MBA-Brentwood Academy

YamRocks

Hey, don't leave out Antioch, we are proud of our Una Alums.

I was a UNA Bear for 3 years before I got to BA in 8th grade! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Back in the 70's we had the best stadium in the Phil King League. Lots of tradition out of Una

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a UNA Bear for 3 years before I got to BA in 8th grade! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Back in the 70's we had the best stadium in the Phil King League. Lots of tradition out of Una

You young little Grass Hopper. I was a Hoover Bear. Eph Hoover, founder of Hoover Crushed Stone (rock quarries) built Una and sponsored the team. That was before Phil King. His son Tony is a BA alum. We played at Shelby Park back in those days and dominated. People always accused us of recruiting out of our district.

How could DUDEWHOISRUDE leave out Una!?! Uninformed whiners are a pet peave of mine.

You young little Grass Hopper. I was a Hoover Bear. Eph Hoover, founder of Hoover Crushed Stone (rock quarries) built Una and sponsored the team. That was before Phil King. His son Tony is a BA alum. We played at Shelby Park back in those days and dominated. People always accused us of recruiting out of our district.

How could DUDEWHOISRUDE leave out Una!?! Uninformed whiners are a pet peave of mine.

Really......The UNA Connection.... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I remember Hoover.......think I played for them for several weeks until I didn't make cut on weight limit..(Jr pro)....got sent to the unlimited (fatboy) league.....Phil King......for us husky guys. Didn't Hoover practice at 7 Oaks, or was that Jerry Beech Concrete?

Sorry I am off topic.

I don't know if MBA Recruits or not but BA does. And your sir are right, it is a tired argument. MBA by a TD.

you dont know that MBA recruits, but you are sure that BA does? Please reveal your evidence.

Because of BA's financial aid capabilities, unwealthy families with children, athletic and unathletic, are drawn to the academically solid, Christian school. Athletic kids always try to get in- they realize that they will play for a school where each athletic team is a powerhouse.

Roughly one quarter of the football team is on financial aid. Of those kids, about half never see the field.

When Chris Jordan moved to Nashville because of his father's job, he was told that the best opportunity to showcase his abilities and win football games would be to forgo the closest public school and attend Brentwood Academy.

The Supreme Court case concerned violation of a TSSAA rule about inviting students who had already signed up and been accepted to BA to play football. Recruiting was never involved.

You do not know what you are talking about. You and all the other accusers should stop talking.

you dont know that MBA recruits, but you are sure that BA does? Please reveal your evidence.

Because of BA's financial aid capabilities, unwealthy families with children, athletic and unathletic, are drawn to the academically solid, Christian school. Athletic kids always try to get in- they realize that they will play for a school where each athletic team is a powerhouse.

Roughly one quarter of the football team is on financial aid. Of those kids, about half never see the field.

When Chris Jordan moved to Nashville because of his father's job, he was told that the best opportunity to showcase his abilities and win football games would be to forgo the closest public school and attend Brentwood Academy.

The Supreme Court case concerned violation of a TSSAA rule about inviting students who had already signed up and been accepted to BA to play football. Recruiting was never involved.

You do not know what you are talking about. You and all the other accusers should stop talking.

Tarheel.......These guys are like talking to a wall. Many accusations, but no evidence. It is best to ignore FBE concerning this topic. I know you are right, and you, tarheel know you are right. Try talking about Maryville football with the Maryville supporters. No matter how you compliment their team, they still want to fight and accuse with no hard facts, nor will they accept constructive criticism. They have their head in the sand.

FBE.....we welcome you to talk about the BA vs MBA game. The "r" topic can be discussed on another board.

Tarheel.......These guys are like talking to a wall. Many accusations, but no evidence. It is best to ignore FBE concerning this topic. I know you are right, and you, tarheel know you are right. Try talking about Maryville football with the Maryville supporters. No matter how you compliment their team, they still want to fight and accuse with no hard facts, nor will they accept constructive criticism. They have their head in the sand.

