District 7AA

Stealer007

Of course .....Dunn will work his magic. Ramsey is looking better every year.....this year he should be rocking the boards! Since we lost Tyson.... I think Smith & Melton will help with the 3-point shot. If I were to be a betting man.....which I am from time to time....I would say TJ Smith is the sleeper for LA. I have a feeling this kid will show what he's got this year.

I agree with all of that.

Not only will other teams be amazed by Dunn's magic, they will also be wondering how they are going to stop TJ Smith. TJ is an excellent all-round basketball player. He can do it all. He is the type of player to come into the game and score 10 or more straight points before the other team finds out what is going on. He might not fully explode this year, but trust me. . . He will.

Chase Dunn is going to be the first guy from LA to get a major scholarship, but I look for TJ to have almost similar attention his senior year.

I saw were Scrubbadub mention that Ramsey is getting better. Thats for sure. I saw Ramsey play a few times this summer. He is playing much more physical and is doing an excellent job on the boards. His defensive play has improved as well.

I believe that Kendall Melton will get plenty of playing time this season. Yes, the Wildcats are deep at the guard position, but Kendall is also a big piece of the LA puzzle along with Justin Poston.

A lot of people will be surprised as to how much guard Todd Smith has improved over the summer as well.

LA is going to be able to breeze through the district, so its a good thing Coach Melton has loaded up their schedule with power-house AAA teams to help get them ready for the post season. We just might be surprised as to how well the Wildcats handle these big AAA schools.

Coach Melton is doing an excellent job at LA. Like him or not, he does more than just win ball games. He pushes his young men to be the best they can be on and off the court. In the future this is going to give several of them the chance to play basketball and further their education at the college level.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is LA's district this year...but people shouldnt count out Dekalb just because they lost Bass. A lot of talent has come up from the middle school and Coach Martin seems to know how to use it to the fullest. Remember the year Cody Randolph was a junior....DC was supposed to have a rebuilding year and look how they did. The fight for second place could be a lot closer than people think. There will be some rough games between DC and Upperman this year. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

yes those are three 3 players on upperman and they are just juniors. i cant wait for the livingston game against upperman. sleeper this year: york watch out for them bring back delk who i felt was a better than stcokton last year. yorks biggest lost though was beaty and cooper.

correction Stealer, York's biggest losses were Coaches Winningham and Matney. The team will have to wait on Coaches Wright and Williams to finish football and the way York is playing that may be a while.

correction Stealer, York's biggest losses were Coaches Winningham and Matney. The team will have to wait on Coaches Wright and Williams to finish football and the way York is playing that may be a while.

York has a pretty good core group returning with Delk, Atkinson, Smith & Allred.

Coach Wright and Coach Williams will do fine with the delayed start.

No doubt that Livingston has the most talent. Talent and potential however don't always get it done. Coach McWilliams at Upperman will no doubt find a way to rebuild or reload (use whichever term you like) and one would think that DeKalb would be pretty decent.

Not sure what Cannon, Smith and Macon graduated but I would guess they would be very competitive.

Could be a very interesting season in district 7aa this year. Hopefully the dragons will surprise some folks and finish in the top tier of the district.

Go York

York has a pretty good core group returning with Delk, Atkinson, Smith & Allred.

Coach Wright and Coach Williams will do fine with the delayed start.

No doubt that Livingston has the most talent. Talent and potential however don't always get it done. Coach McWilliams at Upperman will no doubt find a way to rebuild or reload (use whichever term you like) and one would think that DeKalb would be pretty decent.

Not sure what Cannon, Smith and Macon graduated but I would guess they would be very competitive.

Could be a very interesting season in district 7aa this year. Hopefully the dragons will surprise some folks and finish in the top tier of the district.

Go York

I agree with talent and potential comment..But, you left out the desire or will (use whichever term you like) to win. These boys have that to go along with talent and potential.

GO BIG BLUE!!

Talent and potential however don't always get it done.

Go York

Thats true. But when you got the heart and desire that the LA boys have along with a coach like Melton you are going to go a long way...

The fight in this district is for second place... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Thats true. But when you got the heart and desire that the LA boys have along with a coach like Melton you are going to go a long way...

The fight in this district is for second place... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Yes livingston will win the district but how many losses will they have if any they have been surprised. Mainly a 0-2 DeKalb team at home last year. Thanks to Coach meltdown getting that T was the dumbest thing he could do to his team

Yes livingston will win the district but how many losses will they have if any they have been surprised. Mainly a 0-2 DeKalb team at home last year. Thanks to Coach meltdown getting that T was the dumbest thing he could do to his team

blunder, perhaps. I think LA went to Dekalb and pretty much spanked them. imagine that "dumb" coach being at LA for 2 years and winning the regular season district and district tournament both years, and last year did it with 3 upper classmen & 9 freshman and sophs.

you'd better have more talent than LA cause you won't outwork them. I think they are more hungry than ever.THey also know how hard it is to win inthis district. I don't think they will overlook anyone.

Stealer, I am pretty sure I know Coach Melton better than you do. I am curious to know if you know what he said to get ejected from that game? He said in a calm voice, "right there was the foul." Mr. puffed chest ref didnn't like it and T's him up and ejects him from the game. I agree getting tossed generally does not help the team, although sometimes it does work to help fire up the kids (not this case however). I just think "know before you post". And please don't come back with, he should've kept quite or any of the like. Coaches say alot more and recieve alot less. Lastly, is he really that dumb? Or do you have a problem with his coaching? Or is the "meltdown" comment for this isolated occurrence? Which was last season. I am curious to know? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You guys sure do have high hopes. And I agree that LA will be good again this year. But lately the other side of the region has dominated your district in the tourney. I think Dunn will need will need more than magic to get out of the region with Gaines from WH and Jenkins from SC coming back. What do you think?

if you don't set high goals, how are you gonna get there right? you are right about 8AA dominating 7AA in years past, but are the tables beginning to turn? two years ago, not one 7aa team won a game in the region. I believe LA (7aa # 1) lost to eventual state semifinalist Goodpasture. Macon County, Upperman, and Dekalb barely got beat that night.

Last year, 7aa's 6th place Smith County wound up second in the district tourney and won the first game of the region, then lost to WH in the semis by about 13, not too bad for regular season 6th place team. LA thumped a not very good DCA in the region quarters and lost a close one to Station Camp who had to come from behind to beat Dekalb at SC in the quarters. LA beat Station Camp at Christmas the year before that.

Will it be easy? Of course not. Is it possible? Absolutely. Dunn is great, but definitely not the only player on LA's team. and when those guys come together, I believe the high hopes are justified. Lots of ball to played before then. Personally, I hope people go ahead and underestimate them. That will make it easier for the Cats.