MARYVILLE VS POWELL

cobrajet

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HTV didn't darrel Smith leave the staff as well?

matback be careful about assuming you not what it does to you. I never mentioned Maryville as the school I am talking about misrepresenting their enrollment. If the shoe fits wear it. With all the talk about the overcrowded Maryville high school it is common knowledge they have 1600 + or - students.

As far as being a Central fan yes I am. Out coached by G.Q. not the first time that has happened to Central. We have very good coaches. Maryville just has the best around. Bitter about loosing. No not really. Disappointed would be a better description. Disappointed about what could have been and disappointed in a system that lets a school that has tuition students and transfers from all over play in a classification lower than they should be.

Catholic takes transfers and tuition students and they have to play up a classification.

I apologize for getting off the topic.

Back to the game Maryville just has to many weapons. The best Q.B. they have had in 20 years.

63-9 Maryville

Yes you did yesterday on this very thread in post #32 btw you are correct in Maryvilles enrollment 1600+or - its minus about 250. Not sure what " you not what it does to you" means. Catholic also is a private school that offers finacial assistance to students/athletes. I too apologize for getting off this topic. I asked this question on another thread and never got a reply, does anyone have any idea about 2009 reclassification what region would maryville be in, and who else would move up?

HTV,

I never said he was disrespectful, I just said I have seen his antics/actions on the sidelines at a number of different games and I don't think that it is appropiate. Now do I think you have to stand on the sideline like a statue? No. Just an observation not meant toward you personally.

matback according to an article in the Knoxville News Sentinel in June of 2007 that listed all of the local schools enrollment Maryville was listed at 1600. According to an article last week about the new school Maryville had approx. 1600 students. In post 32 I didn't say Maryville misrepresented their enrollment. But I do find it strange that at the beginning of the year they will have 1300 students and by May they will have 1600. 300 transfers?

Reddevilfever What question?

I did notice that Maryville's rooster seemed to be down in numbers this year. How many players does Maryville have in the program? Powell looked to have good numbers. How many are in the Powell program? Its quality not quantity that will decide this game though and Maryville has more quality football players.

Maryville big! Powell needs to avoid injury to key players so they can make a run at Central, Halls , and West

I have said enough on this topic. So I will have no further comments.

matback according to an article in the Knoxville News Sentinel in June of 2007 that listed all of the local schools enrollment Maryville was listed at 1600. According to an article last week about the new school Maryville had approx. 1600 students. In post 32 I didn't say Maryville misrepresented their enrollment. But I do find it strange that at the beginning of the year they will have 1300 students and by May they will have 1600. 300 transfers?

Reddevilfever What question?

I did notice that Maryville's rooster seemed to be down in numbers this year. How many players does Maryville have in the program? Powell looked to have good numbers. How many are in the Powell program? Its quality not quantity that will decide this game though and Maryville has more quality football players.

Maryville big! Powell needs to avoid injury to key players so they can make a run at Central, Halls , and West

I have said enough on this topic. So I will have no further comments.

Mairvul does thair student count on garbige servuss/recrutin field trip days.

Mairvul actually has a few more out fer football than last yeer.

I look fer a good gaim from Pal.

Maryville will have kids transfer to Alcoa again and keep in 4-A so they dont have to start playing the 5a teams

It is a good thing ALCOA is not on your schedule you would be crying when you couldn`t beat them.Maryville already plays 5A teams in regular season or preseason. How many does Powell play in 5A? How many kids do you have in your school out of district? Maryville will be in 5A soon and maby you can get to the state at that time and stick your chest out with pride knowing that you made it there without playing Maryville /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

How many does Powell play in 5A? How many kids do you have in your school out of district?

Powell has played two 5A schools in Campbell County and Karns this year. They played Farragut last year and the year before that. They generally do play a couple of larger schools each year.

There are very few students at Powell who come from other districts. Powell is a closed zone school, meaning that a student has to physically live in the Powell zone to attend Powell. There are a couple of other Knox County schools that are closed zone schools, including Halls.

The only exception to that rule is if a minority student opts to use the majority to minority rule. They can come to Powell, or any other school in Knox County, where they would be a minority. That is allowed under the no child left behind legislation passed by congress and signed by President Bush a few years back.