OOOLTEWAH VS OAK RIDGE

owlfanatic

MAN U JUST DONT WHEN TO QUIT DO U? Who cares he s not the only kid on the team, the other rb is just as fast and good as he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! find something else, Coacht has already shut you down once and they will again if you dont STOP /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Actually, he made a valid point. Not having a starting RB will normally affect your game plan tremendously.

GO CATS!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Authorities say the Ooltewah students taunted Ridgeland students during the game, leading to a fight that spilled over into the parking lot after the game.

This is from the article on wrcb. From what I know this is false. The media has done a terrible job with this story. There have been so many bad reports it's incredible.

Back to the subject...

Should be a great game and a big crowd.

Actually, he made a valid point. Not having a starting RB will normally affect your game plan tremendously.

GO CATS!

i made a valid point as well! it dont matter the back up is as good as the starter the kids and staff as much confidence in the back up as well /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> he just keeps bringin it up and up and up!!!!!!1

It is a sad state of affairs when players charged with crimes this serious are allowed to continue playing football as if nothing happened. What are we teaching young athletes if they are "above" the law. These students should be suspended from play till the issues are resolved. The reaction of the coach and principal at Ooltewah just prove that football and winning is THE ONLY important thing at Ooltewah. If a student must have passing grades to play, they should also have to stay on the right side of the law. Ooltewah's coach shows poor judgment and no class by not suspending Marshall. He KNOWS that Ooltewah would have no chance at all against Oak Ridge if he suspended him, thats why he isn't. GO WILDCATS !

Oak Ridge Wildcats-31

Ooltewah Jail Birds-24 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I ENCOURAGE ALL OOLTEWAH FANS TO PLEASE NOT RESPOND TO THOSE WHO WANT TO DEGRADE OUR COMMUNITY, OUR SCHOOL AND OUR TEAM. DO NOT FEED THEIR FIRE. NO MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID ABOUT THIS BY ANY OOLTEWAH FAN...PERIOD.

OOLTEWAH FANS, COME OUT AND SUPPORT THE TEAM AND COMMUNITY TONIGHT. STAND BEHIND OUR TEAM WIN OR LOSE. NO EXCUSES, LET'S JUST PLAY FOOTBALL.

GO OWLS

It is a sad state of affairs when players charged with crimes this serious are allowed to continue playing football as if nothing happened. What are we teaching young athletes if they are "above" the law. These students should be suspended from play till the issues are resolved. The reaction of the coach and principal at Ooltewah just prove that football and winning is THE ONLY important thing at Ooltewah. If a student must have passing grades to play, they should also have to stay on the right side of the law. Ooltewah's coach shows poor judgment and no class by not suspending Marshall. He KNOWS that Ooltewah would have no chance at all against Oak Ridge if he suspended him, thats why he isn't. GO WILDCATS !

Oak Ridge Wildcats-31

Ooltewah Jail Birds-24 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Something tells me he or they will be suspended by next weeks game. They can win that game with these kids out. Yep, I think most of the board has lost respect for their legendary coach!

Something tells me he or they will be suspended by next weeks game. They can win that game with these kids out. Yep, I think most of the board has lost respect for their legendary coach!

ok day after day I get on here and watch everyone that feels like it,degrade Ooltewah-school, team community students and Coach Monroe. I promise you this...and I am sure no one cares..but this is the last time I will be on COACHT. I see why GOVMAN, ETCOACH and many more are rarely seen anymore on here. These are people's lives we are dealing with here. People get on here and say...they should have been suspended...thrown off the team..thrown in jail. I don't think Coach Monroe is not suspending the seven players so he can win. THink what you want. I just don't think he wanted to throw his boys under a bus. Teaching them a lesson or "molding their character" may have to do with what he is doing. WHO ON HERE KNOWS 100% what he has said to them done with them?? I know for a fact they have been punished and will continue to have to do things. Does everyone discipline their kids the same. I know OR had an incident with their coach at Clinton game. It was handled. I saw people on here wanting him fired... I saw people taking up for him. Everyone ALWAYS knows what should be done. Coach Monroe is a great man. I played for him. He doesn't put up with crap. But he also doesn't let people tell him how to coach or who to play or what to do. I guarantee you this. He cares great deal about his players and talked and talked and went over things and made a decision based on what he thought was best for them. He didn't play one of our best players on the team last week in one of the biggest games of the season because he broke a team rule and didn't practice all week. God knows Coach Monroe can coach. He has made changes and played players this year mostly sophs instead of seniors and made lots of people mad. But in the end, he is the coach and gets paid to make those decisions. Get off his back. I have for a couple years enjoyed getting on here and having fun. No more. I am done. This is a witch hunt and I won't be a part of it. GO OWLS. I pray everyone stays healthy tonight. Bye to everyone on here.

Oak Ridge Wildcats-31

As much respect as I have for Benny Monroe and what he has done for many young men over his 30+ years of coaching high school football I have to question his wisdom if he lets these players compete in a game with this issue looming around them.

Without being that familiar with the issue my question is this: Why did the parents or administration from Ooltewah high school not get on top of this from the start and let it linger for weeks while it has gained fuel in the media and on the internet?

Obviously it is a very serious issue or law enforcement would never had issued a warrant for these young mens arrest. I say if it was serious enough to issue a warrant for there arrest then they should not participate until the issue is cleared up. Furthermore it is hard for me to believe the Hamilton Co. Board of Education does not have a policy that addresses this issue of a student participating in extra curricular activities while having an issue with an law enforcement agency.

With all of this siad I know Benny and what he stands for and how he develops football players so I trust his judgement on this and hope all turns out well for the kids involved.

is it true that most of the 7 boys charged recently are seniors? Not trying to start anything I was just curious! But anyhow good luck to both teams! hope yall have a good game

Not trying to stir things up?????????? Sounds to me like you could get a warrant on you for the same thing the players did???? you do everything you condem abo /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ut Ooltewah , you get on here and stir the pot and dont stop. talking about the pot callin the kettle black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh yeah there all SENIOR GIRLS the 7 you were askin about!!!! do u feel better now that i told you, THE TRUTH. YEA RIDGELAND HIGH SCHOOL i hope ya ll win 2night who you playing?????????? Ringgold Middle /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />