7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope so Phoenix !!, Hey whay happen to the Warren County girls thread ? It's a closed topic ??

Warren Co. defeats Coffee Co. 63-54 in a rough game, I tought we were going to have to bring the pads back out.

I would say the girls thread was shut down because someone reported it. CoachT and the moderators are having zero tolerance on the girls boards.

Siegel played good tonight, but couldn't hit enough free throws and layups down the strecth to seal the victory. Cutter played really well tonight. Hopefully the Stars can bounce back Friday as they travel to La Vergene. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

all i can say is woow..Overton must have an alright team...what happend?

I drove down to the Siegel game because I have heard great things about Siegel this year. The word on the street is that their Sophs are phenomenal and they have one of the best PG's in the state. They had only lost one game against a very good Farragut team by only 1 point.

based on what I saw...............................

Overton beat them in a good game.

The Sophs are good, but not what I was expecting. However, I like Hammonds. He is very smooth and has a knack for scoring. He is also long and is a pretty smart player. He blocks a lot of shots and gets his share of boards. Gooch can jump and is very athletic. #45 is way too short to play the post, but has good fundamentals. Tate is slow, but has potential. Of the 4 Sophs, Hammonds is a D-I prospect, and Tate could be if he becomes aggressive and gets quicker. Gooch is a division I dunker, but not a true basketball player. #45 is way too slow and short to ever consider playing college ball

Siegel is a year away from being a good team and 2 years away from being a very good team. And that is only if they have a PG to replace Cutter.

Cutter is not being utilized as a scorer. Overton did a good job of clamping down on him, but it is obvious that Siegel is using him as a setup man. If this were 2 years down the road, then I would like the way Cutter is playing as a PG and looking to pass first and then score. Siegel is not ready for that. If they want to make it out of their district, then they better start using Cutter as a scorer - set picks for him and actually look for him when he is open. Cutter played a great floor game and was very unselfish, but missed key free throws and tried to draw contact at the end and the refs were not going to call it.

Coaching for Siegel is questionable. They called a timeout when they were on a major run and had the momentum in their favor - ??????????????? Plus, they don't use Cutter???????? I will say in their defense that you can't blame coaching for missing free throws - like Siegel did - including Cutter. You can't blame them for not having a big man inside.

To say the least, I was disappointed in Siegel and see them placing 4th or 5th in 7AAA.

What credentials do you have for your expert criticism. I was at the game last night, but im not going to get on here based off one game and say they'll be 4th or 5th. Were you at the Wilson Central game? In which Siegel dominated and looked like a 1 or 2? No you weren't.

Did not mean to offend you. You must be a loyal fan.

I did not see the Wilson Central game, but I do think that Wilson Central's football players were not playing in that game. Even so, that was a quality win for Siegel and I do think they have potential. I just don't think this is their year. They are just too young and don't play to win. When their PG comes out, it is 100% street ball and that is an indicator of inexperience. Siegel needs more size under the basket - not just height. And, they need Cutter to score.

Just my opinion. But, I don't think it would take a basketball genius to figure out what I am saying.

I drove down to the Siegel game because I have heard great things about Siegel this year. The word on the street is that their Sophs are phenomenal and they have one of the best PG's in the state. They had only lost one game against a very good Farragut team by only 1 point.

based on what I saw...............................

Overton beat them in a good game.

The Sophs are good, but not what I was expecting. However, I like Hammonds. He is very smooth and has a knack for scoring. He is also long and is a pretty smart player. He blocks a lot of shots and gets his share of boards. Gooch can jump and is very athletic. #45 is way too short to play the post, but has good fundamentals. Tate is slow, but has potential. Of the 4 Sophs, Hammonds is a D-I prospect, and Tate could be if he becomes aggressive and gets quicker. Gooch is a division I dunker, but not a true basketball player. #45 is way too slow and short to ever consider playing college ball

Siegel is a year away from being a good team and 2 years away from being a very good team. And that is only if they have a PG to replace Cutter.

Cutter is not being utilized as a scorer. Overton did a good job of clamping down on him, but it is obvious that Siegel is using him as a setup man. If this were 2 years down the road, then I would like the way Cutter is playing as a PG and looking to pass first and then score. Siegel is not ready for that. If they want to make it out of their district, then they better start using Cutter as a scorer - set picks for him and actually look for him when he is open. Cutter played a great floor game and was very unselfish, but missed key free throws and tried to draw contact at the end and the refs were not going to call it.

Coaching for Siegel is questionable. They called a timeout when they were on a major run and had the momentum in their favor - ??????????????? Plus, they don't use Cutter???????? I will say in their defense that you can't blame coaching for missing free throws - like Siegel did - including Cutter. You can't blame them for not having a big man inside.

To say the least, I was disappointed in Siegel and see them placing 4th or 5th in 7AAA.

If you saw Siegel last year then you would be proud that Cutter is not shooting the ball all the time. He did not have a good feel for the court last year and is playing a more TEAM oriented style of play. Hopefully he can enjoy playing and not have so much pressure on him to produce like last year. Ive never seen him have so many assists that he has this year. Very positive play coming out of Siegel so far, even with the 2 losses.

What credentials do you have for your expert criticism. I was at the game last night, but im not going to get on here based off one game and say they'll be 4th or 5th. Were you at the Wilson Central game? In which Siegel dominated and looked like a 1 or 2? No you weren't.

The game was close til the end against winlson central. Wilson Centrl was missing 3-4 keeeeeey players...so go ahead get pumped off that win. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />