Question for the Oakland folks...

Football Man

Question for someone in the know can it be done at Oakland and will they make the commitment to a proven winner with a championship and a track record of getting it done where others couldn't. What kind of booster club support does the program have? What kind of time frame are they looking at?

Oakland has proven that they have will use whatever resources to field a winning team, just look at our past, its nothing thats uber impressive, but we've been successful over the years. Oakland just finished building a pretty nice indoor facility, so obviously they have proved an unwavering commitment not just to football, but to the athletic department as a whole. I dont think most Oakland folks are entirely unreasonable, but when you only win 15 games in the last 5 seasons, of course folks are going to get crazy, I think most Oakland fans just want to see Oakland be able to go to the playoffs on a regular basis and every once in a while challenge for a state championship.

In terms of a time frame of hiring a coach, Oakland is looking to have the new coach in place by at least Christmas. I hope that answers some of your questions.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad..DAD. I will take my fun gene out and get back to the serious discussion of football. Information given out here is worth millions to would be applicants.

"Millions"? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Rutherford County pays better than some places, but NOT that good. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

"Millions"? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Rutherford County pays better than some places, but NOT that good. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Just trying to have some fun with old buddies. Did not mean to take away from thread.

Just trying to have some fun with old buddies. Did not mean to take away from thread.

No problem. Was just worried that some of your friends were going to go a little bit too far and get the thread shut down by the mods. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I figure the current administration will give the successful applicant four years to turn the program around, but know that there is great compitition for players here in Rutherford County and some have been known to have suddenly 'found' new residences in the past zoned for other schools. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Like I said earlier, this Region is VERY competitive!

Good gosh this thread got off track worse than some of the ones I used to be a part of..... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Okay,I was told that yesterday was the cutoff to apply for the Oakland job and the Eagleville job. So.....does anyone have a list of either school's candidates?? I cannot confirm this by any person in authority, but was told that OHS had around 30 applications turned in and that a HC with a ring from a prestigious school in Williamson County was seen on campus. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good gosh this thread got off track worse than some of the ones I used to be a part of..... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Okay,I was told that yesterday was the cutoff to apply for the Oakland job and the Eagleville job. So.....does anyone have a list of either school's candidates?? I cannot confirm this by any person in authority, but was told that OHS had around 30 applications turned in and that a HC with a ring from a prestigious school in Williamson County was seen on campus. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That seems like an early cutoff, especially since that is not mentioned in the posting on Tssaa.org. But you are in the know and I did hear that a new coach should be in place at Oakland by Christmas. I hope that the DC at WC had a chance to apply.

I thought it seemed early too, but then realized it has been open since before the playoffs started, so around 3 weeks now since we are in round 3. That has been a long time then. I was told the post on the Rutherford County website had the deadline listed as Friday for us and for Eagleville.

Flat, I wish I was in the know......I got my info from an OHS parent while eating a hot dog at the WC/RHS ballgame. ( BTW, they aren't as good as our dogs from OHS.) I admit, we had a great time doing the "what if" game. If I were really in the know, I would be typing a list of who has applied instead of asking yall for one. hahahaah! I also heard they wanted somone firmly in place by Xmas. I agree with that b/c the offseason is VERY important esp if a new person is planning toinstall new schemes.

I agree that Coach McDaniel would be a great fit for OHS football. He is young and can grow with the program. He is also familiar with working with a diverse student population. I bet he could bring in some good people with him. don't know if he applied or not. Anyone know? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What about the wingt guru Mac McCurry???He is 12-0 in miss right now and is 39-5 in 3yrs down there.

What about Tommy Tharpe he is a great coach and turned around a horrible situation into region runner up this year in just 3 yrs!

and Finally William Johnson.......just kiddin on this one!

Where is Coach McCurry now?...

p.s. I hope the Joslin thing has been shot down! /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

THE SQUAD /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />