Oak Ridge vs. William Blount

boyfromsi

Just got back from the game. Very disappointed in our effort and preparation for this game. William Blount played an excellent game on defense and the offense made plays when they had to. Good passing and decision making by Burstrom was the difference maker for WB. Kudos to our defense for keeping us in the game. The WB defense was just awesome. They didn't let us do anything offensively the whole game. Don Cope was the star of the game imho, 4 picks on the night and great open field tackling, quite an amazing game for the young man.

The play was pretty sloppy, 12 turnovers in all. There are no excuses to offer; we got our butts kicked and good.

That said, time not to panic. But, we need to get better if we are going to compete against our remaining opponents. We need to work hard and come into next week's game focused and ready to play on both sides of the ball.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to disagree with you two but we stunk-up the place tonight. William Blount didn't beat us we beat ourselves. And Neil I don't think we got our behinds kicked, with 7 turnovers the score should have been by at least 20 more. If that's all Blount has I'm not impressed. They won, and deserve credit fot it. But because of our mistakes. Of course really good teams win inspite of mistakes.

Ok everybody... you can really lay it on me for saying what I said! If I'm wrong!

And yes I am also disappointed!

Sorry to disagree with you two but we stunk-up the place tonight. William Blount didn't beat us we beat ourselves. And Neil I don't think we got our behinds kicked, with 7 turnovers the score should have been by at least 20 more. If that's all Blount has I'm not impressed. They won, and deserve credit fot it. But because of our mistakes. Of course really good teams win inspite of mistakes.

Ok everybody... you can really lay it on me for saying what I said! If I'm wrong!

And yes I am also disappointed!

OMG!!! Yes, you dominated WB in all categories. This was simply a fluke.

Just got back from the game. Very disappointed in our effort and preparation for this game. William Blount played an excellent game on defense and the offense made plays when they had to. Good passing and decision making by Burstrom was the difference maker for WB. Kudos to our defense for keeping us in the game. The WB defense was just awesome. They didn't let us do anything offensively the whole game. Don Cope was the star of the game imho, 4 picks on the night and great open field tackling, quite an amazing game for the young man.

The play was pretty sloppy, 12 turnovers in all. There are no excuses to offer; we got our butts kicked and good.

That said, time not to panic. But, we need to get better if we are going to compete against our remaining opponents. We need to work hard and come into next week's game focused and ready to play on both sides of the ball.

Can you tell me who was quarterback?

Well dang. We got our butts handed to us tonight. Congrats to William Blount on an outstanding effort. I knew we were in trouble before the game ever started when the team came out onto the field without their normal entrance. Silence instead of a resounding growl. Offense was plain flat, no fire, no desire.

William Blount played a great game. Turnovers plagued both teams. With this the field is wide open for playoff spots. Hang on this one will go down to the last game with no sure fire winner.

With a 6-1 record Oak Ridge is not dead by any means and many of the naysayers will want to believe that. Oak Ridge lost, plain and simple. Coaches and team will regroup this week and just as Wm. Blount did coming off their loss will be back next week. Put it together 'Cats.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Good game to both teams. Sloppy game on both parts. but when WB needed a big play they stepped it up. Last week against Farragut was a good game but our defense did not show up. Not saying anything about Sterling he is the best i've ever seen play wouldn't be surprised if you hear his name alot on Saturdays.Any way big win for Willie B. Need to come out strong against a tough Mcminn County team next weak.As for Oak Ridge, go out and show Farragut and Ooltewah how its done stick it to them.Good luck to Oak Ridge and hope to see you in the play offs.

I need some catsup for this Crow. We are the "spankees" and WB was the "Spanker" in this one. We need to regroup and get back on track for the balance of Region games.

Ole Dad

Burke Boy,

The truth is OR will spank your Govs and The Owls. How do ya like them apples. Nice post for a newbie. Grow up.

Ole Dad