District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

We do play as a team because we have to...there is no Jake West anymore...obviously...but jake west was not a ball hog...he was our best player and he would take most the shot because duh...he was our best player...and at crucial moments of the game the other 4 players on the court looked like they backed away from the ball so Jake done what he could with it...sometimes good sometimes bad...but i would not classify him as a ball hog...in my opinion. It will be tough for SC this year...new coach bought a new system that changes the tempo of the game...Jake Taylor will be a presence in the middle...not as thick as Lancaster but much taller...can dunk with barely any jump...very lanky,good on the boards and will throw it in the bleachers if not careful...The Smith twins...both very good shooters,both handle the ball well and both play pretty good defense...i guess u could call that the Big 3 for SC...we bring alot of speed and plenty of talent but not very much size with the exception of 3 or 4 guys over 6'1...i do not think we will be last maybe 5th...will be hard to make the post season over Harpeth,Sycamore,Creekwood and Cheatam...oh and the Coach is Coach Rickman from Memphis...won a State Title as a assistant coach...GO REBS!!!

well everyone has there own opinions about players. but i kno about Taylor and The Twins from last yr. but what about these newcomers and the so called good ones that are coming back? how do they play? and oh them other 4 players never backed away Jake would never give them the ball to win/score. yea i say that it will be tough, but never under estimate the low man on the totem pole.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well everyone has there own opinions about players. but i kno about Taylor and The Twins from last yr. but what about these newcomers and the so called good ones that are coming back? how do they play? and oh them other 4 players never backed away Jake would never give them the ball to win/score. yea i say that it will be tough, but never under estimate the low man on the totem pole.

well Taylor could get beat up by a thicker guy cuz is a more lanky guy buy will be hard to go up over him...and the twins are bout bout 6'0 foot tall and they play scappy not afraid to go to the floor to get the loose ball and both have good fundamental jump shot that usaully find a way to go in...pretty tought def...the new guys will be Caleb Rozet...could see alot of time in the post or maybe on the wing...will shoot from anywhere and not afraid to take the big shot or shoot when he is open...Matt Earhart will open at the PG spot(also starting QB for the Rebels football team)good handles,does not get ratteled very easily playing football helps him stay composed in tough situations...Gavin Wallace could see time bringin down the ball...more of a scorer than a defender...thats bout it

so how bout the depth of sc?? from the way you talk you have 3 guys that can run the game....you gotta have depth to win it though...and with a new coach and new coaching comes troubles for the older guys who were used to playing the way they have been, which was give it to west, but now they gotta learn new so im goina say the early season for the rebels is goina be miserable, now they might get a little better but i dont see 5th place or better...jmo but im goina say 7th or 8th this season, next season could look brighter but these are all just opinions cuz i havent seen anything to tell me they will be better but good luck to ya'l

so how bout the depth of sc?? from the way you talk you have 3 guys that can run the game....you gotta have depth to win it though...and with a new coach and new coaching comes troubles for the older guys who were used to playing the way they have been, which was give it to west, but now they gotta learn new so im goina say the early season for the rebels is goina be miserable, now they might get a little better but i dont see 5th place or better...jmo but im goina say 7th or 8th this season, next season could look brighter but these are all just opinions cuz i havent seen anything to tell me they will be better but good luck to ya'l

yea i would have to agree. are all these ppl that are mentioned as guards or as posts/center. or what? i think that i heard someone mention that one of the twins are out for injuries. when will he be back?

Montgomery Central won tonite 60-53 against Hickman County. Hard fought game on both sides. Central got up 18 by the half but Hickman fought back and bgot the game tied back up by the end of the 3rd. Central got back to playin sum defense and not firein up quick shots in the 4th and end up winning. Its great to be 2-0 after the last few years, hopefully it continues. Keep playin hard Central

any predictions for the kenwood-harpeth game tomorrow?

Kenwood will be very athletic like usual. If Tyler Caruthers gets to play which is doubtful from what I hear, that is just another scoring threat. Also if Cody Hudson gets to play it will be another penetrator/mid range shooter. It should be a good game, and a hard fought game. Team with the least amount of turnovers wins the game, and i think that team will be Harpeth, but who knows.

Well macdaddy042 Sc could be a surprise team or just the opposite but anyways Sc has 3 scorers and a lot of good role players and contributers. They can go 8-9 deep with 2 freshmen possibly playing.

