Lenoir City Head Coach Resigns

lcfootball101

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now that he is leaving the haters want to make nice after blasting him all season? Thats nice.

Lenoir City needs to try their best to move back down to 3A ball if they want to challenge to the point of making playoff runs and playing for region championships. I think this coach's downfall coincided with the move to 4A to a certain extent and the next coach, whoever he is might just have the same problem.

I knew Coach White's father well, and his brother is a coach at Maryville. He is a class act from a class family. Congratz, you guys wanted a change and you got it. Coach White will land on his feet and likely end up with the BETTER end of the deal.

Today at 2:00 pm head coach Nick White called his men to a meeting , And renounced himself as the head football coach of lenoir city high school. It cought me off guad when he said it and could belive what I had just heard. I mean I had heard things like everyone has but never thought he would tell us that he has made the choice to resigne. Just to be totally honest , At times I was like everyone of you all when it came to talking about this program , Everything that I said wasnt always postive or was it always how I thought it was going to turn out. Just like this , Last night I stayed up giveing my side of the story on the bus ride and personal opinion on what I thought the team could do and wouldnt do. But one thing I guess that I couldnt see that was right in front of my eyes was that Nick White wasnt just a coach , He was a friend. And its just like senoir night all over but you didnt see this one leaveing. In the meeting he said "It is time for someone else to take a shot at it , I just hope that I can say I got you all started in the right direction. But even tho im leaveing I want you take promise me that youll do anything for who ever comes along". I promised him I would and I dont plan giveing up but n the years I have been here ive never seen Nick White cry or show alot of emotion , But when he said this he almost burst into tears , And he finally let his guard down. Kinda showed me that he wasnt just someone I could talk to when the times are rough or I just wanted to give up. But someone that has problems just like I do. I guess what im geting at , This group of men is currently without a leader. They still have there guidence and there heart , but they dont have anyone to protect them from all of the hits they take off the feild. No one currently knows who is going to take the place of "Head Coach" at Lenoir City. But to end this I guess that I wanted to get something out , Its been a honor to play for someone that cared more about there team then there own family , Some of the choices made werent always the best ones , But I stud by you when times were rough and I will stand by when its over. Thanks Coach.

I agree mhs.

It is funny reading the posts I have read on here the past two weeks from LC folks versus what they are saying now.

Solomon

I never said he was not a good man, I just did not agree with his coaching technique or his discipline of the players for doing wrong. I understand that these are 14, 15, 16, and 17 year old boys but when you don't stick to your rules set forth then who is going to respect you. I also never said which coach or coach's should leave. Coach White is a good teacher and a great father to his 2 small children. I want to wish him and his family the best in whatever he decides to do or whereever he decides to go.

Solomon

I never said he was not a good man, I just did not agree with his coaching technique or his discipline of the players for doing wrong. I understand that these are 14, 15, 16, and 17 year old boys but when you don't stick to your rules set forth then who is going to respect you. I also never said which coach or coach's should leave. Coach White is a good teacher and a great father to his 2 small children. I want to wish him and his family the best in whatever he decides to do or whereever he decides to go.

Oh, ok.

So you use and anomyous screenname and voice your negative opinions towards this coching staff (as well as talk about how great you are as a coach), question the character of some coaches, supply rumors of their actions without supplying names or times, yet you never said "which" coach should be fired so it's ok and you can wish the coach the best in future endeavors. Gotcha now.

Please excuse me for being confused. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I said I thought we needed a change due to a 1 and 19 record over two seasons, plain and simple. I never said Coach White was a horrible person or treated players badly. The team wasn't winning and he was the head coach, things didn't seem to be getting any better so a change was needed. People from Maryville would want change too if they had the same record, and from what I have heard Quarles is a great guy also.

Oh, ok.

So you use and anomyous screenname and voice your negative opinions towards this coching staff (as well as talk about how great you are as a coach), question the character of some coaches, supply rumors of their actions without supplying names or times, yet you never said "which" coach should be fired so it's ok and you can wish the coach the best in future endeavors. Gotcha now.

Please excuse me for being confused. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You mean an anonymous screen name like Solomon?

Hey Soloman, yes the LC fans wanted change. Just because they were trying to show some civility does change the fact that they are probably not shedding any tears today. Coach White’s resignation was his choice. It was his program from day one and all that was accomplished or was not accomplished was his alone. Critics are just that critics. Their words had nothing to do about Coach White leaving. Now we can begin the debate or rumors on who will be his replacement.

So now that he is leaving the haters want to make nice after blasting him all season? Thats nice.

Lenoir City needs to try their best to move back down to 3A ball if they want to challenge to the point of making playoff runs and playing for region championships. I think this coach's downfall coincided with the move to 4A to a certain extent and the next coach, whoever he is might just have the same problem.

I knew Coach White's father well, and his brother is a coach at Maryville. He is a class act from a class family. Congratz, you guys wanted a change and you got it. Coach White will land on his feet and likely end up with the BETTER end of the deal.

We don't have a choice in playing 4A!! Believe me, we know better than anyone that we need to be moved back down but since it's determined on school size, not team size or ability, we have to deal with it. You're right MHS, we wanted a change and we got it, the Head Coach is the ultimate person that has to answer for things but he's got A LOT of assistants that need to go to!!!