Morristown East at Sullivan South

SSFan

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You probably will beat us next year but this is this year. We lose alot this year MR. Band

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I know he is good enough to run over, or around (which ever he wants) the canes. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well I have seen him only once and I'm not doubting him but I didn't see him last year as being so talented he could do whatever he wanted to. I think it will take a team effort to win in the playoffs not just one person. Remember everyone is one play away from being a spectator.

Well I have seen him only once and I'm not doubting him but I didn't see him last year as being so talented he could do whatever he wanted to. I think it will take a team effort to win in the playoffs not just one person. Remember everyone is one play away from being a spectator.

You are right---if Curt walks on water Friday night it will be raining.

M-E has put in 3 days of good practice . M-E looks ready to beat up on

someone wearing a different color uniform.

You are right---if Curt walks on water Friday night it will be raining.

M-E has put in 3 days of good practice . M-E looks ready to beat up on

someone wearing a different color uniform.

Because I'm sure South will just roll over, because you know.....East had 3 whole good days of practice. Shew. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

My advise is to tell your son to get in the weight room or join the band. if you told your son that then that may explain his ability or lack of.

Curt is only 6'3" 225. After Johnson County everybody else just got out of his way. It was amazing to watch. They would not try to tackle him. When, on occasion, someone got in his way they tasted the bust from a 5.5 Fullback hitting them at Autobann speed. Not even Greenville stopped him. Only THS made a valid effort. Against SHHS in week 0 Curt said before the game on Thursday that he was going to make sure Aaron Trent knew what it felt like to hit him (Curt). Sure enough...he found out. Curt carried all 3 'Topper LB's for a 12 yd gain...without a helmet (it came off with the initial contact with Trent). Cap was trying to tell you something that I don't think you quite understood.

We underestimated you last year and Stacy was out coached. You won fair and square. The way you played us you should have gone farther. Evidently beating South was far enough. We won't discount you. Most of the pro South talk here is coming from teams we have already played. Not many Southers on this thread. Understand 2 things about the '07 Rebels. Curt is twice the QB he was last year. He plays with a Peyton Manning attitude. AND we are a complete offense. We don't show it very often but it is present. We have many weapons honed to perfection and wating to slash a gaping tear in the midsection of an unsuspecting defense bubbling with false confidence in the borrowed incorrect assumption that he is a one man show. This will be one of Stacy's finest hours.

May we have a clean game and no injuries.

Here is an opinion from an non-bias fan, I did get to see Curt last year and I even made my way over to Pactolus a couple of times this year from what I can tell this is not the same kid, bigger, faster, stronger. Also this South team is not the same team we played last year, Comp is right the kids out there this year don't care who gets the headlines it's all about the W's. East will probably score first, but that will not shake the foundation at death valley, heck they might even score twice before South gets on the board still won't matter they just keep pushing through until before you know it they have worked thier way back into the game. They did it against a very good D last week, and that is a D I would put in the top 3 that we have faced this year.

Good Luck to both teams. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

BTW, to the poster that was cracking on Cap's kid, have you even seen the kid play. His kid is a player! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Yes I am going to say it Rebels by 14!

ROLL TRIBE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is an opinion from an non-bias fan, I did get to see Curt last year and I even made my way over to Pactolus a couple of times this year from what I can tell this is not the same kid, bigger, faster, stronger. Also this South team is not the same team we played last year, Comp is right the kids out there this year don't care who gets the headlines it's all about the W's. East will probably score first, but that will not shake the foundation at death valley, heck they might even score twice before South gets on the board still won't matter they just keep pushing through until before you know it they have worked thier way back into the game. They did it against a very good D last week, and that is a D I would put in the top 3 that we have faced this year.

Good Luck to both teams. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

BTW, to the poster that was cracking on Cap's kid, have you even seen the kid play. His kid is a player! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Yes I am going to say it Rebels by 14!

ROLL TRIBE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually hope South starts out behind again this week, just so I can see them explode the offensive bomb they have. It will be a wild game

No they won't everyone knows that. Against greeneville he had 200yds passing and 100 rushing. Besides him we stuffed ur run and if gets hurt no one could step up to his level

You didn't stuff anything. Stacy refused to use the running game. What little we used it...it worked. [Phillips 21-141-2td, Taylor Fletcher 8-41, Brad Shanks 3-25]

He is a bit stubborn like that. Actually he was trying to make our WR's learn how to get open under double coverage...knowing they would see it again and again. Sort of sacrificed the game in order to teach them a lesson in getting open. But don't pride yourself on stuffing the run 'cause you didn't.

You didn't stuff anything. Stacy refused to use the running game. What little we used it...it worked. [Phillips 21-141-2td, Taylor Fletcher 8-41, Brad Shanks 3-25]

He is a bit stubborn like that. Actually he was trying to make our WR's learn how to get open under double coverage...knowing they would see it again and again. Sort of sacrificed the game in order to teach them a lesson in getting open. But don't pride yourself on stuffing the run 'cause you didn't.

I don't always agree with Comp but I think this post is very insightful. If true, it does not bode well for SSHS's playoff opponents. Is there a Master Plan out there?

John B you keep referring back to Phillips quote.. but you are misquoting him, his comment was made after the loss to Greeneville and said "we will not lose another regular season game", which was true, but this is the playoffs. You'll have to try and dig something else up to get your Mo East boys fired up. This will be a better game than some of you think, East is MUCH better than your typical #4 spot.

Good Luck Rebs

Best post on this thread.

Two very true statements - the "Curt quote" was only about the regular season and the comment that M-E is a tough 4 seed. In fact, I think M-E is the toughest 4 seed in the 4A playoffs, statewide.