36, Smith, that was in on most tackles last night is a Soph. This was his third varsity game ever. Yes Brian Marshall is a senior. There are several very good seniors on the team, Caldwell, McReynolds, Norwood so you turn to senior leadership to pull together the team. Now You have this game hyped to the max. Last weekend the "altercation" in North GA happened and the entire week was spent with Detectives at Practice and the head coach reviewing security films. So do you throw it back on Coach Monroe? They have and open date and I am sure he went to a ballgame to scout a team he will play later in the season. While he was gone the altercation happened. Were the players involved with the injury of the students?One was he got kicked off the team this week.They have it all on tape. Did Coach Monroe and other coaches spend all week caught up in meetings and more meetings yes? Was this team ready to play a game last night no. Whose fault was that? The Coaches? Maybe but I don't see how they could have NOT got caught up in all the stuff that went on since it was required by the law enforcement ,principals of the schools ect. Sooo all I am saying is....Is William Blount a better team..yes. Did they come to play yes. But I will tell you this. If you think you whipped a GREAT number 4 ranked fantastic Ooltewah team then go ahead have you day have your WEEK but rest assured the team you beat will not be the team you may have to play later in the year. Do I want to get to play this team again YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Do I think we will NO. But I tell you this much. If you are basing how good you are by beating this team THIS week then be VERY careful. We did beat Mcminn last week-who beat Farragut last night who I don't think you guys have EVER beaten. Correct me if I am wrong. It didnt even look like the same team last night .We will see how good you are next week against the REBELS. Beat them and I'll be a believer. But beating this ever so young, ever so distracted ever so inexperienced team 35-0 is NOT anything to base your GREATNESS on. Yeah ya beat Ooltewah. You beat this year's team NOT last years. Two totally different teams. And if you remember, which I know you do, the Owls didn't look that great in that game either. This Owl team will get better. Give Brady Reed a break your mighty defense was in his face all night. Next week for you will as they say be "a whole different ballgame" The Owls will survive to play another day. Hopefully we can meet again. I think we could give you a better game. Good Luck to ya too. Maryville, Farragut, Mcminn, Oak Ridge. Yeah the season is VERY young. Congrats on a well played game last night. No one can take that away from you.I think Heritage could have kicked our butts last night. Maplewood next and they will come to play. I just hope we do. GO OWLS! Get you heads up and out of your rears and GO TO WORK!! There is alot of season left to be played.

If thats true, and with everything I have heard since last week it does not sound as if Monroe has total control over his football program.

OMG I am sure you were standing on the other side of the field were no one was allowed??36 did not quit. 100% verified. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Okay, the game is over. Let's move on. We lost. Let's concentrate on the rest of the season. We have another game to get ready for in 6 days. We are young, but we also have HEART. Let's get to work and make the rest of the season successful. Learn from the mistakes we made at WB and become a better TEAM.......regardless of how we stand in the region.. Think like winners to be WINNERS! In my mind, we are second to none, now let's play like that! GO OWLS!

I hate Brady Reed. He's all talk at school, then he plays like he did Friday. I don't care if he doesn't know the playbook. He missed SOOOOOOOOOOOO many open guys last night.

And our best player seems to have quit.

This blows.

P.S. From anyone worrying, Maryville will still likely beat the Governors. Our team did absolutely nothing to look better than Bradley Central last night.

Ok, I have to say you played a great game. You won. You dominated, but let me give you some background and put a couple of things in perspective for you, if that is ok. I have a feeling it won't but here goes and anyone on here correct me if I am wrong. This bunch of Ooltewah boys have played two games together this year. Not 4 not 3 but 2 games. AP polls are a joke as you can see by our #4 ranking. The press goes by who coaches the teams and how they did last year ect. Our senior QB ,who in my opinion was not very good (sorry) ,quit after the first ballgame of the season. He played backup to Jeremy Woods last year and did know the offense well but just wasn't very talented. The young and very talented QB in the game last night transferred from Baylor and never went through Spring practice with the Owls> He is 15 years old (SOPH)and this is the 3rd yes I said 3rd High school football game he has ever started in. The first game in week zero, he shared time with the senior QB that quit.Also two seniors that started last year were kicked off the team before the season even started replaced by sophs. Number 36, Smith, that was in on most tackles last night is a Soph. This was his third varsity game ever. Yes Brian Marshall is a senior. There are several very good seniors on the team, Caldwell, McReynolds, Norwood so you turn to senior leadership to pull together the team. Now You have this game hyped to the max. Last weekend the "altercation" in North GA happened and the entire week was spent with Detectives at Practice and the head coach reviewing security films. So do you throw it back on Coach Monroe? They have and open date and I am sure he went to a ballgame to scout a team he will play later in the season. While he was gone the altercation happened. Were the players involved with the injury of the students?One was he got kicked off the team this week.They have it all on tape. Did Coach Monroe and other coaches spend all week caught up in meetings and more meetings yes? Was this team ready to play a game last night no. Whose fault was that? The Coaches? Maybe but I don't see how they could have NOT got caught up in all the stuff that went on since it was required by the law enforcement ,principals of the schools ect. Sooo all I am saying is....Is William Blount a better team..yes. Did they come to play yes. But I will tell you this. If you think you whipped a GREAT number 4 ranked fantastic Ooltewah team then go ahead have you day have your WEEK but rest assured the team you beat will not be the team you may have to play later in the year. Do I want to get to play this team again YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Do I think we will NO. But I tell you this much. If you are basing how good you are by beating this team THIS week then be VERY careful. We did beat Mcminn last week-who beat Farragut last night who I don't think you guys have EVER beaten. Correct me if I am wrong. It didnt even look like the same team last night .We will see how good you are next week against the REBELS. Beat them and I'll be a believer. But beating this ever so young, ever so distracted ever so inexperienced team 35-0 is NOT anything to base your GREATNESS on. Yeah ya beat Ooltewah. You beat this year's team NOT last years. Two totally different teams. And if you remember, which I know you do, the Owls didn't look that great in that game either. This Owl team will get better. Give Brady Reed a break your mighty defense was in his face all night. Next week for you will as they say be "a whole different ballgame" The Owls will survive to play another day. Hopefully we can meet again. I think we could give you a better game. Good Luck to ya too. Maryville, Farragut, Mcminn, Oak Ridge. Yeah the season is VERY young. Congrats on a well played game last night. No one can take that away from you.I think Heritage could have kicked our butts last night. Maplewood next and they will come to play. I just hope we do. GO OWLS! Get you heads up and out of your rears and GO TO WORK!! There is alot of season left to be played.

Just accept a loss loveshsfootball ... just like you and your other fans told us last season. Last year we blamed the officials ... year before last, many of your folks blamed the officials. This year, it was just our night. We were the better team. You're absolutely right, we've got our work cut out for us. We're not basing how good we are on just beating you'all. We're 4 & O ... we've played 3 quality, perennial play-off teams ... our defense has given up 2 touchdowns in 4 games (one off a short-field turnover at like the 6 yd line).

People still don't want to give us credit. Teams that are billed as being "good, quality teams" suddenly become "not really that good, overated" after we beat them. That's ok. We're used to it.