7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

Cutter played a great game as did Montori Hughes. Just not enough defense in the 4th quarter to hold on. Missing free throws turned out costly also as cutter missed one that would have tied with under a minute left. We lost because of lack of defense and just not enough clutch plays made late in the game. Number 12 is a player for Cookeville as is 33 and 10. There a solid team all around. Siegel was out coached tonight also by Cookevilles coach. Just a tough one to take when your players do all they can and come up 2 points short.Parents did fine. Very small crowd for a siegel game.

This is not the first time missing free throws has lost Siegel a game this season or in its history. Not sure if Siegel even practices free throws with some of the percentages they have posted in their brief history. If Siegel wants to have success as the season continues on, they will have to learn to shoot free throws consistently. Congrats to Cookeville on the big win, just proves that this district gets crazier and crazier each and every year.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im in class, so I got the next best thing, a portable radio player /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

ah, class interfered with me aswell tonight...nothing like craming to get your spanish 2 credit at night school at holloway your last semester in high school /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

got there early in the 3rd when the game was tied at 36, you guys missed a CLASSIC tonight. it truly lived to its title, the BATTLE of the boro.

one of the most physical ballgames i have ever seen. the refs were letting the boys play tonight, many no calls. thats what made it entertaining tho was that opened the door for all the intensity in the world. both teams made very nice runs. both teams made huge defensive plays. if it had been a game about executing your game plan and plays, the W would have belonged to oakland, but it turned into a track meet which worked in riverdales favor

joey lee was in BEAST MODE, was great. brought speed to the court, protected the ball, shot well, stole the ball, drew fouls, complete performance. he was having fun out there and thats something this warrior team has not done much this year.

scolfield and jones made HUGE vital shots at different parts in the game. leonard, howard, and nowlin held their own defensively. best game i have seen the freshman mcdonald play aswell, he wasnt the least intimidated to drive on the big boys. and as usual, great complete performance from michael young.

AND THAT WAS ONLY HALF OF IT (since i missed the first half)

love this game every time its played, growing up with guys in both colors. 24 of oaklands points tonight came from guys who switched colors. love seeing everyone play, but these things make the W all the sweeter.

all the respect for oaklands great program. 4-17 vs. 16-2 but still makes for a great game. good luck to the patriots, till they meet again /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Anybody that went to the Blackman-Lebanon game tonight, did yall notice how bad the refs were? I'm not saying it was the refs fault for losing; they got beat by 11 and Lebanon was clearly the better team. There were a lot of HORRIBLE calls both ways; two CLEAR back-court violations that weren't called. If refs like this aren't removed from the district then I'm feeling sorry for the teams in the future that have to deal with it.

Also, has anybody noticed how "slippery/bouncy" the rims are in Lebanon? I'm not sure there's such thing as a "lucky roll in that gym"

Guess you forgot about Lucas playing at OHS til he bailed on them......after getting mad at King. That wasn't planned in 8th grade was it?

Didn't forget about that. He didn't go immediately and not sure if he planned at all at first. Was speaking more of Jimmy, Darius, Rod, and Keith who were there from the beginning. Although everyone heard rumblings all of our sophomore year that Lucas was coming even before his blow ups with King considering he hang out with mostly Siegel people anyways. Don't know if he would have come without the arguments with King but the rumors were certainly out there that his family was moving into the Siegel zone. Nothing definitive either way there.

Didn't forget about that. He didn't go immediately and not sure if he planned at all at first. Was speaking more of Jimmy, Darius, Rod, and Keith who were there from the beginning. Although everyone heard rumblings all of our sophomore year that Lucas was coming even before his blow ups with King considering he hang out with mostly Siegel people anyways. Don't know if he would have come without the arguments with King but the rumors were certainly out there that his family was moving into the Siegel zone. Nothing definitive either way there.

Luke wanted to join the crew at Siegel. The blowups with King were just the straw that broke the camels back. Once King and him got into it, I am willing to bet that turned him to Siegel, once his parents got ticked at King as well.