Marion Co. @ Tyner

TynerRamFan

Don't worry about it Ram. People believe what they want to believe. Tyner wins this one by 4TDs or more. Good luck to the Ram Train on Friday.

I agree, it not a big deal. If Jasper beats Tyner enough times they won't schedule them anymore. I did see where ya'll changed your homecoming from SP to Red Bank. I'm heartbroken. You guys have some good vittles at homecoming /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, it not a big deal. If Jasper beats Tyner enough times they won't schedule them anymore. I did see where ya'll changed your homecoming from SP to Red Bank. I'm heartbroken. You guys have some good vittles at homecoming /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Actually ZP, it was exactly the same situation as Tyner and Marion. Our Coach makes out the schedule and later the Administration picks the date they want to have Homecoming. We run into this all the time. We've played Goodpasture and Red Bank (this will be the 2nd time out of three years we've had RB) They are a 4A powerhouse. They are beyond a doubt the strongest team on our schedule. Honestly, I think if you asked the coach, he'd pick anyone else to play on homecoming before them. The bottom line is that our administration does not look at the schedule and decide who they think this years team can beat and then schedule homecoming around that. It sounds like that is what happend here at Tyner. Honestly though, Marion is one of the weakest teams on Tyners schedule this year. Some of their Non region games are Brainerd, Fulton, South Pitt, Howard, & McCallie. I guess if they had to chose a team to play at Homecoming, Marion is not a bad choice.

I think over the years at Sequatchie they've picked homecoming for a game that might not appeal as much to the average fan, since it would be packed for Bledsoe, Whitwell, etc. I think they even had Tyner for homecoming a few years ago. I wouldn't think anything into being a homecoming opponent, unless you were one four or five times each season.

Marion did play a great game Friday against Grundy and hopefully it got them back on track an ready for there second region game. In the past the warriors seem to be very intimidated by Tyners speed. I belive if they look at them as who they are (just another high school team) an focus for Friday they have a great chance in this one. They need to remember that on any given Friday night any team can be beat nothing is impossible thats why they line it up an play the game. Good luck to both teams it will be a great night.

Go Big Purple!!!!

I think Bob Evans Stadium could be jam packed on Friday night. The young lads from Marion apparently played much better last week. Marion may have a chance to dethrone Tyner IF they can overcome the mental block of TYNER week. I look forward to seeing a good game and most importantly a couple of those famous fish sandwiches.

My take on the Tyner game is much like some of you guys. Marion can't go in there intimidated by Tyner. The way to have sucess agianst them is to smack them back in the mouth when they smack you. Don't tuck your tails and give up. I have seen it too much, even this year, get down by a couple of scores, and then give up instead of fighting back. It is very true what they say, you can't coach heart. Sorry, boyd fans, but this is probably yall's weakest team you have had in several years. A truly one demensional offense since the quaterback went down, and Marion's d-fense played pretty well to hold you to one offensive TD. I think Pele had 100 field goals against us. Marion showed no fight in that game once they were down a couple of scores. If Marion fumbles 4 times against Tyner, it will get very, very ugly. The way to beat tyner is to run right at them not try to throw all over them. With the speed they have, look for them to jam the recievers at the line and blitz Trey unmercifully. That spells doom everytime. The middle of the field should be wide open with the bump and run but we will see if we can get the ball out there. Truth is Tyner's athletes are no better now than they were in the mid nineties when we used to beat them 59-0. Our talent isn't what it used to be though, but we can definitely play with them if our boys don't quit. Prove me wrong guys, but I will say Tyner 41 Marion 13

The truth is right. I watched several of those games in the mid 90's. I remember watching one of Marion's coaches playing Tyner is the mid and late 90's when he was just a young lad. He is still a young lad to me when I see him roaming the sidelines now. It doesn't seem like that long ago that him and his sidekicks Brandon Graham, Nathan Capps and Steven Dover were suiting up for the purple and white. This young lad that now coaches should tell some of the younger lads on Marion's team about his past experiences playing against Tyner.

Actually ZP, it was exactly the same situation as Tyner and Marion. Our Coach makes out the schedule and later the Administration picks the date they want to have Homecoming. We run into this all the time. We've played Goodpasture and Red Bank (this will be the 2nd time out of three years we've had RB) They are a 4A powerhouse. They are beyond a doubt the strongest team on our schedule. Honestly, I think if you asked the coach, he'd pick anyone else to play on homecoming before them. The bottom line is that our administration does not look at the schedule and decide who they think this years team can beat and then schedule homecoming around that. It sounds like that is what happend here at Tyner. Honestly though, Marion is one of the weakest teams on Tyners schedule this year. Some of their Non region games are Brainerd, Fulton, South Pitt, Howard, & McCallie. I guess if they had to chose a team to play at Homecoming, Marion is not a bad choice.

Yea...Red Bank is not a team that even a 5A school would want to schedule for homecoming. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> They should have stayed with us...at least that will be a close, exciting game. Red Bank could get real ugly.

Don't worry about it Ram. People believe what they want to believe. Tyner wins this one by 4TDs or more. Good luck to the Ram Train on Friday.

...Thanks...I know sometimes folks need 'bulletin board' material to get a team fired-up...I know the players read this website and they need to know the facts not fiction!!!

The truth is right. I watched several of those games in the mid 90's. I remember watching one of Marion's coaches playing Tyner is the mid and late 90's when he was just a young lad. He is still a young lad to me when I see him roaming the sidelines now. It doesn't seem like that long ago that him and his sidekicks Brandon Graham, Nathan Capps and Steven Dover were suiting up for the purple and white. This young lad that now coaches should tell some of the younger lads on Marion's team about his past experiences playing against Tyner.

...I think I know who you are talking about...Landon Pickett was the coach in 1997 and I recognize the name of one of the Asst. coaches!!!

...The schedule this year dictated which game would be 'Homecoming'...couldn't do the 1st game...the Howard game is during the 'Fall break'...the Murphy, NC game was too late in the year and of course Boyd-B is the final regular season game...no disrespect intended Bill#49 but the best scenario was the MC game!!!

You may not mean it to be disrespectful but I have been around several football seasons and we would never ( 1 ) schedule a team with as much tradition as Marion County and ( 2 ) a region opponent for homecoming. You usually pick a so-called weak sister to play for your homecoming game. Make sure you make all the mommas happy by playing their sons and win the game. We have played Tyner for the last 11 years and have been beaten down for those 11 years. But to think you have stooped so low as to make us play you like a weak sister for your homecoming has reached an all-time, rock bottom, shame for all Marion County fans. If playing in your homecoming doesn't make every purple-bloodied fan, coach, and player from Marion County upset and ready to kick Tyner's @$$ they have no guts or pride left in themselves. I expect every one of our fans, our school administrators, our teachers, our band kids, our cheerleaders, our coaches, and our players to be ready for a once in life-time thrill - BEATING TYNER ON BOB EVANS FIELD AND TAKING BACK OUR MARION COUNTY PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />