Maryville vs William Blount

REBELRON

Well all I have to say is all this talk about late hits, cheating and dirty play doesnt sound like Maryville or WB. When you go out there you're all jacked up and want to lay a big hit on someone. Now, when someone gets hurt bad that's the last thing you dont want to see happen to any kid. When Tyler went down last year, it was scary...imagine how his parents felt. It didn't matter after that who won, who lost or how many points anyone scored. That will put things in perspective real fast for you. The boys at Wb will be ready to play and the boys at MHS will be too. Let's hope it's a great game and no one gets hurt. Football is football. It's rough, and only the tough can handle it. Did Tyler come back out on the field the next week? Yes. Because he loves the game and the competition. He's a gamer. Just like Shiver, Douglas, TJ and any one else that gets hurt, they cant wait to get back out there to help their team. Good luck to both. Great Bunch of young men out there....

Billie Blount 2

Maryville 1

/wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

That there don't count Rebelsman.... Rigger is " one of them there Fairgit fans" ... Hows zat tere Starsnbars... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I think you talk good, shore you didn't go to Lainer....

QUOTE(williebgovs04 @ Sep 24 2007 - 12:11 PM)

"You know as well as I know last year they did not play clean PERIOD! I prolly know most of the Maryville players alot better than you do."

I was wondering how long it would be until someone brought that incident up from last year.

Anyone, who knows how to watch film, will clearly see it was a late hit by L. Hall on T. Burstrom last year. The flags flew and the rebels were assessed 15 yards and a 1st down for the hit. And rightfully so a late hit is a late hit. But when you know how to watch film you will see "Cowboy" left his feet and was in the air before T B was down. Last time I checked it is hard to stop once one is airborne! Maybe something changed since I played?

Maryville plays clean football with more class than most teams do and their opponents??™ know this to be a fact. Where I was sitting in the MHS stands I was apart of a prayer vigil for Mr. Burstrom, anyone with any sense knows the injury of any kid is far more serious than who wins a game. I know the family and he played some baseball with one of my sons a few years ago. I know what it is to have a kid down on the field after a play and to take him to the hospital as a result of the action. Maryville, like WB teaches aggressive football. It is a violent game. Both of these teams will be up for this contest and it will be a slobber knocker, but I hope and pray no one has their kid hurt.

So williebgovs04 you can think whatever you want to think, most of us don't care. Maryville will be ready to play and win or lose it will be done with class. I won't address your innuendo concerning GQ's class, you don??™t really know him.

To my comment about TJ not being a factor vs. DB. Look at the film; he did not help his team. He was doubled some but never got to the QB. He did turn an ankle it looks like and maybe that hindered him some, I really don't know. I did not say he was not capable of being a multiplier, he's a great player. Tough, fast and aggressive. He's what every coach wants on the D line. Will he get to Burnett? Probably. Will it be a factor, maybe? Look for TJ to line up vs. Douglas some. That will be great for us fans to watch.

I also said Maryville will "Need" to get 150 yards on the ground. Some responded by saying no way would Maryville get that many yards on the ground vs. WB. Well if they do you can bet Maryville will have a very good chance to win the game because they will without question get their share of yards through the air. 150 on the ground and maybe 175-250 through the air, which will mean points.

Two factors that WB has going for them that gives them the edge on paper IMO. The field position game. WB did a great job vs. DB keeping the Indians at their end of the field. A good kicker whit great down field coverage. Second Maryville is banged up and is still having some turnover trouble. Can't turn the ball over too many times vs. a good team. Last time Maryville did that, they lost in overtime by a field goal in Nov 03!

I was looking at unapproved website and found some interesting stuff. They have Maryville #5 nationally, and WB #72 nationally in their top 1000 power ratings. In the projected match-up, they have the following:

at Maryville (TN)

[2007] Maryville (TN) 26, [2007] Blount (Maryville, TN) 19

at Blount (Maryville, TN)

[2007] Maryville (TN) 24, [2007] Blount (Maryville, TN) 20

at neutral site

[2007] Maryville (TN) 26, [2007] Blount (Maryville, TN) 19

Their projected match-ups have been pretty accurate for Maryville so far this season. If anything, Maryville is often a few points short of "covering" the projected spread, so if the trend continued, this game could go either way. Of course, I also remember the four horsemen and all that hype a while back, but I think it would be great for this series to be more competitive than in the past, so long as Maryville still wins.

... Hows zat tere Starsnbars... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I think you talk good, shore you didn't go to Lainer....

tpoole12, tha good folks eye know down thair say hit Lan Ear.

As far as all tha rasslin' talk goez....VTEC eye remembur those days ovur on Ellis at tha roller rank. Sum of tha best fights weren't amongst tha rasslers though...Them mean old Battle Branch and Perm Hill gurls fought a lot harder over tha boys and a pack of Camels. mhs the scufflin' hillbillies wuz good to.

