MARYVILLE VS HALLS

cobrajet

For example, I am not looking forward to this Friday's game with Bradley because I know it is going to be an absolute beat-down. I would hate it if I thought every week was like this one. This is what you guys have to go through every week. So keep lifting up Halls and then you can be "excited and shocked" when the Rebels win.

etcoach eye guess we are differnt. Eye enjoy the 10+ Fridee's, and maybee a Saturdee or too, of ever footbawl seesun. Eye thought tha Will-Yum Blunt gaim was good and wuz 'nt a "beatdown" so wee didn't go thru hit that weak.

Eye wuz vurry "excited and shocked" when Mairvul wuz supposed to bee "beat-down" in all those baskitbawl turnamint gaims last yeer. Sew yes hit duz happen and sumtimes in strangs of 4 er 5 in a roe.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. It could happen. But IT WON'T! I guess I just do not like it when teams that are good don't want to admit it. They want to always try and make you think they are not as good as they are. Why do some of you continually want to build up the opponent when you know what the outcome is going to be. I guess you guys are so bored you have to try to convince yourself maybe you will see a good game every year or two. For example, I am not looking forward to this Friday's game with Bradley because I know it is going to be an absolute beat-down. I would hate it if I thought every week was like this one. This is what you guys have to go through every week. So keep lifting up Halls and then you can be "excited and shocked" when the Rebels win.

A reason why Maryville is so great and has won 50+ plus games in row is because they never take an opponent lightly. They are not trying to lift Halls fans spirits, they are stating what is clear to them. Winners are never over-confident and go to extreme measures for even the smallest challenges. They go into everygame expecting to win, but knowing that they can lose. It's called being humble, which is a characteristic of a true champion, which maryville is.

You're right. It could happen. But IT WON'T! I guess I just do not like it when teams that are good don't want to admit it. They want to always try and make you think they are not as good as they are. Why do some of you continually want to build up the opponent when you know what the outcome is going to be. I guess you guys are so bored you have to try to convince yourself maybe you will see a good game every year or two. For example, I am not looking forward to this Friday's game with Bradley because I know it is going to be an absolute beat-down. I would hate it if I thought every week was like this one. This is what you guys have to go through every week. So keep lifting up Halls and then you can be "excited and shocked" when the Rebels win.

I never overlook anyone because of these 3 games.

1980 Maryville vs Powell. I was on that 1980 Maryville team. Maryville had just beaten South Young 42-0 to go to 7-0. Maryville was ranked #1 in the state. Powell had lost 21-0 to South Young the week before. Powell looked awful on film. We overlooked them and lost 8-6.

1999 Heritage vs Maryville. Maryville was coming off a 15-0 state championship season. Maryville whipped Alcoa and Central to start the season. Heritage was coming off a 1-9 season. They won 2 close games over South Doyle and Campbell County. I thought Maryville was going to win so bad that I made a bet with a former coworker. Maryville lost the game 26-21 and I lost my bet.

2006 Maryville vs Brainerd. Maryville had won 40 in a row with 5 state titles in 6 seasons. Brainerd had lost to a bad Chatt Central team the week before. Red Bank beat them 77-8. When I saw their 35 players and 15 fans I thought this game was going to be a breather. Brainerd scared Maryville to death before losing 30-26. Maryville outgained Brainerd 375yds to 170. 120 yds was on 2 long touchdown passes. Brainerds 2 other touchdowns were on fumble returns. Everything bad that could happen happened. Maryville had 6 turnovers. Until Adrian Baker ran for the game clinching 1st down none of us Rebel fans breathed easy.

I would not say some of us are building Halls up, but it is foolish to overlook anyone. Just ask Michigan. That "Overlook" may have cost them a shot at the National Championship game.

RebRon made some very good points. The one I remember the most while following Maryville was the 2003 Semi-Final game where Maryville turned the ball over to Morristown West 6-7 times and did not play well enough to advance to the SC game. That game was also decided by FG in overtime. No way was MW as good as Maryville was that year, I don't care what the nay Sayers said. Maryville then watched a MW team get shut out in the state game that year. That loss broke a 39 game win streak and maybe interrupted a streak of 8 straight appearances to the State Game. And we all know how many Maryville have won since 1998. All but two!

Not building up Halls but they deserve respect like every team even Bradley Central. If going to a "Beat Down" is so hard on you coach, why go? Another point is during a beat down a team could lose a key player to injury by thinking the game will be easy. Then your season might not reach its potential. All players need to give 100% every game and this fan supports his team by staying real to the task at hand.

I would not say some of us are building Halls up, but it is foolish to overlook anyone. Just ask Michigan. That "Overlook" may have cost them a shot at the National Championship game.

