Gordonsville @ Trousdale County

croz6110

Congratulations TC.

I was worried about this game for a reason.

Clint Satterfield was on the sidelines.

I don't think either line dominated, but poor tackling was evident at times.

And, TC was just more disciplined. I think they only had one penalty all night. I believe there were a couple of no calls against TC, but that's neither here nor there.

I don't even want to get into the penalties Gville had, probably 100 yards worth.

The thing about any TC team is that every player knows their role, especially on defense.

More or less, Gville was beat in almost every aspect of the game.

They just need to rebound because it doesn't get any easier.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game TC. Proved once again GV cant beat TC. Now its what, 21 years? I have to say yall have on heck of a kicker. He should go somewhere in the next level. I knew it would be a hard fought game. If TC had a pass attack also, they would be right back where they were 2 years ago. Kudos to yall. See yall down the road.

Oh My Goodness! What a night!

So the region looks something like this now I think

1.Watertown 5-1 (2-1)

t2.Gordonsville 4-2 (2-1)

t2.Trousdale County 4-2 (2-1)

t2.Friendship Christian 4-2 (2-1)

t2.Monterrey 4-2 (2-1)

Watertown atop region four. Go Purple Tigers!!!

Watertown still has a lot of work to do before we are tops in the region. Must take care of business vs. MJCA and RBS, and then some big test vs. GVille and Monterey down the road. Watertown has a ton of luck right now. They are lucky the opponents receivers have dropped passes in the endzone. One vs. TC, One Tonight, and One vs. Mercer or the Purple Tigers would be 2 and 3 and licking their wounds. This year the Purple Tigers are more lucky than good.

Watertown still has a lot of work to do before we are tops in the region. Must take care of business vs. MJCA and RBS, and then some big test vs. GVille and Monterey down the road. Watertown has a ton of luck right now. They are lucky the opponents receivers have dropped passes in the endzone. One vs. TC, One Tonight, and One vs. Mercer or the Purple Tigers would be 2 and 3 and licking their wounds. This year the Purple Tigers are more lucky than good.

Hasn't anyone ever told you that Lucky always beats good?

I would rather be lucky that telented, with talent you have to get it ready and hope that it performs up to it's potential, with luck all you have to do is rub your four leaf clover and wear your lucky shirt under your pads.

Hasn't anyone ever told you that Lucky always beats good?

I would rather be lucky that telented, with talent you have to get it ready and hope that it performs up to it's potential, with luck all you have to do is rub your four leaf clover and wear your lucky shirt under your pads.

I always heard luck described as, when skill meets opportunity.

Ok guys, just got back about an hour ago. I have to say that I am not surprised with the outcome. Trousdale County has a living legend walking the sidelines and sometimes that is all you need. The young lads from Trousdale are continuing to get better. Gordonsville was obviously battling some injuries. I think Gordonsville will be right in the thick of the race come November.

I hope for FCS's sake that the mental block against teams they have never beaten continues...Yeah, you hit the nail on the head.

Gordonsville has beaten FC more recently than SC and TC. Its been 10 years for SC, and nearly 20 for TC. Its been 4 since we've beaten FC.

I'll give you that, but they've got to have execution to go along with it. Good luck rest of season..

Wasn't making excuses at all. But that has got to play a large part in why they haven't beaten you guys in 20 years. TC won the game, Gordonsville didn't lose it.

Now dont go downtalking the Purple Tigers, they are five and one because they have a great defense. WHS beat theirselves against FCS, We had six turnovers, two in the red zone and a missed field goal. FCS was the better team that night but WHS beat theirselves. Watertown will win the next two but I wont call Clay county a win for anybody. They gave FCS and WHS a scare and they are getting good. I was wrong about them (sorry FCS guys for running my mouth about Clay Co.) they are much improved and may upset Gville or Monterrey, It could happen, Theyre good. WHS is better than you think.

Another thing, Im not sold on this Gordonsville team this year. They have only been tested twice against SC and TC and they lost both times. Every game from here on out will be tough for them and I wont be surprised if they are the team from region four that gets left out of the playoff picture this year. However, this doesnt mean I dont think that Gville has a good football team, Im just starting to wonder.