Who Should Host...Who Has A field?

Canesoverhere

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bowling Green, KY (the Fighting Purples) has the nicest facility I have seen. Would Kentucky be considered a neutral site for all?

CREE , would Bowling Green be okay with you? Could the bus handle that trek?

If not, perhaps we could work something out. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

The Greeneville Soccer Association has just broken ground for a dedicated soccer complex specifically to host tournaments (HS, Club, etc.). It will consist of 2 regulation fields surrounded by several smaller ones (for the younger aga groups) and include most of the amenities such as lights, concession stand and rest rooms. This along with it's current excellent field and Tusculum College's awesome indoor soccer complex makes Greeneville look pretty good for a small town. Will keep you posted.

Post season play should not be on football fields. They are too narrow and short, the crown is too large and they are generally chewed up by this time of the season.

While I totally agree with you, and am equally frustrated when we have to play on a tiny torn up field, I think that if it were up to the teams who have to play on those fields, that they would have an official soccer field. The problem is that most school districts won't throw that kind of money towards soccer, to have a soccer designated field. And even after you get the property, you have to put a heck of a lot of money in upkeep (let alone lights and field house).

Post season play should not be on football fields. They are too narrow and short, the crown is too large and they are generally chewed up by this time of the season.

Kickgrass, I would agree that some post season should not be on football fields - regionals, sectionals and beyond.

However, its not very practical to have district playoffs not be held at a particular site just because they have to play on a football field. They've deserved to host a district game by virtue of their record, and should be allowed on their home field, even if its a football field.

BigG gives some very valid reasons above why we'll be doing this for some time.