Maryville vs William Blount

REBELRON

Not in position to make many "bold predictions" but:

* I'll be very surprised if Maryville exceeds 150 yds rushing

*TJ Walker "WILL BE" a factor in this game . In the DB game, during the time he was being a "non-factor" before he injured his ankle, he was drawing 2--and sometimes 3--blockers. He didn't have many tackles, but the lb's and other d-linemen had a ton because TJ was drawing so much attention. There are more ways to be a factor than just getting tons of sacks or tackles. When Walker plays, he is a factor. He's the best defensive end in this area and one of the best in the state.

*Agree with you that WB is the "underdog". If anyone read TJ's quote in the paper, "we (players) don't believe we're underdogs", I don't think he meant to be talking trash. I believe he was just conveying that WB players and coaches are confident in their own ability and believe they can play with Maryville. I wouldn't want it any other way.

govman, i agee with your post 100%. i am sure that maryville will come up with some scheme to block TJ. Even if they have to put 3 players on him. However, that just turns lose the 2 ilb for the govs defense. i believe that would be lail and garland, if i am correct. i am not sure that some people take in to consideration how much of a factor he is. if he gets lose and gets to the qb early i have often saw the qb trying to find where he is all night. on the otherhand, marville's pass offense is good as always, i firmly believe that if Wb contains that part of their offense, nothing should stand in the way of a W at the end of the night. like you have said before the overall defense of wb has been outstanding the whole year. what ? 2 TDs in 16 Quarters of football. that speaks for itself. i dont care who they have played and what people have said. thats tough to beat in any level of football.

WB played well -- especially 2nd half. I credit our coaches alot for whatever adjustments they made during half-time. Only negative last night, our receivers dropped some balls that they normally wouldn't. That's mental stuff and hopefully, we'll improve. This is the first time in awhile that we've literally had at least 4--maybe 5--receivers that defenses have to account for on every play (sound familiar? you guys always have that).

Darren Garner is just one of those "special backs". He can create something out of nothing. If he gets a step on you, you're in trouble.

Most proud of how we didn't turn over the ball any ... that's huge in my book. Still worry about Tyler Burstrom ... he gets his bell rung about once a game and scares the crap out of me. I know people question his playing both ways, but that is the way it is, and he's equally good on both sides of the ball.

Injury wise ... I think we came out ok. Josh Manges, one of our "under the radar" heavy hitters on d, had to be aided off the field with some type of leg injury, hope we haven't lost him. If T.J. wasn't 100% last night, then it's scary to think about what he would have done if he had been. He's a great football player.

How about the Rebs? Shiver gonna be ready? (hope so, great kid). Sorry to hear about your lineman (West) ... what was his injury? Douglas's shoulder still bothering him?

Yes Shiver should be ready probably not 100% though, west i think seperated his shoulder out 3-4weeks? douglas is still bothered but he's a gamer. who is looking at the Walker kid or has he already committed? whats the chance of finding a seat I hate thoose one sided stadiums but i understand why they built them. I'll bet back in the mid-late 70's

they never dreamed of hosting a game with 15-20 thousand people. Should be a great one but as i've posted all year this is not a typical MHS football team very suspect in the run and run defense. could be a long night for the rebels if WB running game is as powerful as it sounds. not ready to pick yet

T.J. Walker's quote from Sunday's Times.

???(Maryville is) nonregion, but in everybody??™s heads, that??™s the biggest game of the year. It don??™t hurt our

schedule or region standings, but we??™ve always wanted to pull the upset against them. I really don??™t think it would be an upset this year. It would to other people, but it wouldn??™t to us.???

Does the newspaper count as extra points?? and i don't think mine is trash talk. i think they are a very good team ans w/o caleb west we're gonna have trouble with T.J.

Regardless if WB wins, if they keep it close they should be very proud. To my knowledge, WB does not have kids on their roster from other communities....they put a team together with what they have. The "big white elephant in E TN" is mediocre at best under the same scenario.

If I am not mistaken Ronald Osborne's family home was in the city of Maryville at some point during his career at William Blount, as was (and possibly still is) TJ and Darrin Walker's. But success not only breeds success I guess, evidently it breeds white elephants as well. And of course insults, which we are very well use to by now.

Regardless if WB wins, if they keep it close they should be very proud. To my knowledge, WB does not have kids on their roster from other communities....they put a team together with what they have. The "big white elephant in E TN" is mediocre at best under the same scenario.

People go to different schools for many reasons – not just sports. Yes there are people playing on the Maryville team that live in the county, but the same can be said about any school. I know of at least two very influential starters on the WB team that do not live in the county and I would say there are more that I do not know about. I have always heard people complain about Maryville “stealing” our players, but people quickly forget about the city boys that play for county schools. Just playing devils advocate.

That is a huge loss for sure. It will be an opportuinity for someone to step up in Calab's place. Maryville has an un canny way of steping up in the big games.

It should be a real slober knocker!

Wanna be there to see it but can't if you broadcast on the web i could record it.. HELP ME OUT. MV or we just might beat you in Basketball this year. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

*Mairvul has 2 180 lb. offencesive tackells. W.B. has the grait Walker.

*Mairvul has a 214 lb. sinter. W.B. has a 280 lb. knowsman and big ole Lail.

*Mairvul has short corners. W.B. has tall receevers.

*Mairvul has a 180 lb. middull linebaccer. W.B. has a 270 pound sinter.

*W.B. has a runninback faster than the word of God and a tuff quarterback who is anothur runninback with a good arm.

*W.B. has a puntur who kicks hit over tha lights and into orbitt.

*W.B. has a big teem which will tilt the feeled in thair favor.

*Mairvul's best win is over a little 2A skool, whilest W.B. has beet the sox off of tuff 5A Ootiewall and Dobbins Bent-It.

*W.B. has a hall of faim coach and Mark "pacman" Packer really likes him.

*W.B. has grait big speakers and they play that loud muzic which skeers tha Mairvul children, and a P.A. guy who sounds like the John Cameron Swazey on steroids.

*W.B. has a grait tv crew with smart peeple (skool bored man and professor)

*W.B iz healthy and Mairvul is beet up.

*W.B. has pretty new uniforms and Mairvul has same old uniforms.

*W.B. has a new mulltee level press box for lots of peeple and stuff.

Thairfour Will-Yum Blunt will beet Mairvul like a rented mule and hot, dry Alnwick as we know it will be burnt to tha ground.