Oak Ridge vs. William Blount

boyfromsi

William Blount did a super job last night on defense. They shut down the top rusher in Region 2-5A. It was mistakenly posted that Sterling of FHS was the top runner but Stephens has over 1,600 yards in 6 games. I wanted to post this correction last week but did not want to draw a bigger bulleye on him than had to be. Evidentily WB knew the truth.

I was impressed that Coach Stevens took the blame for the offense especially the mistakes of the QBs, and prsised all the OR players for their effort. He gave credit to OR Coach Minor and the defense as well as the DC for WB.

The Wildcats need to work hard on the mistakes and stay together. Please, ignore any and all adults who say negative things about you or the coaches. Sometimes adults act less mature than 14 - 18 year olds.

Work hard and never come out flat. William Blount put it to us in many ways but that can be corrected. Farragut and Ooltewah can also beat us if we don't learn from Friday night.

Bottom line for me is, Oak Ridge by birth and Wildcat still death.

~~Roll Wildcats Roll!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey you saying this to Burke boy shows your a newbie and Willie B showed your Wildcats up. Now OR needs to go beat Farragut and Ooltewah. Now i'm not saying anything but that does not show much class.

i ll tell u who did show Andre Sterling /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Disclaimer: I wasn't at the game ... I listened to most of it via the internet.

It sounded as if Oak Ridge didn't execute, but before you go and think that that is the only reason you won, here is a little statistic .... Don Cope had 3 or 4 picks against you; he also had his hands on the ball when we played Maryville, who really didn't make a mistake. I think it was our defense that caused some of the "sloppiness" that you are attributing to OR. We heard the same thing about Ooltewah when we played them. Maryville is the one team that came away impressed with our defense (just read some of the posts from long-time Rebel fans on Coach T). Some of OR's sloppiness came from WB's defense.

As for fumbles .... when you have TJ Walker and Cole Lail and a whole convention of Governors in your face all night, they're gonna happen.

The other thing about the defense. I think there was only 1 possession in the entire second half where you had the ball on your side of the field (and that was due to a kickoff). That is defense. They kept you on your heels the whole second half.

Now I do agree with you on some points; some was OR's fault. For one thing, it seemed as if they never really settled on a QB. When that happens, you can forget about it. It messes with players too much. Plus it sounded like Stevens got rattled late in the game.

It sounded like WB made a lot of mistakes. I'm really surprised that OR didn't capitalize on them. I've thought OR was a tad overrated and really hadn't played many quality opponents. Based on this one game (and only this one game), I would have to agree.

I hope you can handle Farragut for us ... we lost by one point ... and could use a little help to make it to #1 in the region.

Just some rambling thoughts.

I guess you didn't read my post. I gave almost all of the credit to WB's defense. However, based on the plays we ran, we didn't prepare well for WB. But honestly, as good as WB's defense was playing, I don't know if our "A" game would have been good enough. WB bounced back well from their 2 losses, we need to do the same in the coming weeks.

I guess you didn't read my post. I gave almost all of the credit to WB's defense. However, based on the plays we ran, we didn't prepare well for WB. But honestly, as good as WB's defense was playing, I don't know if our "A" game would have been good enough. WB bounced back well from their 2 losses, we need to do the same in the coming weeks.

BoyFromSI, I was responding to "Bounder", not you.

But, since you brought up rebounds, I sure hope you bounce back and beat Farragut. We need them to pick up one more loss to help our cause. Our defense was down when we played them. We had just finished a tough neck-and-neck game with Maryville and didn't bounce back. Then Sterling flat wore out our defense.

Good luck containing him/them.

Trey what you gonna say now, A-town giving up 21 second half points to CAK, that must not have been to fun to watch. Just messing with you, when you get on fall break come play some ball that the church, so i dominate you on the court.LOL.

yea man i know 21 points is harsh, but alcoa had to let their cheerleaders get some reps in too. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

but i had already left either way, so it wasnt hard to watch at all. nice win for the govs though, gotta get them credit. im on fall break next thursday and friday but im not sure if we have practice yet or not. If i dont have practice, ill be over there to teach you how to shoot haha

I stand by what I wrote. A good JV team could have beaten Oak Ridge friday night. With the turnovers, penalities

and just plain sloppy play. I don't know what they were thinking about but it sure wasn't William Blount. And they paid for it. This team? is too busy fighting among themselves (too much east vs west) to take care of business William Blount was the better team that night, there I said it now get over it!

I stand by what I wrote. A good JV team could have beaten Oak Ridge friday night. With the turnovers, penalities

and just plain sloppy play. I don't know what they were thinking about but it sure wasn't William Blount. And they paid for it. This team? is too busy fighting among themselves (too much east vs west) to take care of business William Blount was the better team that night, there I said it now get over it!

Even without the turnovers , Oak Ridge could not move the ball at all against William Blount . Getting mad at the other team's posters does not change that fact .

Gov Man..... Has your computer crashed?????

I have been on vacation....Didn't take time to post.... Just a question for the cats... Did your dang lawn mower breakdown??? The field looked like some hay fields I was in this week... no wait...I mow hay closer to the ground than your field was cut.... Your running back may have had a better game if he didn't have to run in that stuff... I honestly believe that the turf was 4 1/2 to 5 inches tall...Whats up with that??? As for the game, WB offence played poorly..Spotted you 10 points...Turned over the ball in the red zone many times.... We held your offence to 4 first downs and around 100 yards +/-.... How can you say you beat yourself???

Gov Man..... Has your computer crashed?????

I have been on vacation....Didn't take time to post.... Just a question for the cats... Did your dang lawn mower breakdown??? The field looked like some hay fields I was in this week... no wait...I mow hay closer to the ground than your field was cut.... Your running back may have had a better game if he didn't have to run in that stuff... I honestly believe that the turf was 4 1/2 to 5 inches tall...Whats up with that??? As for the game, WB offence played poorly..Spotted you 10 points...Turned over the ball in the red zone many times.... We held your offence to 4 first downs and around 100 yards +/-.... How can you say you beat yourself???

I agree 100% Hayseed,

We need to get some corn fed types from Blount Co. to help us out, I am wondering are you in the Business?

You have two wins against OR in the schools history, How many region championships do you have? How many State Championships do you have? Backer spitting & cow tipping do not count, what is your record against Maryville?

I went to the game & I walked over the WB side I have never seen so many Overalls in my life! I called my Dentist & told he want to relocate to Blount Co.

I agree 100% Hayseed,

We need to get some corn fed types from Blount Co. to help us out, I am wondering are you in the Business?

You have two wins against OR in the schools history, How many region championships do you have? How many State Championships do you have? Backer spitting & cow tipping do not count, what is your record against Maryville?

I went to the game & I walked over the WB side I have never seen so many Overalls in my life! I called my Dentist & told he want to relocate to Blount Co.