PG-Matt Earhart-good leader and floor general

SG-Boone Smith-good all-around player

SF Brandon Lee/Andrew Greenhill-both will play alot and start the first game or 2 until Dylan is healthy.

PF-Dylan Smith-not your typical PF

C-Jacob Taylor-6'7 post who is big lanky and can shoot decent should see a lot of double doubles

Reserves

Guard- Gavin Wallace-fast good defensive player

Guard- Zac Davis- freshmen but can play

Forward- Taylor Craig- Coach Craig's son can play pretty tall for a freshmen will be really good sooner than later

Forward-Camron Taylor- Good defensive player handles the ball well for a 4

Center-Caleb Rozet- starting WR for football has good hands can play

These are 9-11 guys that would prolly make the rotation the freshmen might not I don't know. Might not even dress.

Macdaddy042 You know me pretty well if you are the Steeler fan I think you are.

Finally someone asks about the bench.... I have attended all pre-season scrimmages and the bench is not very deep. A couple of football players have joined practice now and gives us a few more options but all and all we are going to suffer due to no bench. The team has more than 3 players to count on. In fact, the fastest person on the team with the best defense has not even been named. In speaking with him, he had rather it be that way. He wants to play ball not be named for something that he isn't.

Our team consist of the following boys.(J. Taylor, the Smith boys, Earhart, C. Taylor, Wallace and Lee) They can be a threat if they play as a team.

The season is going to be very rough. Don't get me wrong I love SC but the new coaching style has hurt them so far. The juniors that have played together for years will be the team to beat next year. But I do think we are going to suffer for awhile until they find their way.

Well macdaddy042 Sc could be a surprise team or just the opposite but anyways Sc has 3 scorers and a lot of good role players and contributers. They can go 8-9 deep with 2 freshmen possibly playing.

SF Brandon Lee/Andrew Greenhill-both will play alot and start the first game or 2 until Dylan is healthy.

C-Jacob Taylor-6'7 post who is big lanky and can shoot decent should see a lot of double doubles

Reserves

Forward- Taylor Craig- Coach Craig's son can play pretty tall for a freshmen will be really good sooner than later

These are 9-11 guys that would prolly make the rotation the freshmen might not I don't know. Might not even dress.

Thanks for finishing what i started...might be rough this year but most the guys are juniors and sophomores...so next year will look bright!!!Caleb will see plenty of time at 3 and 4 this year!!Forgot bout Travis Tuttle could see some playin...prolly bout 6'2 decent shot,pretty good ups...prolly be playing the 4 or 5 when he gets in the game!!!

Montgomery Central won tonite 60-53 against Hickman County. Hard fought game on both sides. Central got up 18 by the half but Hickman fought back and bgot the game tied back up by the end of the 3rd. Central got back to playin sum defense and not firein up quick shots in the 4th and end up winning. Its great to be 2-0 after the last few years, hopefully it continues. Keep playin hard Central

Don't get too excited. Waverly played Hickman County Tuesday night in the Hall of Fame game and lost in overtime. Found out that Hickman though was playing without 4 of their starters and would be the case last ight too.

Reserves

I hope that the order you put these boys in are not the order you think they will play. If so you haven't seen some of them get on the floor. The description of some of the players is WAY OFF. The first 7 to 8 players are so even that any could do the job. In this I mean the ones that can play the best. For what it is worth, it is not who you stated. As I have said before, I know this team well. I have followed them closely since I graduated eons ago. I have attended the scrimmages and the silent unmentioned boys are the biggest threats. Everyone can describe the boys and name the obvious first 3 but they are forgetting the ones that will make the greatest contributions without all the talk involved. From the last few years, the boys that make the greatest contributions to the team did not have their names in the paper or talked about everywhere you went. They were the ones that lead the team on the floor with their heart and played until they couldn't move a muscle the next day. They are the ones that left the gym trying to determine what they could do better the next game. At this point, there are 3 players that do that now. One you listed as a starter and the other two you listed as reserve players. The players that will make the greatest contributions to the team will play with heart until the last second and they are not flashy scorers. They are the 2 best defensive players and the one new offensive player. So for SC to be a threat they need to win with their defense. The offense will come if they are patient.

Defense wins games. Offense sells tickets.