Dobyns-Bennett vs Karns

Tribefb

Everybody must be worn out from last nights games.I'll say that DB is going to be a very hard match up for the guys from knoxville in this one. DB needs to do whatever it takes to get out with a win first and do a better job of getting the first teamers off the field.It is something to see some of your starters in the game late with a 30-6 lead.Makes no common sense what so ever. The bench seniors and top players for the next year or two should have been playing all of the last several minutes.........................................................................

................................................................................

................................................................................

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody must be worn out from last nights games.I'll say that DB is going to be a very hard match up for the guys from knoxville in this one. DB needs to do whatever it takes to get out with a win first and do a better job of getting the first teamers off the field.It is something to see some of your starters in the game late with a 30-6 lead.Makes no common sense what so ever. The bench seniors and top players for the next year or two should have been playing all of the last several minutes.........................................................................

Yes our starters are in way late in the game.But you know in the jv games there are alot of players who are playing the whole jv game.So in reality they are getting playing time,just not on varsity.With 100+ players it is hard to play everyone.There are varsity players who are not getting in.When you run the ball all night there are not but a few people who are touching the ball.DB(s) line did an excellent job of blocking and making holes the last two games.I hope we don't get a false feeling that we are unstoppable.Delay of game is killing us.Whats the deal with that?Everybody is watching Clark signal in the play even the opposing team.NO advantage whats so ever.We are currently on cruise control against some medicore teams,hope we don't slack up or fall to sleep.It seems that we are falling into a pattern that since we are winning everything is fine,we are along way from playing with the big boys.Read some of the highlights of the games being played elsewhere.Karns will be another pushover DB by 16 in this one.Sensabaugh should thank the line,you can drive trucks thru those holes.

Yes our starters are in way late in the game.But you know in the jv games there are alot of players who are playing the whole jv game.So in reality they are getting playing time,just not on varsity.With 100+ players it is hard to play everyone.There are varsity players who are not getting in.When you run the ball all night there are not but a few people who are touching the ball.DB(s) line did an excellent job of blocking and making holes the last two games.I hope we don't get a false feeling that we are unstoppable.Delay of game is killing us.Whats the deal with that?Everybody is watching Clark signal in the play even the opposing team.NO advantage whats so ever.We are currently on cruise control against some medicore teams,hope we don't slack up or fall to sleep.It seems that we are falling into a pattern that since we are winning everything is fine,we are along way from playing with the big boys.Read some of the highlights of the games being played elsewhere.Karns will be another pushover DB by 16 in this one.Sensabaugh should thank the line,you can drive trucks thru those holes.

I'm saying put the 2ed team in the game and rotate some other kids in for a while.Then put the third string in and rotate for a while.We done it against Elizabethton.When you have a three or four touchdown lead,you should be able to run out the clock while building for the future and protecting the victory.

It sounds like we see a lot of the same bad posibilities by beating up on these teams right now.I think Chris gives us something we were lacking at halfback.Had we took the ball straight at SC on the first drive,it would have been in the books a lot quicker. There must be some advantage coach can see by not running the play in.

It sounds like we see a lot of the same bad posibilities by beating up on these teams right now.I think Chris gives us something we were lacking at halfback.Had we took the ball straight at SC on the first drive,it would have been in the books a lot quicker. There must be some advantage coach can see by not running the play in.

Chris is giving us what we have needed all year,a runner who runs north and south and fights for every inch he can get.I wished we had him at the begining of the year when we were playing them hard teams.With the QB back under center and Chris moved up and an occasional pass now and than has this team looking alot better.Receivers were open all night against SC but we didn't have to pass caused SC never stopped the run.We will see down the road if we can compete against the big boys.Get better every week.The only advantage you get by not running the play in,that I see,is keeping the same players on the field.Everybody in the stadium is watching the coach signal in the play.Did you see SC shift their players each time GC signaled in a play?It seems at times they knew exactly which side of the field we were running to.Running a reverse to the short side doesn't give a player much room to work with.IMO.

I have no complaints. We just beat Sevier County 30 - 6 and it could of been worse. The starters need to stay in the game until midway thru the 4th qtr. to get used to playing a full game. The playoffs are just around the corner. I was glad to see Sensabaugh get 20 carries and show he could take it. With him running the ball and controlling the clock will keep the other team's offense off the field, resting our defense and making them fresh for the 4th. quarter. Will pay off in the playoffs.

I have no complaints. We just beat Sevier County 30 - 6 and it could of been worse. The starters need to stay in the game until midway thru the 4th qtr. to get used to playing a full game. The playoffs are just around the corner. I was glad to see Sensabaugh get 20 carries and show he could take it. With him running the ball and controlling the clock will keep the other team's offense off the field, resting our defense and making them fresh for the 4th. quarter. Will pay off in the playoffs.

I dont think it could have been much worse considering the starters were in until the final minutes. Keeping starting players in until the last 2 minutes of a game does not get you in shape. Swimmers, track and cross country dont get in shape the day of competition. They need to do a better job of getting in shape at practice and not just a couple sprints at the end of practice. A starter that has a field day no matter a Fr or Sr does not need to be playing at the end of the game this past Friday night. Neither did some of the other starters on both sides of the ball. With DBs starting Def backs still in the game and SC subbing running backs, GC reaked of something and I'm not sure of what. That is either rubbing SC's nose in it or just dumb. If you are going to leave the starters in, then practice what you can not do as in throw the ball. DB mastered running the ball by the 3rd quarter and should have tried a few passes. CS will continue to do well at tailback and with QB under center. When it comes time to play the stiff competition they will need JL as a blocking fullback. Move JS to receiver and let him do his thing in the open field with a one on one.

I dont think it could have been much worse considering the starters were in until the final minutes. Keeping starting players in until the last 2 minutes of a game does not get you in shape. Swimmers, track and cross country dont get in shape the day of competition. They need to do a better job of getting in shape at practice and not just a couple sprints at the end of practice. A starter that has a field day no matter a Fr or Sr does not need to be playing at the end of the game this past Friday night. Neither did some of the other starters on both sides of the ball. With DBs starting Def backs still in the game and SC subbing running backs, GC reaked of something and I'm not sure of what. That is either rubbing SC's nose in it or just dumb. If you are going to leave the starters in, then practice what you can not do as in throw the ball. DB mastered running the ball by the 3rd quarter and should have tried a few passes. CS will continue to do well at tailback and with QB under center. When it comes time to play the stiff competition they will need JL as a blocking fullback. Move JS to receiver and let him do his thing in the open field with a one on one.

You just don't get it. And you never will.

I agree with a previous post our line is finally healthy and it is paying off, why cant a WR just get the dang play instead of us havin to get delay of game penalties all the time,especially with a stadium that has a playclock right in front of the QB, 2 of those were in the redzone. Anyway we ran all over an underachieving SC team big deal, we should have tried new plays and opened up the playbook a little more when the game was well in doubt by the early 3rd quarter just to get some game experience executing plays, because we cant just run these plays they've worked on in practice and expect them to work just dandy vs. a solid team like JC they need to be ran during a game so adjustments can be made, I swear did GC and Fulmer grow up together??? because the similarities are uncanny.

wow...who thought early in the season this offense would be accused of running up the score? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />