Oak Ridge vs. William Blount

boyfromsi

What the heck is a naysayer? We were undefeated going into this game and I have read no posts on here from OR fans that gave nothing but support to the team. The rub comes from posts like this which ditzes any fan who questions the lack of preparation and intensity after a loss. Stevens is the best coach OR ever had and is in line to take The Great Pumpkin's place. Now, does that make you happy?

Ole Dad

Well dang. We got our butts handed to us tonight. Congrats to William Blount on an outstanding effort. I knew we were in trouble before the game ever started when the team came out onto the field without their normal entrance. Silence instead of a resounding growl. Offense was plain flat, no fire, no desire.

William Blount played a great game. Turnovers plagued both teams. With this the field is wide open for playoff spots. Hang on this one will go down to the last game with no sure fire winner.

With a 6-1 record Oak Ridge is not dead by any means and many of the naysayers will want to believe that. Oak Ridge lost, plain and simple. Coaches and team will regroup this week and just as Wm. Blount did coming off their loss will be back next week. Put it together 'Cats.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a simple point to make. Every OR fan I've talked to this year, they always say "If we hadn't had so many penalty's or turnovers, we would have won by 20!". Every week, I have heard the same thing. Yes, you only have 1 loss, yes, you are going to make the playoff's and no, 1 loss is not the end of the season. Do you see a reaccurring theme? Mistakes and penalty's--every week. Is there a deeper problem within the program that anyone else see's, or is it just me? The one sure fire sign of an undisciplined team is penalty's and turnovers. I don't have the stats in front of me, but I would go out on a limb and say that OR is one of the most penalized teams in the area. Just an observation...........

Way to go William Blount! I am so proud of you guys. With the three games you guys have had, it would have been easy to come out flat. Instead, you showed what you are made of and took it to Oak Ridge. I hope to see you in Murfreesboro this year and for years to come. I truely respect your fortitued.

Shout out to Matt Quiett. He had a great game. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Sorry to disagree with you two but we stunk-up the place tonight. William Blount didn't beat us we beat ourselves. And Neil I don't think we got our behinds kicked, with 7 turnovers the score should have been by at least 20 more. If that's all Blount has I'm not impressed. They won, and deserve credit fot it. But because of our mistakes. Of course really good teams win inspite of mistakes.

Ok everybody... you can really lay it on me for saying what I said! If I'm wrong!

And yes I am also disappointed!

Disclaimer: I wasn't at the game ... I listened to most of it via the internet.

It sounded as if Oak Ridge didn't execute, but before you go and think that that is the only reason you won, here is a little statistic .... Don Cope had 3 or 4 picks against you; he also had his hands on the ball when we played Maryville, who really didn't make a mistake. I think it was our defense that caused some of the "sloppiness" that you are attributing to OR. We heard the same thing about Ooltewah when we played them. Maryville is the one team that came away impressed with our defense (just read some of the posts from long-time Rebel fans on Coach T). Some of OR's sloppiness came from WB's defense.

As for fumbles .... when you have TJ Walker and Cole Lail and a whole convention of Governors in your face all night, they're gonna happen.

The other thing about the defense. I think there was only 1 possession in the entire second half where you had the ball on your side of the field (and that was due to a kickoff). That is defense. They kept you on your heels the whole second half.

Now I do agree with you on some points; some was OR's fault. For one thing, it seemed as if they never really settled on a QB. When that happens, you can forget about it. It messes with players too much. Plus it sounded like Stevens got rattled late in the game.

It sounded like WB made a lot of mistakes. I'm really surprised that OR didn't capitalize on them. I've thought OR was a tad overrated and really hadn't played many quality opponents. Based on this one game (and only this one game), I would have to agree.

I hope you can handle Farragut for us ... we lost by one point ... and could use a little help to make it to #1 in the region.

Just some rambling thoughts.

Good game! WB's defense is what makes them a contender. Their defensive staff does an excellent job. Makes what farragut did running the ball that much more impressive. When the field is shortened and less real estate to defend WB's defense becomes even more effective because of their speed and quickness. OR has a good D as well and for the most part contained WB but was put in some tough situations by the O. What a great region! Four teams with one loss. Farragut-OR looms big!

Sorry to disagree with you two but we stunk-up the place tonight. William Blount didn't beat us we beat ourselves. And Neil I don't think we got our behinds kicked, with 7 turnovers the score should have been by at least 20 more. If that's all Blount has I'm not impressed. They won, and deserve credit fot it. But because of our mistakes. Of course really good teams win inspite of mistakes.

Ok everybody... you can really lay it on me for saying what I said! If I'm wrong!

And yes I am also disappointed!

ok it would have been more, but you also forgot the 4 turnovers from WB two of them being when we had the ball at the ten about to put it in...that was our fault and you didn't beat yourselves our Defense was the reason you turned the ball over so many times.

Congratulations on a big win William Blount. Champ ManI was shocked when Andre Sterling lit up William Blount like that. That also shows how good Sterling really is. William Blount has a great defense. By far the best the Rebels have seen this year.

Hey Sterling is a great runnig back but WB's defense did not show up. I know your thinking excuses excuses but go and watch any other game like last night for example and you can tell that our defense didn't wake up and smell the roses.Does anyone know the status on Josh Madden.

Burke Boy,

The truth is OR will spank your Govs and The Owls. How do ya like them apples. Nice post for a newbie. Grow up.

Ole Dad

Hey you saying this to Burke boy shows your a newbie and Willie B showed your Wildcats up. Now OR needs to go beat Farragut and Ooltewah. Now i'm not saying anything but that does not show much class.

Hey you saying this to Burke boy shows your a newbie and Willie B showed your Wildcats up. Now OR needs to go beat Farragut and Ooltewah. Now i'm not saying anything but that does not show much class.

if you read all of Ol Dad's post he comes back, i think at the bottom of page 8, and takes full responsibility...... read all of the post before condeming some1

Trey what you gonna say now, A-town giving up 21 second half points to CAK, that must not have been to fun to watch. Just messing with you, when you get on fall break come play some ball that the church, so i dominate you on the court.LOL.

Oak Ridge is in trouble if thats what they have to offer, i think they will make the playoffs but prolly the 4 seed.