One of tha furst rasslin' matches eye can remember wus betwixt Corsica Joe and Ron. Joe wuz so old then he couldn't hardly climb in tha rang. Eye remember sum good tag team matches envolvin' Tha Wrights agin Whitey and Less, The Greene Brothers from Nashvull, that outfit called The Fabulous Kangaroos and manager George "crybaby" Cannon. And great solo matches envolvin' Ron agin Whitey, Bearcat Brown, Big Ed Wolfe, Joe LaDuke, Don "peanut butter" Carson, Tha Stomper, Uncle Elmer, Sam "large mouthed" Bass and tha one time that Ron aka #1 Hillbilly, took on two midgetts at tha saim time at Chill High Park.

" Big Jim, let me tell you loud mouthed, laim brained, idiots one thang, me and Donnie took them boys out thair last Fridee nite and beat 'em so bad, when tha went home thair momma wouldn'tve reckonized 'em " -- Tha grait Ron Wright, The King of Kingsport.

QUOTE(williebgovs04 @ Sep 24 2007 - 12:11 PM)

"You know as well as I know last year they did not play clean PERIOD! I prolly know most of the Maryville players alot better than you do."

I was wondering how long it would be until someone brought that incident up from last year.

Anyone, who knows how to watch film, will clearly see it was a late hit by L. Hall on T. Burstrom last year. The flags flew and the rebels were assessed 15 yards and a 1st down for the hit. And rightfully so a late hit is a late hit. But when you know how to watch film you will see "Cowboy" left his feet and was in the air before T B was down. Last time I checked it is hard to stop once one is airborne! Maybe something changed since I played?

Maryville plays clean football with more class than most teams do and their opponents??™ know this to be a fact. Where I was sitting in the MHS stands I was apart of a prayer vigil for Mr. Burstrom, anyone with any sense knows the injury of any kid is far more serious than who wins a game. I know the family and he played some baseball with one of my sons a few years ago. I know what it is to have a kid down on the field after a play and to take him to the hospital as a result of the action. Maryville, like WB teaches aggressive football. It is a violent game. Both of these teams will be up for this contest and it will be a slobber knocker, but I hope and pray no one has their kid hurt.

So williebgovs04 you can think whatever you want to think, most of us don't care. Maryville will be ready to play and win or lose it will be done with class. I won't address your innuendo concerning GQ's class, you don??™t really know him.

To my comment about TJ not being a factor vs. DB. Look at the film; he did not help his team. He was doubled some but never got to the QB. He did turn an ankle it looks like and maybe that hindered him some, I really don't know. I did not say he was not capable of being a multiplier, he's a great player. Tough, fast and aggressive. He's what every coach wants on the D line. Will he get to Burnett? Probably. Will it be a factor, maybe? Look for TJ to line up vs. Douglas some. That will be great for us fans to watch.

I also said Maryville will "Need" to get 150 yards on the ground. Some responded by saying no way would Maryville get that many yards on the ground vs. WB. Well if they do you can bet Maryville will have a very good chance to win the game because they will without question get their share of yards through the air. 150 on the ground and maybe 175-250 through the air, which will mean points.

Two factors that WB has going for them that gives them the edge on paper IMO. The field position game. WB did a great job vs. DB keeping the Indians at their end of the field. A good kicker whit great down field coverage. Second Maryville is banged up and is still having some turnover trouble. Can't turn the ball over too many times vs. a good team. Last time Maryville did that, they lost in overtime by a field goal in Nov 03!

How would you know these Maryville football Seniors lose with class? The varsity has never lost a game since they have been in high school??????? By the way, TJ played one quarter against DB!

Let me add another thing about losing well. I love George Q to death. I think he is the greatest coach around. However, the last time he lost at WB, he was chasing the refs after the game. I'm not saying the refs didn't deserve it, because a lot of the times they do. But, Mr. Quarles is very competitive and he has been known to do some "out of character" things when the ball doesn't bounce in his corner. Is it bad? No. All coaches do. So don't sit back and say that Maryville is unlike any other school when they lose a game. They just don't get as many opportunities to show themselves as the rest do.

Let me add another thing about losing well. I love George Q to death. I think he is the greatest coach around. However, the last time he lost at WB, he was chasing the refs after the game. I'm not saying the refs didn't deserve it, because a lot of the times they do. But, Mr. Quarles is very competitive and he has been known to do some "out of character" things when the ball doesn't bounce in his corner. Is it bad? No. All coaches do. So don't sit back and say that Maryville is unlike any other school when they lose a game. They just don't get as many opportunities to show themselves as the rest do.

Eye remember that nite well. Eye jest hope thay aint no more grass farrs if we lose on Fridee.