Who is going to win District 14A?

westtnbball2

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you think Yorkville and Spring Hill I know what your going to think...the same thing ptguard12 thought...their a small school and not that great, just someone talking up their jr. high...that's not the case, the Jr. Pioneers starting 5 is a very athletic group of players and coached by an awesome coach, Paige McMillan(Yes, that's Kevin McMillan's wife whom is Gibson Co.'s coach this year). Has LCMS played Medina? If so I'll be able to get an idea of how good LC is as I have seen Medina play..

G.C..I really just wanted to post and give Pt.Guard our schedule ..Since this is a District 14 post..that's all I'm going to say about the middle school

G.C..I really just wanted to post and give Pt.Guard our schedule ..Since this is a District 14 post..that's all I'm going to say about the middle school

Yup, sorry about the topic change..back on topic now...Were talking bout Lake Co. so while were on the topic of Lake Co. is there a head office person for the NY Giants that resides in Lake Co.???

Played them this summer beat em rather handily. I know you sa y aw that is back in the summer it doesnt count. Yea but it is a measuring stick. Ask coach russell bout LCMS ask coach Mcmillian Paige or Kevin. Take all of the Gibson Co school system middle schools get your best 5 girls and LCMS will still beat em . Not braggin they are just that good. Beat Martin,Dyersburg with out 3 starters this fall. Hope this gives u a better gage

SBL

I work in Mayfield and work with a guy that has a daughter play for Graves Co.,Ky Eagles Jr High...She is a 7th grader and they took both teams(Blue team & Gray Team) to Bowling Green,Ky to play in a tournament this past weekend and they won the whole thing...They actually had to play each other in the semi-finals...Anyway,I asked him if they had played any Tennessee teams in the summer and he said he thought they had played Lake County's Jr High team..He said they were not much of problem..He told me nobody has beaten their Blue team 7th graders and they play against teams with 7th and 8th graders combined...I'm going to go see them play one afternoon after work since they play at 4:30 & 5:00...Just wonder if you remember playing Graves County in any scrimmages...This school had 45-50 girls try out for both 7th and 8th grade teams and they cut it down to two teams with 11 players each..He tried explaining to me how their schedule worked since they play with 4 different teams...They don't combine their 7th & 8th graders..They all play seperate schedules....It was quite confusing...

Staying on topic though....Has anyone seen Union City's girl play??...They lost their two top scorers in Debrisha Robinson(graduation) & Labrica Ward(suspended or quit) and Brittany Taylor.....

They return a few kids from last year's team...They are still real young and I haven't heard a word about them....Only that they are being picked middle to bottom of the district....

I also know South Fulton got two transfers from Graves County.....I don't know who they are but they are used to playing big schools up in Kentucky(Marshall Co and Paducah Tighlman for example) and winning...They may factor into this district race more than people are thinking...

I work in Mayfield and work with a guy that has a daughter play for Graves Co.,Ky Eagles Jr High...She is a 7th grader and they took both teams(Blue team & Gray Team) to Bowling Green,Ky to play in a tournament this past weekend and they won the whole thing...They actually had to play each other in the semi-finals...Anyway,I asked him if they had played any Tennessee teams in the summer and he said he thought they had played Lake County's Jr High team..He said they were not much of problem..He told me nobody has beaten their Blue team 7th graders and they play against teams with 7th and 8th graders combined...I'm going to go see them play one afternoon after work since they play at 4:30 & 5:00...Just wonder if you remember playing Graves County in any scrimmages...This school had 45-50 girls try out for both 7th and 8th grade teams and they cut it down to two teams with 11 players each..He tried explaining to me how their schedule worked since they play with 4 different teams...They don't combine their 7th & 8th graders..They all play seperate schedules....It was quite confusing...

Played graves at Murray this past summer all of their teams and played a graves team in the fall league in Dyersburg. Won all games against them except one. It was our 7th game in 2 days with only 5 players there. Fall league in dburg they didnt come close. The only team we have played in three years that we were "no problem for " was the Memphis Lady Elite AAU that draws from 100 miles around memphis. This daddy is severely mistaken when it comes to being no problem. Just ask the coaches Mcmillian from Gibson Co.

SBL

Staying on topic though....Has anyone seen Union City's girl play??...They lost their two top scorers in Debrisha Robinson(graduation) & Labrica Ward(suspended or quit) and Brittany Taylor.....

They return a few kids from last year's team...They are still real young and I haven't heard a word about them....Only that they are being picked middle to bottom of the district....

I also know South Fulton got two transfers from Graves County.....I don't know who they are but they are used to playing big schools up in Kentucky(Marshall Co and Paducah Tighlman for example) and winning...They may factor into this district race more than people are thinking...

Im sure this will help SF but Kentucky girls bball as a whole is behind west tn girls bball in general. Saying that though , Marshall and Graves are usually pretty decent. Just depends on the two girls that transferred. Were they starters, second team or what? Im sure they will factor some.

SBL

Played graves at Murray this past summer all of their teams and played a graves team in the fall league in Dyersburg. Won all games against them except one. It was our 7th game in 2 days with only 5 players there. Fall league in dburg they didnt come close. The only team we have played in three years that we were "no problem for " was the Memphis Lady Elite AAU that draws from 100 miles around memphis. This daddy is severely mistaken when it comes to being no problem. Just ask the coaches Mcmillian from Gibson Co.

SBL

It is possible that they played our 6th grade team and beat them. But not our 8th grade team.

SBL

Was he at the Dyersburg Jamboree do you know??? Someone I was with was thinking that was him as he was decked out in a Giants hat and Giants shirt

G.C.Reese's mother and stepdad live in Lake Co as does his brother..Could have been his brother..More than likely the guy you saw though was Reese's brother-in-law..He used to play football and was an all-state lineman..went and starred at the University of Memphis and was drafted by Miami..I believe he tore a knee up against the Chicago Bears in a pre-season game and believe after that he may have played a little Arena football..but not sure about that..But anyway he,s an assisant football coach at Lake Co .High school and has a daughter that starts for the Lady Falcons but didn't play due to knee surgery..I believe she will be back after or around Christmas..Another starter,Renita Kinney also didn't play in the jamboree..I didn't see Greg at the jamboree,but I'm pretty sure that's the person you saw!

Im sure this will help SF but Kentucky girls bball as a whole is behind west tn girls bball in general. Saying that though , Marshall and Graves are usually pretty decent. Just depends on the two girls that transferred. Were they starters, second team or what? Im sure they will factor some.

SBL

Yeah, some AA and AAA are ahead of the bigger schools in Western Ky,but not alot of the 1A teams.....I'm not sure,I can't get anybody to say..SF's preview will be in our paper in a couple of days,I'll know then...