FBE.....we welcome you to talk about the BA vs MBA game. The "r" topic can be discussed on another board.

Thank you Brandon, that is a relief.

p.s. I am a 2-sport athlete at BA. I came my 8th grade year because it was a good academic school and because of its reputation as a great athletic school. Although I was a standout athlete in middle school, winning all-tournament honors on the junior varsity team as a 7th grader, I was never approached by any coach. When I asked to speak to the coach of my favorite sport, the only thing he said was to warn me that it would be difficult. I am now a senior and am good friends with many of the athletes who supposedly were "recruited". They have told me their stories. None were recruited, and I am extremely sick of that accusation. We have better athletes. We have better coaching. We work harder. We win games. Get over it.

One last thought on that...people have looked for 30 years to prove BA recruits, and have never found the evidence. You would think once in all those years of recruiting, one time they'd approach the wrong family, who would have gone to the authorities. I am aware of no such case, and I suspect if anyone else was, we'd have heard about it here extensively.

Thank you Brandon, that is a relief.

p.s. I am a 2-sport athlete at BA. I came my 8th grade year because it was a good academic school and because of its reputation as a great athletic school. Although I was a standout athlete in middle school, winning all-tournament honors on the junior varsity team as a 7th grader, I was never approached by any coach. When I asked to speak to the coach of my favorite sport, the only thing he said was to warn me that it would be difficult. I am now a senior and am good friends with many of the athletes who supposedly were "recruited". They have told me their stories. None were recruited, and I am extremely sick of that accusation. We have better athletes. We have better coaching. We work harder. We win games. Get over it.

Very modest I must say.

When i played football in 6th grade, Coach Montgomery from BA took me and another one of my teamates to BA to workout with him in their new weight room. I don't know what some consider recruiting, but this was certainly an odd experience.

I am tempted to agree that this game is going to be about tough defense, field position, and trying to pound the ball on offense. But Potter is a creative offensive mind and anyone who thinks that BA is a one dimensional run team is mistaken. They have a solid (still developing) passing game and are not afraid to throw the ball down field. They had 3 games in a row before PJP with a 60+ yard TD pass. I think BA will not be afraid to take some risks on offense.

At the end of the day I think the BA defense is too strong at stopping the run. They dominated a very big offensive line and talented RB from Westside, SC. It will also come down to playmakers and I'm not sure that there's a better one than Chris Jordan.

PS- lets end all the recruiting garbage. Both schools are WEALTHY private schools with great facilities, coaches, football tradition and athletes.

I have seen both teams play and i was far more impressed with BA. Jordan was very effective against that South Carolina team that had a lot of very good atheletes. MBA has a very big front on both sides of the ball but i think their guys lack the atheleticism that guys like Thad McChaney and Jabree Tunee have. MBA has stopped some teams with very good atheletes..Hillsborro, Antioch but the difference is that BA's guys are going to be very well coached and ready to play.....

BA-21

MBA-7

I disagree. If it came down to being who was more well coached, then give the win to MBA who has beaten BA throughout the years by being more disciplined and coached better. BA seems to always have better athletes, but its MBA's discipline and preparation that always makes this into such a great game. MBA 24- BA 21

I disagree. If it came down to being who was more well coached, then give the win to MBA who has beaten BA throughout the years by being more disciplined and coached better. BA seems to always have better athletes, but its MBA's discipline and preparation that always makes this into such a great game. MBA 24- BA 21

You must have watched different games over the years than I have. To say that "BA seems to always have better athletes . . . " or to imply that MBA is more disciplined or better prepared would be IMO wrong and takes away from both teams. This rivalry is always close - even when one team is more loaded in any given year than the other. Both are historically very disciplined, well coached and have a lot of talent on the field.

Both teams have new coaches this year, but I believe that BA's new coach brings a lot more experience into the game. This doesn't necessarily mean that BA will be better coached, but if it comes down to coaching, I'd go with the experience . . .

BA 24

MBA 10