Who is going to win District 14A?

westtnbball2

The words "sour grapes" come to mind. As well as "here's a crying towel for you."

I beg to differ on your comment about "it wasn't because of shooting skills." Gleason shot 51.3 percent from the floor, 44.8 percent from three-point range, and 92.3 percent from the foul line. No, you're right, they couldn't shoot at all. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

If you know what they're going to do, defend it. If you can't, it's no one's fault but yours. You have a chance to force them out of that game by getting a lead on them, but you know what? You couldn't. Heck, your team did good to score 20.

Heck, you can't score if you don't have the freaking ball. How can you get ahead if the team holds the ball?? Besides it is a 4 quarter game not a 2 quarter game.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right TheBoredGuy, it's called disciplined basketball tnborn, LEARN IT!

ROFL Coach Brown has never had an undisciplined basketball team. Hold the ball gleason casue you sure can't play 4 quarters. If memory serves me correctly, gleason held the ball on oliver springs when gleason got ahead. I think a 30 second clock should be implemented cause you sure couldn't win then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFL Coach Brown has never had an undisciplined basketball team. Hold the ball gleason casue you sure can't play 4 quarters. If memory serves me correctly, gleason held the ball on oliver springs when gleason got ahead. I think a 30 second clock should be implemented cause you sure couldn't win then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tnborn I'm assuming you are from Jackson Co. from your last post. Gleason didn't have to hold the ball on Jackson Co. They were up like 19-4 to start the game. It was over in the first qtr. I saw Gleason play several times and Jackson Co. once but from what I saw it wasn't even close as to who was the better team and there were several teams in 14a that were better than Jackson Co. last year.

Well, you just need to hope that you don't face Gleason again when their 30-1 and expect to win!

Lol, Here we go again. Gleason blew your team out. Your school has 500 kids in it, Gleason's has 150. Your school has to "find" players from surrounding towns to compete in single A even though they are one of the biggest, if not the biggest school in single A. You got blown out!! Maybe this years recruits can play D a little better than last years because we scored at will on yall.

And RunandJump, I completely agree with you about the 14A comment. I would rather have played Jackson County, Forrest and Oliver Springs every day of the week at the boro instead of Union City, Lake County, Greenfield, etc. from our district last year.

Lol, Here we go again. Gleason blew your team out. Your school has 500 kids in it, Gleason's has 150. Your school has to "find" players from surrounding towns to compete in single A even though they are one of the biggest, if not the biggest school in single A. You got blown out!! Maybe this years recruits can play D a little better than last years because we scored at will on yall.

And RunandJump, I completely agree with you about the 14A comment. I would rather have played Jackson County, Forrest and Oliver Springs every day of the week at the boro instead of Union City, Lake County, Greenfield, etc. from our district last year.

ROFL Is that so?? We won 4 straight championships in aa all with gainesboro born/reared. We don't have to look for talent around the surrounding areas. Coach brown helps our girls get scholorships.So, players want on opportunity to get scholorships. Granted, the team last year "lucked out" to be in the state. We needed a post player. The pieces to the puzzle have been filled this year. We have a deep bench. Gleason had talent. But the coach had their players to hold the ball. Don't you agree that a 30 second clock would be beneficial??

If it comes down to gleason or jackson county u will be in for a surprise. This team this year has already beaten wislon central in a scrimmage at shelbyville.

Is Jackson Co. a private school now??? I hear their getting new recruits in each year!!!!

like I stated which apparently u can't understand brown helps girls get scholorships.Parents want their daughters an opportunity to get scholorships. Now, every player has to earn a spot. doesn't other teams get new players?? Why is this such a big deal?? When gleason or if gleason and jackson county meeet, the debate here will be settled.

Again, we won the state 4 TIMES CONSECUTIVE IN AA without people from other counties. Brown is a good coach. This was a proven fact last year. Again, is Coach brown to shun people who try out for the team from another county?? get real or grow up one.

like I stated which apparently u can't understand brown helps girls get scholorships.Parents want their daughters an opportunity to get scholorships. Now, every player has to earn a spot. doesn't other teams get new players?? Why is this such a big deal?? When gleason or if gleason and jackson county meeet, the debate here will be settled.

Again, we won the state 4 TIMES CONSECUTIVE IN AA without people from other counties. Brown is a good coach. This was a proven fact last year. Again, is Coach brown to shun people who try out for the team from another county?? get real or grow up one.

How many have you won in single A? We have 3 golds and 1 silver. Jackson County has the chance to be good year in and year out because if they need a post player, they go get one. Need a point gaurd and shooting guard, go get one. You have 3 players you "got" from surrounding towns and I promise it has nothing to do with getting to college cause the one you got this year would have gone just about any where she wanted where she was at so you need to find a new argument. The sad thing is, if Coach Brown was all you make him up to be he wouldn't need any players from any where else, when you have an enrollment of 500 kids you should dominate every year. I know of about 5 coaches in our area that have never won a state championship that could if they had that many to choose from every year. Maybe he should come take some lessons from us little schools about how to "develop" players, not "find" them. By the way, the argument was settled last year when our school of 150, with our 2 starting freshmen embarassed you and your recruits at the Boro.

P.S. You keep saying we held the ball, we scored 19 I believe in the first quarter on yall. Good thing we held it or it would have been ALOT worse!!!

How many have you won in single A? We have 3 golds and 1 silver. Jackson County has the chance to be good year in and year out because if they need a post player, they go get one. Need a point gaurd and shooting guard, go get one. You have 3 players you "got" from surrounding towns and I promise it has nothing to do with getting to college cause the one you got this year would have gone just about any where she wanted where she was at so you need to find a new argument. The sad thing is, if Coach Brown was all you make him up to be he wouldn't need any players from any where else, when you have an enrollment of 500 kids you should dominate every year. I know of about 5 coaches in our area that have never won a state championship that could if they had that many to choose from every year. Maybe he should come take some lessons from us little schools about how to "develop" players, not "find" them. By the way, the argument was settled last year when our school of 150, with our 2 starting freshmen embarassed you and your recruits at the Boro.

P.S. You keep saying we held the ball, we scored 19 I believe in the first quarter on yall. Good thing we held it or it would have been ALOT worse!!!

The recruiting you accuse brown of. First of all, you can't recruit anyone this is high school basketball. All the out of county players started with the ross twins. Then, the following year seiver transfered from smith co. kacy the tall girl that plays for smith county transfered from jackson county. Why not all the belly aching over her transfer?? Laken wasn't recruited. She would have more scholorship opportunites in jackson county . You saw jackson countys team last year. Would you not agree that the team we had, was good coaching to get into the state.? All of those girls have improved. The most improved i think is amy anderson.