RebRon made some very good points. The one I remember the most while following Maryville was the 2003 Semi-Final game where Maryville turned the ball over to Morristown West 6-7 times and did not play well enough to advance to the SC game. That game was also decided by FG in overtime. No way was MW as good as Maryville was that year, I don't care what the nay Sayers said. Maryville then watched a MW team get shut out in the state game that year. That loss broke a 39 game win streak and maybe interrupted a streak of 8 straight appearances to the State Game. And we all know how many Maryville have won since 1998. All but two!

Not building up Halls but they deserve respect like every team even Bradley Central. If going to a "Beat Down" is so hard on you coach, why go? Another point is during a beat down a team could lose a key player to injury by thinking the game will be easy. Then your season might not reach its potential. All players need to give 100% every game and this fan supports his team by staying real to the task at hand.

I actually called that game vs MW in 2003. That is the only "football" game I have called for you guys on the radio as being "for you." I told George he doesn't want me back. Although I was good luck for Eldridge last year. Fair enough. I understand your thoughts. I am aware that once in a while, strange things happen. However, being a math teacher of Statistics, I generally lean my thinking towards the statistically likely. In this line of thinking, I am "amazed" when the unthinkable happens. I am not amazed very often. For Halls or Bradley to win I would be "amazed." In the meantime, I will just expect the likely.

However, being a math teacher of Statistics, I generally lean my thinking towards the statistically likely. In this line of thinking, I am "amazed" when the unthinkable happens. I am not amazed very often. For Halls or Bradley to win I would be "amazed." In the meantime, I will just expect the likely.

Why don't you give us the data set that you've collected and that you're using in your quantitative analytical interpretation so that we can peer review your assumptions and conclusions? I'm especially interested in your investigation of causality, and in particular how you've drawn conclusions on the effect of changes in the values of predictors or independent variables in response to dependent variables. Then again, maybe it's just that Maryville is better than Halls and the game is being played at MHS.

Why don't you give us the data set that you've collected and that you're using in your quantitative analytical interpretation so that we can peer review your assumptions and conclusions? I'm especially interested in your investigation of causality, and in particular how you've drawn conclusions on the effect of changes in the values of predictors or independent variables in response to dependent variables. Then again, maybe it's just that Maryville is better than Halls and the game is being played at MHS.

Wow....impressive. How about I just give you a 99% confidence interval of the mean scores of both schools to make an inference about the future.

Why is Maryville so good?

I think this tale of the tape may answer some questions with a comparison with Halls after eight games. I understand the ability of the Rebels to execute more because of a deeper bench and talent pool available,etc.

Halls

Run 86% of the time 281 plays for 1918 yards for 78% yardage gained. 6.82 avg.

Pass 14% of the time 45 plays for 524 yards for 22% yardage gained. 11.64 avg.

Maryville

Run 61% of the time 203 plays for 935 yards for 32% yardage gained. 4.61 avg.

Pass 39% of the time 129 plays for 2002 yards for 68% yardage gained. 15.52 avg.

By the looks of things a complete contrast of coaching styles. Julian has done a great job this year for the Red Devils and it shows in the W's this year and the personel at his disposal.

Quarles has mastered a domineering style that matches a college team in offensive style and this definitely shows the way to win championships and a unbelievable unbeaten streak of 52 and counting record.

So congratulations to both programs this year. It looks like another ring for the Rebels once again.

Talent pool, deeper bench? Just tell the truth Maryville has all of the best players in all of Blount Co. and some from other counties including Knox Co. They even have Burnett who should be your quarterback. But I guess the truth hurts CZAR. Maybe your Halls players will be aggressive enough to make Burnett wish he had stayed at Halls, If you know what I mean.

Talent pool, deeper bench? Just tell the truth Maryville has all of the best players in all of Blount Co. and some from other counties including Knox Co. They even have Burnett who should be your quarterback. But I guess the truth hurts CZAR. Maybe your Halls players will be aggressive enough to make Burnett wish he had stayed at Halls, If you know what I mean.

To be an MBA guy, you at least think you know a whole lot about Knoxville area football.

The boys from Halls will come ready to play...Make sure you are eady...Ya folks have talked a loy all week...You know as well as I do that anything can happen and rather you like it or not...Halls can do it if they come ready to play ball......not saying they will win....however I think they can pull it out....We do respeect th Maryville team but we are hungry...young but hungry....Underclassman are showing some real potential and 1st team is working thier buts off...Maryville is top class...But Halls is comming up fast..Be careful boys....Coach J has done a great job in the last 2 yearsrs....Do not underestamate what Halls is hunting for on Frii. ...Best of luck to both teams and lets hope for good call from the officials....................

Man, talk about calling a guy out!

2000 was the last time Maryville lost to Halls. That's a stat for you.